• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

EGM92

Really wanted to go but I'm working and dealing with stuff at home so won't be able to make it. What kind of event is it exactly? I know its AC3 but what? A multiplayer event? Get the game early for free? play the wiiu version?

krae_man

Really wanted to go but I'm working and dealing with stuff at home so won't be able to make it. What kind of event is it exactly? I know its AC3 but what? A multiplayer event? Get the game early for free? play the wiiu version?

Launch party. Hosted by Ubisoft.

whitehawk

Banned
Whitehawk is good to go as well.

The band is getting back together.
Just saw this. Yes :D:D

So if we go to this event, do we have to buy AC3? I wasn't planning to, but I am interested in the game. I might just buy it.

Now I just have to make sure my work schedule works out.

wingz

Just saw this. Yes :D:D

So if we go to this event, do we have to buy AC3? I wasn't planning to, but I am interested in the game. I might just buy it.

Now I just have to make sure my work schedule works out.

You don't have to buy it. It's just a general party to celebrate AC3. My guess is you'll probably end up getting alot of AC theme swag.

Unless something happens, I'll be going to the launch event. I'm not sure I'll meet with GAF beforehand though since it will take me a while to get to the location.

krae_man

Updated list:

Fuzzy
zorbsie
krae_man
BigJonsson
Quadratic
Kryptonite
whitehawk

Am I missing anyone. I Shagg_187 probably got an invite at this point but not sure.

So do we want to do a pre-party meet-up/dinner?

Zorbsie said he's game and Quadratic implied he's game and can recommend some places since he works in the area. Raimond on the Tsilon site posted there that he doesn't have an account here yet but lurks and would be interested in going to a pre-party meetup. I think he's the guy who won the MK tournament.

Does anyone want to/is able to do a 5pm-5:30pm GAF dinner beforehand? Is there anywhere decent nearby we could even do that?

You don't think they'll have food at the event? Its at a pretty nice looking restaurant and its 19+ so I imagine they expect people to be drinking which means they'll have to have food as well

Firestorm

Urgh. Trying to decide between Halo 4 Regular and Halo 4 Limited Edition. Normally I'd just grab regular but the Limited Edition seems to include an extended cut of the web series which was filmed at my school so it would be cool to have... $40 more though. I wonder if I can sell the multiplayer maps and other trinkets to make up the cost.

djblue89

Urgh. Trying to decide between Halo 4 Regular and Halo 4 Limited Edition. Normally I'd just grab regular but the Limited Edition seems to include an extended cut of the web series which was filmed at my school so it would be cool to have... $40 more though. I wonder if I can sell the multiplayer maps and other trinkets to make up the cost.

I'll buy the multiplayer maps from you

Updated list:

Fuzzy
zorbsie
krae_man
BigJonsson
Quadratic
Kryptonite
whitehawk

Am I missing anyone. I Shagg_187 probably got an invite at this point but not sure.

So do we want to do a pre-party meet-up/dinner?

Zorbsie said he's game and Quadratic implied he's game and can recommend some places since he works in the area. Raimond on the Tsilon site posted there that he doesn't have an account here yet but lurks and would be interested in going to a pre-party meetup. I think he's the guy who won the MK tournament.
I responded to the RSVP and I got PMed to provide my name. Is that it? If so:

Fuzzy
zorbsie
krae_man
BigJonsson
Quadratic
Kryptonite
whitehawk
shagg_187

DrEvil

not a medical professional
A note from the Misters regarding old dailies:

Also, as a relevant tangent brought up from the various non-Tsilon construct locations that discovered that some dailies worked after the day they were put up: you can never get in trouble for codes put into the cryptocode box. If we really need to, we can remove a redeemed cryptocode from everyone's accounts to fix a situation, although we have not had to do this and currently have no plans to do so - it's our screwup when this happens, not yours.

krae_man

You don't think they'll have food at the event? Its at a pretty nice looking restaurant and its 19+ so I imagine they expect people to be drinking which means they'll have to have food as well

In all likelyhood it will be finger foods and appetizers. I've been to catered events before without eating and went home hungry. Finger foods are nice but they don't replace a meal very well. I wouldn't reccomend going there having not eaten since lunch.

The pre event meetup last time was awesome so that's why I'm suggesting we do it again. We can split some wings or something that way we don't go in there starving but not stuffed.

21 Spots RSVP'd over at tsilon:

1. Kraid
2. fongerwin
3. sousanator
4. ericchops
5. larryd85
6. evilenger
7. Mupits
8. M1GO
9. BigJonsson28
10. chicoquente
11. Raimond
12. quadratic
13. krae_man
14. Hedgey
15. TMLEAFS24
16. talacadac
17. momo
18. mrhealthy
19. Turteyz
20. shagg187
21. zorbsie

Aww yeah! I see quite a few gaffers! :D

DLC sells for a lot on eBay. You'd have no problem flipping it, considering it makes up a bulk of the extra $40.

krae_man

Or the Misters haven't read it. Anyway since the Misters just said "Show up early to get the best swag" Maybe Dinner is a bust and camping out in line is a better alternative.

zorbsie

Wait so no meet up before the event? krae_man, what time will you be there? I can probably be there for 5ish. That way you're not waiting alone for too long :)

Dress to impress? But we're gamers. I guess my wife will have to dress me that day. lol

Wait so no meet up before the event? krae_man, what time will you be there? I can probably be there for 5ish. That way you're not waiting alone for too long :)

Dress to impress? But we're gamers. I guess my wife will have to dress me that day. lol

I guess its a serious event :p

I'll be there around 5, I've never been down to that area and I'll be bringing my camera and looking around pre-event

krae_man

I don't know what to do. It would be cool to hang out before hand just like we did at the MK meetup and I still think eating something before the event is a good idea just in case. But if we do that, we'll probably end up 30 minutes to an hour late I don't want to miss out on the best swag.

If there's a red carpet or something we all need to go together.

Press: Who are you?
Us: We're motherfucking NeoGAF

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I don't know what to do. It would be cool to hang out before hand just like we did at the MK meetup and I still think eating something before the event is a good idea just in case. But if we do that, we'll probably end up 30 minutes to an hour late I don't want to miss out on the best swag.

If there's a red carpet or something we all need to go together.

Press: Who are you?
Us: We're motherfucking NeoGAF
I'd lie and say I'm Michael Ancel's bastard that he abandoned.

Quadratic

About parking for the AC3 event: there's a green P on Mill street and another lot just north of it off of Parliament. There's also parking at Distillery but it tends to get rammed and getting in and out is somewhat of a hassle. There's also street parking on the Esplanade nearby (check google maps), you'll have to cross a park over to Parliament. No free parking close to Distillery after 4pm.

I get off at 3:30pm so if anyone wants to grab an early drink at Betty's on King St near Sherbourne. It's a spot 4 blocks away that has some decent beers. Send a PM. We'll have some time to set it up since it's a week away.

chicoquente

Neo Member
About parking for the AC3 event: there's a green P on Mill street and another lot just north of it off of Parliament. There's also parking at Distillery but it tends to get rammed and getting in and out is somewhat of a hassle. There's also street parking on the Esplanade nearby (check google maps), you'll have to cross a park over to Parliament. No free parking close to Distillery after 4pm.

I get off at 3:30pm so if anyone wants to grab an early drink at Betty's on King St near Sherbourne. It's a spot 4 blocks away that has some decent beers. Send a PM. We'll have some time to set it up since it's a week away.

Thanks for the parking info. It is much appreciated!

krae_man

I'm down, I'll meet you after work.

I'm at Indisfest for the next 3 days. I'll see what's going on when I get back Sunday night.

Looking forward to hanging with you all again.

chicoquente

Neo Member
I see a couple people mentioned the possibility of an open bar on tsilon... is that actually a possibility? I've never been to something like this so perhaps that is a stupid question. ha ha. But if it is open bar I may just have to reconsider my plans to drive in and use transit instead!

Top Bottom