• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

whitehawk

Banned
Yess, got the day off work! Sent my PM RSVP to the Mister. I should be good to go.
About parking for the AC3 event: there's a green P on Mill street and another lot just north of it off of Parliament. There's also parking at Distillery but it tends to get rammed and getting in and out is somewhat of a hassle. There's also street parking on the Esplanade nearby (check google maps), you'll have to cross a park over to Parliament. No free parking close to Distillery after 4pm.

I get off at 3:30pm so if anyone wants to grab an early drink at Betty's on King St near Sherbourne. It's a spot 4 blocks away that has some decent beers. Send a PM. We'll have some time to set it up since it's a week away.

I'm down, I'll meet you after work.

I'm at Indisfest for the next 3 days. I'll see what's going on when I get back Sunday night.

Looking forward to hanging with you all again.
I may meet up with you guys.

I see a couple people mentioned the possibility of an open bar on tsilon... is that actually a possibility? I've never been to something like this so perhaps that is a stupid question. ha ha. But if it is open bar I may just have to reconsider my plans to drive in and use transit instead!

One of my friends who says she is going to this event said that past launch parties have been open bar, she isn't g-list, she has a connection to someone in the PR department at Ubi

whitehawk

Banned
One of my friends who says she is going to this event said that past launch parties have been open bar, she isn't g-list, she has a connection to someone in the PR department at Ubi
Would be amazing

3AQmK.gif

zroid

Banned
Yay, I love challenges that I've already completed :3
Mario Tennis Open

I'm surprised there's nothing for B2W2 yet. Maybe this weekend.

Leeness

So I only just figured out how this site works (I know...) and got to level 20. Do you think they might offer an Assassins 3 code again before the game comes out? I can't buy it full price right now, so maybe I'll get lucky? :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So I only just figured out how this site works (I know...) and got to level 20. Do you think they might offer an Assassins 3 code again before the game comes out? I can't buy it full price right now, so maybe I'll get lucky? :(
I wouldn't be surprised if they offered another AC3 perk. Ubisoft is a big supporter (after Future Shop) of the site.

G17

How did you get to level 20? I just signed up recently and I've already run out of tier 3 questions and only have done one challenge so I made it up to level 13.

Fuzzy

How did you get to level 20? I just signed up recently and I've already run out of tier 3 questions and only have done one challenge so I made it up to level 13.
Go back to page 70 of this thread and start entering all the dailies up until now because people were saying they still work.

Leeness

I wouldn't be surprised if they offered another AC3 perk. Ubisoft is a big supporter (after Future Shop) of the site.

Aaah I hope so, I really want to pick it up at launch but I can't spend $60 right now. $40 would help me sleep at night haha.

Go back to page 70 of this thread and start entering all the dailies up until now because people were saying they still work.

Yeeeep that's exactly what I did lol.

Stat!

Fuzzy was nice enough to give me his code so I have a $20 Code for Halo 4 if anyone wants.

Hopefully, the NHL 13 challenge is the right game (cause I have it :p).

Stat!

Ack no! They changed it to NFL Blitz. :(

Which sucks since I have Madden 3 on 3 Arcade but not Blitz for my arcade Madden feel. Also, because getting the NHL 13 achievements are easier for me :p

krae_man

Bettys at 4pm or so sounds like a plan to me. I'm pumped for this. I just got back from a internet meetup in Atlanta this weekend but I am so down for another one.

zorbsie

Bettys at 4pm or so sounds like a plan to me. I'm pumped for this. I just got back from a internet meetup in Atlanta this weekend but I am so down for another one.

Might be able to leave work a little early and meet you guys then. I'll know closer to the date though.

iphys

Woohoo, they finally put the retro challenge up and it's Punch-Out!!, but fortunately you don't have to KO Mike Tyson, just Super Macho Man, yet they're giving 2000 xp and a 1-up for it. Yes, yes, yes!

EGM92

Woohoo, they finally put the retro challenge up and it's Punch-Out!!, but fortunately you don't have to KO Mike Tyson, just Super Macho Man, yet they're giving 2000 xp and a 1-up for it. Yes, yes, yes!

Yep did it, it's not hard, his pattern is super easy and it's pretty easy to get his timing down. Knocked his ass down in the second round.

Fuzzy

A few new things on the forum from last night:

[Shooter League] Halo 4. Signups underway.

[Fight League] Persona 4 Arena. Signups underway.

and the final list for the AC3 event on Thursday was posted. Only 29 spots were filled according to the list.

Mister J said:
Kraid
fongerwin
sousanator
ericchops
larryd85
evilenger
Mupits
M1GO
Paxton
BigJonsson28
chicoquente
Raimond
quadratic
krae_man
Concession
Hedgey
TMLEAFS24
kookoo89
pandalori
talacadac
timber1992
momo
rlieu
NextMemory
mrhealthy
Turteyz
shagg187
zorbsie
gloomyhitsuji

If your name is listed above, you made it into the AC3 event. Congrats! BE THERE!

Filling out a few more details before noon.

Stat!

Damn, I wish I was in Toronto (born, raised, live elsewhere) Had it been held a week later, I would have been able to attend. Sounds it like its going to be a blast. Shame too, since AC has been my favourite series this generation.

I still have a $20 Halo 4 code if anyone wants.

Other stuff? Rayman Jungle Run for iOS/Android is a ton of fun. Really great game (2.99 on Appstore). Great music, good controls, fun. I strongly recommend it.

Quadratic

I'll be there a bit early to Betty's. 4 sounds like a good time. It's like a 5 min walk to Distillery from there.

iphys

I wonder if TKO's are acceptable for the challenge?

I've been trying to get a KO to be sure, as the TKO seems too easy, but I have no idea. Apparently you have to knock him down twice in round 1 and then twice in round 2 without getting hit once. So far I've only managed to get the first two knockdowns before he hits me with one of those quick single-spin attacks that I barely ever manage to dodge in time.

Omzz

I've been trying to get a KO to be sure, as the TKO seems too easy, but I have no idea. Apparently you have to knock him down twice in round 1 and then twice in round 2 without getting hit once. So far I've only managed to get the first two knockdowns before he hits me with one of those quick single-spin attacks that I barely ever manage to dodge in time.

This is always the one attack that fucks me over lol. The rest is pretty easy as long as your timing is dead on. I got frustrated as hell with those infinite spin attacks until I learned you can't dodge too early.

I'm going to try anyway and submit the TKO, see if it works. If not I'll try for the KO

iphys

This is always the one attack that fucks me over lol. The rest is pretty easy as long as your timing is dead on. I got frustrated as hell with those infinite spin attacks until I learned you can't dodge too early.

I'm going to try anyway and submit the TKO, see if it works. If not I'll try for the KO

Let me know. I'm going to keep trying for the KO for now.

whitehawk

Banned
Man I should probably play Assasins Creed 2 before this event. Hell I haven't beaten AC1 either lol.

more info

This event will be interesting, as the Misters are leaving it more in the hands of their partners to present a nice event. Should be quite enjoyable regardless! Bar setting, playing AC3 early, meeting and discourse with members of the development team, and possibly some extra swag for members as well.

The Misters are quite unsure as to what will happen, so be sure to photograph the event for us!

I'm gonna bring my camera to the AC3 thing :)

I played AC1, 2 and Brotherhood in a span of 2 weeks.......could have skipped AC1 as AC2 is leagues better

EGM92

woot half way through level 55, hopefully I can finish Retro City Rampage, have any of you beat the game? If so how long did it take you?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Persona 4 Arena fighting league starting soon. Anyone from GAF joining up?

Top Bottom