• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking about it. But I'm so terrible. Also it's every Thursday night and I don't know if I can commit to the schedule.
I'm horrible too, but P4A is my favorite game of the year so far and I would like these events to keep going. I'm also on a tight schedule but I'll do my best.

Stat!

Ack - officially jealous of all of you - if only one week later. Make sure to post impressions and pics of swag!

And I can't beat Super Macho Man. I feel like a moron when I'm fighting him. I know what to do, but I can't do it. My timing is off completely and I'm down and out within like a minute. Does anyone have any fool proof tips?

iphys

When I was first playing Punch-Out, I used to always just practice defending against a new opponent and not hitting him at all, so maybe if you focus on that for a bit you will get a better sense of his timing. He gets tougher the more you knock him down, so I recommend trying to TKO him in round 1. It helps if you get stars off him so that you can use them to knock him down faster. I usually get the stars by delaying the last punch slightly every time you dodge to get in a sequence of punches.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Mister J said:
An extra perk is being added to this event for the first few members to complete a task at the event. Details coming shortly.

Yes, this is a last minute addition.
I don't know what it is but I want it.

I don't know what it is but I want it.

"A Mister's representative will be attending the event in standard decorum. For the first 7 members to find him at the event and complete his simple task, there will be a random FREE game from Tsilon's game vault sent to their home address.

Ensure possession of a photograph capable device on hand to complete our representative's task, and post your result to the G-List forum no later than 11pm PST, Friday October 19th.

Enjoy the evening!"

Random free game!

Fuzzy

"A Mister's representative will be attending the event in standard decorum. For the first 7 members to find him at the event and complete his simple task, there will be a random FREE game from Tsilon's game vault sent to their home address.

Ensure possession of a photograph capable device on hand to complete our representative's task, and post your result to the G-List forum no later than 11pm PST, Friday October 19th.

Enjoy the evening!"

Random free game!
They had a bunch of copies of Resistance BS for the Vita left over from the Mortal Kombat event. :p

From Twitter

Ubisoft Canada ‏@UbisoftCanada

Our Assassin's Creed III Launch Event is happening in Toronto tonight! #ACIIITO

Hype +1?

krae_man

Tsilon part was a bust. The mister showed up handed out some cards and by the time I caught up to him he was out and he then he bailed. Oh well free drinks and I got to hang out with my GAF peeps so it was worth it. Well except for this rain.

EGM92

lol was it the same mister from the MK tourney? What happened exactly? Was there a presentation, booths with the game, give aways?

I was expecting some stereotypical 18 yr old nerds. Boy, was I wrong.

Had a great time with Fuzzy (so jealous of your swags), Whitehawk (awesome shirt is awesome!), and everyone else! :D

CACAW!! CACAW!!

P.S. The guy with the curleh mustache! You're fucking hilarious! I forgot your GAF ID cause I am so drunk! D:

Fuzzy

lol was it the same mister from the MK tourney? What happened exactly? Was there a presentation, booths with the game, give aways?
There was a walkthrough demo upstairs with the devs where they talked about a bunch of stuff in the game and the guy playing sucked so we joke-heckled him. :p

Downstairs there were a bunch (15-20?) of TVs running PS3 builds of the game that you could jump on at pretty much any time because there were almost no lines. They also had a few Vitas so you could try Liberation. No real giveaways but I did score an AC messenger bag because my name wasn't on the list and the girl remembered me from when I checked in and said she wasn't sure if I was supposed to get one but she gave it to me anyway. Shagg was next to me and he didn't get one.

gUUeyl.jpg

I also got one of the tsilon metal cards because when krae saw the Mister walk in he started to follow him but I went around the opposite way to cut him off and got to him just before he gave out the last card. I either got the last one or the second last one. :D

Plus all the free booze and finger foods.

Fuzzy

It may have been worth it just for the free drinks, full open bar? Man I could have drank a really decent amount.
Yeah. A couple of guys (zorbsie, whitehawk) were getting double rum and cokes.

I can't wait to see the pic of whitehawk wearing his Dudebro II t-shirt along with Shaun Hatton from Electric Playground. It'll be awesome if you get him to talk about it on the show.

1) Rinoa, you're good looking. And your username is from one of my fave games of all time. Why aren't we married yet :p

2) Free open bar? Fuuuuuck. Wish I knew about this. Would have easily made the trip downtown.

3) I gotta give you guys props for sticking with this. I quit at level 29.

Top Bottom