• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

vulva

Tiny Tower grinding sucks but could be worse. I'm about 40 minutes in and on level 8. I think This is going to be doable.

Yeah, I keep trying. Nothing. Black page with "Registration Test"

Seen this asked three times from different people and no answer. Anyone?

Smo21

Gonna a red 3ds tomorrow with Mario Land 3d. Any other game I should look out for? Hopefully I win it tomorrow so I can hook a gaffer up.

KarmaCow

Okay I'm dumb but I can't figure out how to upload an avatar. I went to edit profile and clicked on the upload avatar thing which opens up a browser to choose the file. The problem is that when I select an avatar, it just reopens the browser again once and even if I select the file again, it just closes the browser and nothing. I'm using Firefox if that makes a difference.

Gonna a red 3ds tomorrow with Mario Land 3d. Any other game I should look out for? Hopefully I win it tomorrow so I can hook a gaffer up.

You can look for a 3DS thread, but Mario Kart, Starfox, and Zelda are good choices. RE Revelations comes out next week.

Okay I'm dumb but I can't figure out how to upload an avatar. I went to edit profile and clicked on the upload avatar thing which opens up a browser to choose the file. The problem is that when I select an avatar, it just reopens the browser again once and even if I select the file again, it just closes the browser and nothing. I'm using Firefox if that makes a difference.

Could be the size (too big?) or the extension (use .jpg).

LeetBM

Neo Member
Tiny Tower grinding sucks but could be worse. I'm about 40 minutes in and on level 8. I think This is going to be doable.

This grinding is sooo monotonous! I'm at Floor 14 after 24hrs but I did a few hours of manual grinding. Now I'm being charged over $33,000 for a single floor. This game is okay, but sucks when you have to cram it in.

DJ_Lae

Man, you guys make me feel like I've played WAY too much Tiny Tower (and I have):

dOSu4.jpg

Only thing worse is knowing that other people in the official thread have towers much bigger than mine.

whitehawk

Banned
In case your talking about the Mario+Red 3DS bundle, it doesn't work. You need to buy a standalone 3DS.

I did the Wii Sports challenge.

My arms be dead.

So tempted to try this one still.. How long did it take you?

I finished the tiny tower and monkey island challenges this week as well, and me and my cousin beat donkey kong to 200% when he had first got it.

Hopefully I get to like level 24 by tomorrow

I don't understand. One of the challenges is NHL 12 "wow us with a great play" and the only option is to paste image. How the fuck is an image supposed to show a "wow" play lol. Do they mean to paste a link to a video of the play?

so my cousin wants to join, does anyone know the current answers to register?

or can someone help me with how to find the answers again? i know the first one you call... and the blue one you have to look in all the pictures... but the green one and the yellow one i never figured out and just got the answer from others

krae_man

so my cousin wants to join, does anyone know the current answers to register?

or can someone help me with how to find the answers again? i know the first one you call... and the blue one you have to look in all the pictures... but the green one and the yellow one i never figured out and just got the answer from others

They are still in the first page of the thread.

red: human
yellow: antipode
blue: conduit
green: molyneux

They are still in the first page of the thread.

red: human
yellow: antipode
blue: conduit
green: molyneux

he's saying they aren't working... not even "human" :S... i dunno i'll figure it out later i guess, maybe he's doing something wrong

edit: yeah they've changed them... none of them are working

whitehawk

Banned
I was under the impression they changed every once in a while. The clues aren't too hard to get. I got 3 of them, had to resort to the internet for 1 of em.

only got up to level 21 with 5 challenges down in total... i dunno how some people are saying they're like 25+ lol i feel pretty accomplished but to be that high would be really effing difficult.

edit: looking through the list and seeing people level 30+ with 25 challenges completed is like... wow... insane

Takao

Banned
So tempted to try this one still.. How long did it take you?

I finished the tiny tower and monkey island challenges this week as well, and me and my cousin beat donkey kong to 200% when he had first got it.

Hopefully I get to like level 24 by tomorrow

I was at like 800 before I started, so it took hours...

krae_man

only got up to level 21 with 5 challenges down in total... i dunno how some people are saying they're like 25+ lol i feel pretty accomplished but to be that high would be really effing difficult.

edit: looking through the list and seeing people level 30+ with 25 challenges completed is like... wow... insane

I'm level 24 with 6 challenges complete.

Edit: The AI also says there will be two tiers for the Free game perk. One for the people who just get high enough level, and a second higher one so the dedicated players don't lose out. On top of that, there will be a second free game perk coming in a few months but you can only win a free game once per year.

Edit 2: Wow I need 1500 XP to get to level 25. It's getting tougher.

for tiny tower, how do I submit the url for my tower?

i took a screencap, grabbed it off my phone and uploaded it onto an img hosting site then sent them the link for the pic

edit:

I'm level 24 with 6 challenges complete.

Edit: The AI also says there will be two tiers for the Free game perk. One for the people who just get high enough level, and a second higher one so the dedicated players don't lose out. On top of that, there will be a second free game perk coming in a few months but you can only win a free game once per year.

Edit 2: Wow I need 1500 XP to get to level 25. It's getting tougher.

wow, you must've rocked the tests lol, also that's good news that they're really trying to give ALL dedicated members a free game :)

sucks that today the 3DS perk is going up today at 4PM PST... definitely gonna be some more competition... i hope i get one :(

I'm close to reaching level 20. I wonder what the second tier will be.

Pondering the use of a demo copy of NHL 12 for that perk.

So I got the Wii Sports challenge and have been trying to submit the photo I took. I used both Imgur and Imageshack (as the website suggests) but after I submit it I get an 'image link is broken' or whatever message saying they can't verify the photo. What have you guys done to submit photos?

Top Bottom