• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

timnich

Woo..2nd! Definitely using my brother for any future perks haha.

Also, it seems that 2 people on the list need further verification. If they don't, the coupons go to 21st and 22nd places.

whitehawk

Banned
Didn't think so many people wanted to get a 3DS, I'll see if I can get someone on here a code tomorrow.
I probably wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't for this coupon. I can't pass it up at $99. That's $40 cheaper than a used 3DS. Even if I decide to sell it later, I'll probably break even.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Gio_Free_Game.JPG

Vamphuntr

Meh :(
I'm not good at being in the top 20.

I'm more excited about the free game. Especially since there will be a split according to the forum. Some of the days will have higher requirement than the others to be fair to everyone.

I probably wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't for this coupon. I can't pass it up at $99. That's $40 cheaper than a used 3DS. Even if I decide to sell it later, I'll probably break even.

This is part of the reason why everyone wants one. You could probably sell a BNIB 3DS for $140 or so, which nets you about a $25 profit. Plus it doesn't cost anything; if say you had to use up a life or drop a level, there would be fewer people going for it.

whitehawk

Banned
This is part of the reason why everyone wants one. You could probably sell a BNIB 3DS for $140 or so, which nets you about a $25 profit. Plus it doesn't cost anything; if say you had to use up a life or drop a level, there would be fewer people going for it.
I'm not going to sell it however. But knowing that I could and still break even makes me realize how good of a deal this is.

I was going to get a 3DS when Luigi's Mansion 2 or Smash Bros. came out anyway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mine keeps giving me the challenge complete for Cut The Rope over and over again, it gave me the xp but the message won't go away. Submitted my Tiny Tower yesterday but I haven't received an xp reward for that as of yet.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Mine keeps giving me the challenge complete for Cut The Rope over and over again, it gave me the xp but the message won't go away. Submitted my Tiny Tower yesterday but I haven't received an xp reward for that as of yet.

Sometimes it can take over a day for them to process it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It keeps showing the last challenge you've completed until you complete another one then it'll do the same with the new one.

Divvy

They're planning on having enough for everyone who is at that level so I don't think you need to worry about it too much.

They expect to have enough free games for everyone at level 18 with one challenge and 3 dailies? score, I should be good

Ah crap I won't be around after 5:30 EST the 6th-8th lol, hope they do some afternoon ones

They expect to have enough free games for everyone at level 18 with one challenge and 3 dailies? score, I should be good
for some reason I don't believe this. It says there are 250 codes to give out. Maybe I've overestimating but there has got to be plenty more than that at level 18 with a challenge and 3 dailies done.

edit: ANOTHER wrestling reference on the resting period page, future endeavors. The person running the site and making the trivia is definitely a wrasslin fan.

krae_man

Not anymore.

There are about 300 people who qualify currently and I'm sure several more will get there By the time the perk goes live.

Looks like I'll be bailing out of this after the free game perk. Way too many people using the site now.

Also, it seems like some of the challenges are too easy to abuse.

Divvy

Looks like I'll be bailing out of this after the free game perk. Way too many people using the site now.

Really? Which? They all seem fairly difficult except for the mobile ones.

centracore

THURSDAY WINNERS

1. divzy
2. mrhealthy
3. DRNKOlvaltine
4. Miguel Sanchez
5. kzboi
6. DanielChiang
7. Mattiator
8. presco
9. ray416
10. bbbbbatman
11. Gloveless
12. xCobalt
13. EnemyDeadPixel
14. nemasu
15. stevie88
16. BigJonsson28
17. Ironarrow
18. momo
19. ghostworld
20. molarmass

ugh... i can't believe i may never get a code :( totally sucks.. i've been trying all week, if anyone has a code to spare i'd be forever greatfullll!!!

i think my internet here is just too slow for these perks

TheExodu5

Banned
How hard is it to get a gold rank in SC2?

EDIT: did some Googling, looks like you need a ton of wins.

You don't need a "ton of wins". You just need to be good enough. I went 4 and 1 during my placement matches and got Platinum.

That being said, if you're pretty new to the game, you won't make Gold. Gold is generally players that have a decent grasp on the macro side of the game. If you can keep making workers and keep your money low always, you'll probably make Gold. If you don't make Gold right away through placement, it might take quite a few matches to get bumped up from Silver.

whitehawk

Banned

Yeah, I knew this was going to happen. But I've already saved $70 on a 3DS so it's been worth my time. Plus I'll probably get a free game soon. But I have a feeling that after this the perks will get less and less awesome. I wish I had of known about this when they had the PSTV for $99.

Top Bottom