• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 |OT2| It's Just A Change, Not An End

Big One

Banned
Hrm if Naido = Diana as the main theory suggests, what if the American Girl from episode 3 is actually Audrey? Audrey and Diane said some very similar things about not feeling like "themselves" and Diane turned out to be a tulpa. Of course the girl is played by the same actress as Ronette from the original series, but there might be some meta level twist where Audrey was a tulpa of Ronette all along or something like that. Tulpas have been shown to be able to co-exist with their original bodies as seen with Dougie and Mr. C.

Cikay

Just finished my second viewing of Fire Walk With Me and the final scene has once again wrecked me. All of the stars aligned for that one because it couldn't be more perfect. From the performances, the makeup, Dale Cooper providing his hand on Laura's shoulder for comfort, the angel, the composition of the scene, Angelo providing The Voice of Love, it's just incredible.

It's my favorite movie from David Lynch, I'm left in shock after each viewing.
The performances of Sheryl Lee and Ray Wise are probably the most intense I've ever seen in a movie.

Slaythe

I mean, as far as we know, the tulpas look like the real selves. Outside of the hair.

Everyone thought Fake Diane was Diane so that leaves no doubt.

I guess it's interesting to note that Audrey did have different hair.

I believe Diane's spirit or original self might be within Naido, but they certainly weren't one and the same IMO.

traveler

Not Wario
I mean, as far as we know, the tulpas look like the real selves. Outside of the hair.

Everyone thought Fake Diane was Diane so that leaves no doubt.

I guess it's interesting to note that Audrey did have different hair.

I believe Diane's spirit or original self might be within Naido, but they certainly weren't one and the same IMO.

Yeah, that's where I'm at too.

Also, when did Tulpa Diane begin to... exist in the world? Was the real Diane raped and taken into the Lodge and the Tulpa Diane created with real Diane's memory? Was the Tulpa Diane created and raped afterwards? Was Diane always a tulpa? I'm confused on the timeline of this- Cooper's doppelganger's presence in our world has a fairly clear cut explanation by comparison.

Slaythe

Yeah, that's where I'm at too.

Also, when did Tulpa Diane begin to... exist in the world? Was the real Diane raped and taken into the Lodge and the Tulpa Diane created with real Diane's memory? Was the Tulpa Diane created and raped afterwards? Was Diane always a tulpa? I'm confused on the timeline of this- Cooper's doppelganger's presence in our world has a fairly clear cut explanation by comparison.

Diane was raped then taken to the room above the convenience store. Her Tulpa was made there I believe.

The real Diane's fate is unknown, and I assume that's why she is connected to Naido now. Whatever happened to her.

Dougie seems like he wasn't a Mr C double, but remember Dougie had an accident. And people expected a weird behavior from him (to the point of not being alarmed at seeing our Dougie's behavior).

So it's possible the original Dougie had suffered memory loss, potentially caused by Mr C himself to avoid having another "Cooper" trying to steal his spot.

We did see Dougie was kind of rotten, when he turned back into a seed, he had a lot more darkness, and remember he did vomit some garmonbozia. The debts and cheating was part of that I assume.

But without memory I guess he wasn't THAT bad.

g11

Hmm, did Cooper leave the owl ring under the pillow in the hospital room? He put it there as Janey-E and Sonny Jim came into the room and there's never a shot of him retrieving it. Not to mention, Cooper has been known to forget big things in the heat of the moment (Audrey's letter to him that slipped under the bed after he got shot).

Slaythe

Hmm, did Cooper leave the owl ring under the pillow in the hospital room? He put it there as Janey-E and Sonny Jim came into the room and there's never a shot of him retrieving it. Not to mention, Cooper has been known to forget big things in the heat of the moment (Audrey's letter to him that slipped under the bed after he got shot).

He had time to dress and write a letter to Gordon off screen, I'm sure he's fine.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Unrelated, but the girl from Chromatics posted this photo a couple of days back, and since we were talking about them a while back, here it is. So good.

21083264_1657301767614666_5990989569478310504_o.jpg

Weight too. Janie and his doctor commented on how much weight Dougie had suddenly lost and his clothes didn't fit. Although he probably was coop's size when he was manufactured and then just gained it over the years.

Slaythe

Can't believe there's only two hours left. Kind of hoping Lynch ends on an epic cliffhanger.

":O

I almost forgot...

By the way, how's Annie ?"

Starring Kyle MacLachlan

I mean it's obvious at this point they're setting up Annie to be some major trolling device.

soundtest

Banned
yeah, Donna's absence seems especially out of place given the efforts by Frost + Lynch to bring back just about every living main character and sub character from the first run as well as bringing back characters whose actors were either dying or actually dead.

I mean how many times have we heard that Harry Truman is sick during this season?

Weight too. Janie and his doctor commented on how much weight Dougie had suddenly lost and his clothes didn't fit. Although he probably was coop's size when he was manufactured and then just gained it over the years.

Presumably Dougie just gained weight in the years since he was created.

I just picked up Windswept today. Holy shit.

Angelo:Twin Peaks::Johnny Jewel:Twin Peaks The Return

i luv it

Yeah. While it's a shame we didn't get a ton of new Badalmenti material (what we got was top tier of course) the soundscapes and Windswept stuff are both great in their own right, and help give the new show a modern feel.

orava

Coop wanted another clone so that Dougie can live? I love that the well being of the family was the first thing he cared about.

Solo

Going as Cooper for Halloween is one of those costumes that only works if you look like Kyle Maclachlan. If you don't, then your costume is "man in suit".

orava

Going as Cooper for Halloween is one of those costumes that only works if you look like Kyle Maclachlan. If you don't, then your costume is "man in suit".

You need to have a coffee cup with you at all times. And give thumbs up to everyone. Also, leave messages to Diane.

Maybe Jayney-E is Diane's doppelganger or another Tulpa.

After Diane's run in with DoppelCoop maybe she wanted to leave the FBI/Blue Rose/Lodge shit behind her and try out acting in Hollywood or something.

traveler

Not Wario
A woodsman is pretty obvious, but, uh, potentially problematic as well for what I hope are equally obvious reasons lol

Go as Jerry, complete with backwards binoculars and a debooted foot that you keep following around.

I'm talking about the stuff David and Dean Hurley have been working on. You can listen to a lot of it here:

https://deanhurley.bandcamp.com/album/anthology-resource-vol-1?mc_cid=dd1f4af917&mc_eid=f22a256fc8

I'd rather buy this as a physical record than the soundtrack with the Roadhouse bands (I just haven't cared for those songs except for Shadow). Also I already ordered the Windswept CD by Johnny Jewel as well, and am probably going to get the Limited Event Series Soundtrack on vinyl :)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Presumably Dougie just gained weight in the years since he was created.

Yep. Correct me if I'm remembering wrong, but Dougie was visibly fatter before Cooper possessed the vessel in episode 3, which presumably "reset" his physique.

PolishQ

Yep. Correct me if I'm remembering wrong, but Dougie was visibly fatter before Cooper possessed the vessel in episode 3, which presumably "reset" his physique.

Cooper didn't possess the vessel. Dougie's body was pulled into the Red Room, where it was destroyed, and then Cooper emerged from the outlet. It's not like they share a body. They're two separate people.

Is Naido spelt for certain with an O at the end ?

If it's spelt Naida, that's an anagram for Diana !

Sure, except her name is Diane.

You need to have a coffee cup with you at all times. And give thumbs up to everyone. Also, leave messages to Diane.

Exactly. It's totally possible to pull off Cooper without looking like Kyle.

Say "damned fine..." a lot, carry coffee, have an audio recorder, and ramble about Tibet and dreams often.

Top Bottom