• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

The Safari Zone lets you in if you're broke.

The problem with this is that you only get one ball. They WILL walk into grass and encounter a pokemon and they WILL accidentally use the ball. When you run out of balls the safari zone ends and you have to start over. There is a 0% chance they will make it that way.

That's badass.
Hell yeah it is!

Is that an arm or a leg?
Forearm!

Since we're on the topic, another friend (who became a lifelong pal way back in Kindergarten when he came over and helped me with Yoshi's Island on the SNES) got this tattoo back in 2012:

558515_10151034681536728_1760246332_n.jpg

He also does these really freaking cool art projects where he makes pictures of pokemon out of pokemon cards:

Another friend is going to get a Blastoise tattoo, and I'm thinking of getting a Charizard one. It would represent the friendship between the four of us more than anything else, because we all vividly remember bonding over the gen I days!

linko9

Does anyone know for sure? If we wipe, where will we go back to? I'm pretty sure we used the Pokemon center in the city, but some people don't seem to think so...

Oli

Is this thing constantly a battle of hundreds of people or has there been a time of day when a few people have cooperated to get stuff done?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I guess we'll be going back to Lavender, then...

Blizzard

Banned
It seems they're now going for the suicide way. Maybe is for the best :p

Edit: According to chat, yes, they healed already at Celadon Pokecenter
Losing money is bad, but if they did already heal at this pokecenter then I guess suicide is not that bad of an option.

However, do the trees respawn inside the gym? If so it would be the same number of tree cuts if I'm not miscounting, or even fewer, if they go to heal.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Losing money is bad, but if they did already heal at this pokecenter then I guess suicide is not that bad of an option.

However, do the trees respawn inside the gym? If so it would be the same number of tree cuts if I'm not miscounting, or even fewer, if they go to heal.

Trees respawn when you leave the area.

Box

The problem with this is that you only get one ball. They WILL walk into grass and encounter a pokemon and they WILL accidentally use the ball. When you run out of balls the safari zone ends and you have to start over. There is a 0% chance they will make it that way.

The Safari Zone is impossible anyway without a level of coordination much higher than anything we've seen so far.

Blizzard

Banned
Trees respawn when you leave the area.
Ah. So not only does going to suicide require the same or MORE tree cuts than other options, but there is a very good chance people are trolling and the game has not healed in Celadon yet.

In other words, the logical and safe choice is going to heal, which means people will fight against it.

Just had a thought, as the game is essentially completely turn based since there are no in between states, would it be possible for the input system that goes from chat to the emulator to take all the commands it receives in the window of time that passes as the game moves from one state to the other and calculate the average input it registers then only send that command to the game,

Mory Dunz

Just had a thought, as the game is essentially completely turn based since there are no in between states, would it be possible for the input system that goes from chat to the emulator to take all the commands it receives in the window of time that passes as the game moves from one state to the other and calculate the average input it registers then only send that command to the game,

Yeah, people have mentioned that.

Imtey

Banned
I think the streamer took over, I imagine the same thing will happen for Charizard.

looking back at the thread, it looks like input lag? so im guessing they walked into the grass and found a random pokemon and they didnt have time to press b?

@kawaii, you need to do it in a certain amount of steps, 500 i think

Gardex

Ah. So not only does going to suicide require the same or MORE tree cuts than other options, but there is a very good chance people are trolling and the game has not healed in Celadon yet.

In other words, the logical and safe choice is going to heal, which means people will fight against it.
There are two other trainers in the gym that you dont have to cut your way to

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Streamer didn't take over, stream just crashed.

Imtey

Banned
Because someone would manually or with a script be spamming B, possibly from multiple accounts, preventing anything from evolving.

Yeah thats what i assumes but i guess no one was fast enough to press b if they suddenyl walked into a random pokemon

Stulaw

What's the problem with safari zone again? What's the goal there? Getting to a HM right?

Surf, it's needed to complete the game, getting to Seafoam and Cinnabar Island, and yeah, it's impossible unless a miracle happens.

Also, it's been nearly 3 hours since arriving in Celadon.

FyreWulff

It's possible to do, the streamer has to want to do it.

Top Bottom