• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Just had a thought, as the game is essentially completely turn based since there are no in between states, would it be possible for the input system that goes from chat to the emulator to take all the commands it receives in the window of time that passes as the game moves from one state to the other and calculate the average input it registers then only send that command to the game,

That's almost how it works anyway; The more "left" inputs that there are, the more chance that'll be the "active" command when the emulator looks for the next command. The main difference is that this does allow for the possibility that a non-average input will be entered.

There's actually a proposed electoral system kinda similar to this, where each constituency votes and then a random vote is pulled out of the box of votes. Obviously the more votes one candidate gets, the more chance that their vote will be pulled out. This means that you get most of the benefits of FPTP, but also - across the country - you should end up with a roughly proportional system, with even minor parties statistically likely to get roughly the same percentage of seats as they do votes. It's amazing but obviously would never be implemented anywhere.

The Hermit

jesus this is crazy. There's no way they beat this

I imagine it would be actually easier in the newer Pokemon since everyone on the party level up.

Wh0 N0se

You'd think that Oak would stop telling us that this isn't the right time to check the Helix by now, wouldn't you?

Hail the Helix!

3Sixty

Didn't see the tree cut first time.

Am i right in remembering in Gen1 you have to physically go into the Pokemon select screen and choose cut?

Nishastra

Banned
NtSUDy6.jpg

Articalys

I kind of wonder -- what percent of the viewers are actually trying to facilitate progress, what percent are just posting random things to mess stuff up, and what percent are trying to troll with commands that actively go against the current goal?

Top Bottom