• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Cyrano

Hopefully with some other games, cool concept.
What would be more interesting would be the stuff they did at AGDQ, where one of the streamers controlled the directional buttons and another streamer controlled the buttons.

In this case, the streamer would control one set of buttons (D-Pad or buttons) and the chat would control the other set. Would be super hilarious.

JackHerer

They almost set the battle style to set :eek:

How every pokemon game should be played :)

This is amazing I got into the stream as they were battling Misty. I really hope the internet can beat the elite 4.

It's possible they could discover some really odd glitches that have never been found before because of how random the inputs are.

What would be more interesting would be the stuff they did at AGDQ, where one of the streamers controlled the directional buttons and another streamer controlled the buttons.

In this case, the streamer would control one set of buttons (D-Pad or buttons) and the chat would control the other set. Would be super hilarious.

that sounds awesome.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Good thing they get away from these Ratatas safely.

If all else fails, we can also still blow them away with whirlwind. Failsafe.

Why are we trying to grind in the grass, when we can ran away and staryu gives more experience!

Although Staryu was giving 400 exp on a successful kill, the amount of time it took just to get to that point countered any benefit of a high exp kill. Fighting ratattas and spearows for 60k+ exp per kill will ultimately lead to higher exp over time.

ElFly

Although Staryu was giving 400 exp on a successful kill, the amount of time it took just to get to that point countered any benefit of a high exp kill. Fighting ratattas and spearows for 60k+ exp per kill will ultimately lead to higher exp over time.

This sounds like a good plan except for the part where Staryu cannot be blown away or run from.

Yup, I actually gasped when it happened. This run is magical, I'd love more of these but I don't know what other games this would work well with.

Not only is the pace/style of the game perfect for this but also people's familiarity with it; We know what it means to throw away a moon stone etc. There aren't too many other games with that much cultural awareness.

FyreWulff

Red walking around like when you gotta borrow the gameboy from your 6 year old cousin and the dpad is encrusted with slobber

Pat

I laughed my ass of when they switched for the Rattata and used infinite Tail Whip vs Starmie. Almost cried in fact.

A fighting game with this concept would be quite funny.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I didnt watch for a minute and they got back to Misty? How the hell did they do that this quickly.

Wonder how the sampling works; do they just take whatever input is at the top when the next active frame occurs? Think they could cut down on a lot of randomness by taking the mode of active inputs over some window.

WHY THE SWITCHING

actually they could be pretty useful.
but yeah, using them for grinding like they did a while ago isn't very helpful.

another crit by Starmie, GG fuck this.

But they didn't even work in trainer battles, which is their only use.

Also, they're STILL faster than Ash.

That was the fastest Staryu kill I've seen them do yet. The amount of damage Starmie took in one Gust, though, is a heartbreaker. Theres a long road to go before they have a shot at killing Starmie. He's doing 20 HP per attack with the Water Gun, and that doesnt take the ungodly crits into account :(

Finalow

That was the fastest Staryu kill I've seen them do yet. The amount of damage Starmie took in one Gust, though, is a heartbreaker. Theres a long road to go before they have a shot at killing Starmie. He's doing 20 HP per attack with the Water Gun, and that doesnt take the ungodly crits into account :(
tumblr_lllf1msDHX1qd87hlo1_500.gif

level44

It will be cool waking up tomorrow morning and seeing the progress.

Or they'll still be in the same position fighting Misty.

daydream

Banned
They should have kept grinding on Route 3, I tell you. Help control that Spearow overpopulation.

Pidgeotto ain't gonna cut it against Misty.

Top Bottom