• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

YVLiTUXl.jpg

Zabant

Some kid who's mad his imaginary GF didn't give him a valentines card has completely taken over with bots.

Totally pointless now, a shame, was fun when it was a "will of the crowd" sort of thing.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
if bots are ruining the experience it may be best for the streamer to turn on the option that restricts users without an email address

Someone tell him to do this.

Bouniter

Was giving a little thought to where they may eventually just get totally stuck. If they ever make it as far as the safari zone I honestly cannot see them even getting close to the golden teeth and thus strength the limited amount of steps is gonna cripple them.

ferr

it's fun to watch for about 2 minutes before realizing 99% of what you're going to see is the character being stuck on a wall.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Was giving a little thought to where they may eventually just get totally stuck. If they ever make it as far as the safari zone I honestly cannot see them even getting close to the golden teeth and thus strength the limited amount of steps is gonna cripple them.

If they are REALLY stuck, numbers will drop until they are down to a number that might be able to pull it off.

CassSept

9sUK1ck.gif

They won't be able to get surf either.

I can see trouble when they will get to Snorlax too. There's no way they will coordinate enough to use Pokemon Flute.

Zabant

rolling boulder puzzles, rocket basement puzzle and invisible wall puzzle.

Near impossible, especially when you consider we have been stuck in a normal city for 5 hours.

Cyrano

If they are REALLY stuck, numbers will drop until they are down to a number that might be able to pull it off.
This largely depends on there not being a bunch of bots just camping in the chat. I think the idea of restricting it to users with an email address would be helpful.

Toma

Near impossible, especially when you consider we have been stuck in a normal city for 5 hours.

Given an unlimited amount of time and NO bots, they'll make it eventually.

Cyrano

i think its already restricted to people with emails
Yeah the chat's got a lot less spam in it now. Good on the streamer.

Also, it is amazing how excited everyone in the chat got just from being able to enter the battle with Misty again.

Toma

Finally back to Misty, we missed you Misty! <3

I typed up twice and it showed a message which I think said I need to wait a set amount of time before I can submit another input. No idea if it'd been doing that before hand.

Toma

This really isn't going to go anywhere with this many people

We are at the second gym leader, these guys can do anything :p

I typed up twice and it showed a message which I think said I need to wait a set amount of time before I can submit another input. No idea if it'd been doing that before hand.

Ah very good, that takes care of some bot issues.

DedValve

Banned
I enter the stream and see the bots type my name over and over again then proceeded to leave.

Nice concept but that chat got creepy.

Toma

Fucking Whirlwind. Oh well, next try.

I think we could win with sume luck and if pidgeotto keeps using gust. Woops spoke too soon

Still not level 24.

happy-hulk.gif

This is amazing. I wonder how it works.

A program is reading twitch chat, it looks for specific "words" (abstartselectupdownleftright). If it finds the word, it sends a command to the emulator and displays the chat log and name for the command. If it's not one of the listed words, the text is ignored.

Bouniter

The Rocket hideout is gonna be really tough for them to get through granted the rolling boulders challenge comes after the safari zone so... but even then I still don't see either of them being as difficult as actually getting the strength TM and the invisible walls wouldn't make any difference at all.

Cyrano

A program is reading twitch chat, it looks for specific "words" (abstartselectupdownleftright). If it finds the word, it sends a command to the emulator and displays the chat log and name for the command. If it's not one of the listed words, the text is ignored.
Yep. Simple, but brilliant.

I suspect we'll be seeing copycats soon enough.

The viewer/player count won't stop rising, but I don't know how this could possibly get worse than it already is.

LOL most of the viewers decided to grind.

Top Bottom