• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So in terms of a 'GAF Plays', which game are we voting on? I think we should stick to Pokemon for simplicity's sake. Maybe Crystal? It doesn't have the same capacity for 'obvious game-overs' that Gen 1 does.

Crystal sounds great. How would we make it just GAF members though?

JulianImp

So in terms of a 'GAF Plays', which game are we voting on? I think we should stick to Pokemon for simplicity's sake. Maybe Crystal? It doesn't have the same capacity for 'obvious game-overs' that Gen 1 does.

I'd be fine with us doing Crystal, too. However, does Twitch have a way to make sure only GAFfers get in there? I don't care if some of us do random commands against what most of the people want to do, but getting thousands of users would probably doom the run.

DaBoss

I wake up to this news. Usually when I sleep and wake up, they make amazing progress, but when I wake up now, all I see is disappointment.

Eevee was the BEST idea ever.....................
I'd be fine with us doing Crystal, too. However, does Twitch have a way to make sure only GAFfers get in there? I don't care if some of us do random commands against what most of the people want to do, but getting thousands of users would probably doom the run.
We would have to make GAFfers mods I think.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

We wont get thousands of users. All the other pokemon streams have 500 at most.

akileese

Red entertained me more throughout the weekend but at this point, I think I'm enjoying Blue a lot more since it's actually having the intended effect.

DLaicH

Maybe we could connect the emulator input to a private IRC chat or something.

Do get a surf pokemon, we have to visit the pc again

I'm officially choosing cry mode

Actually wait

I shall help the effort towards retribution. We still have BirdJesus Pidgegod, and we still have Helix. We can to this.

Oh, and can someone make another bible reference thing about the Pidgegod rising from the grave and ascending towards the helix's throne to come once again to save us all

Revven

A GAFplays would only work if the bot took inputs from mods only, so you wouldn't have random people coming in to try and mess things up. Since Twitch got rid of private streams, that's not an option unfortunately.

A GAFplays would only work if the bot took inputs from mods only, so you wouldn't have random people coming in to try and mess things up. Since Twitch got rid of private streams, that's not an option unfortunately.
You could do a facade. Have the comments open but actually receive commands from a password protected IRC channel.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Wasnt there a pokemon game that requires you to hold the directional button (to get up to speed) down to "climb" certain paths with the bike?

That would be impossibly with this setup.

Which games were that?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

A HA HA HA! You need to hang out with the mods more if you think they'd be more responsible than the rest of us. You'd be handing them an easy ticket to "I'm depositing all the Pokémon and there's nothing you can do about it" land.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Wasnt there a pokemon game that requires you to hold the directional button (to get up to speed) down to "climb" certain paths with the bike?

Which games were that?

DPP.

Did RSE have those slopes too? I'm not sure.

Which games were that?

RSE, I don't think it was ever necessary but I could be wrong. They're definitely impossible though.

DLaicH

If we really want to limit the input, we could have the emulator read all the commands from a dedicated GAF thread. That would probably kill the GAF servers though. However, it would allow the mods to ban anyone who says "down" when next to a ledge.

Mistel

Banned

Which games were that?
The Hoenn one ruby, sapphire and emerald. You would just need to spam the up button.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Which games were that?

Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald with the Mach Bike - and yes, it'd be impossible without intervention.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The Hoenn one ruby, sapphire and emerald. You would just need to spam the up button.

Spamming wouldnt help, holding down the button or pressing it again is a different input.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
A HA HA HA! You need to hang out with the mods more if you think they'd be more responsible than the rest of us. You'd be handing them an easy ticket to "I'm depositing all the Pokémon and there's nothing you can do about it" land.

I think he means twitch mods, not GAF mods.

BlueMagic

Could be done with a previous 'registration'. The software that reads the input would filter input from other people.

Still though, I think we should wait till this ends.

I think he means twitch mods, not GAF mods.

It should be possible to make every GAF member a twitch mod for the channel, and putting the chat in sub mode to block other inputs. Only this would make it possible for all GAF members to set the chat to non sub mode

Top Bottom