• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

LordGouda

image.php

A wolf in sheep's clothing!

He knows that his own kind are not to be trusted.

Wiz

You have to do the GBC version sadly, because for the NES and SNES versions, when you save the game and quit, the game just hangs there and waits for you to restart.

Even then, you can easily exit the game, start up a new save, overwrite the old one. Heck, if you want to do DQ1&2, you can easily end up changing games.

Maybe there will have to be more use of save states in that case.

Ironjam

Any guesses when twitch will decide to go grinding? They will be in deep shit soon when their only decent pokemon is pidgeot and flareon somewhat. Im still waiting for drowzee to lvl tbh, it has the most potential, since psychics are broken in gen1.

Tiamant

I've been playing X/Y extremely hardcore since launch but this stream has put an halt into my poke career. This is the stuff of the legends, truly a masterpiece of modern times, keep it up people.

Serious question now, who came first, Helix or Arceus?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I've been playing X/Y extremely hardcore since launch but this stream has put an halt into my poke career. This is the stuff of the legends, truly a masterpiece of modern times, keep it up people.

Serious question now, who came first, Helix or Arceus?

I...what is this gibberish?

Sianos

So did they ever get to the daycare? Or did they just give up?

Given up... for now.

Space will have to be made at one point, and using the PC again before we reach Cinnabar is too risky. Best plan is to make it to daycare before tackling Silph and getting Lapras with the free slot.

Any guesses when twitch will decide to go grinding? They will be in deep shit soon when their only decent pokemon is pidgeot and flareon somewhat. Im still waiting for drowzee to lvl tbh, it has the most potential, since psychics are broken in gen1.

Probably after Lapras and before Pokemon Tower.

PBalfredo

She was holding us back from the beginning... That tiny baby pidgey we found was always the chosen one. Abby was a distraction... a false prophet. She pretended she was good by wearing the guise of a great pokemon... but the greatest achievements were always that Pidgey's doing... Look how he has grown!

Abby only existed as a means to distract us, to trick those who judged solely on looks. I do worry a bit though about this Eevee... his appearance was too convenient, the fact that he's taken on the robes of Abby is a bad sign.

Look at how quick the followers of Helix will turn on their own! Abby was our starter! She was loyal and enduring. But instead you would tarnish her name, and for what? A knight in hollow armor which is Pidgeot. Pidgeot has already peaked. He has no more moves to learn. He cannot lead us through the land of wind and ghosts.

One day the strength of Pidgeot will falter.

When we reach Cinnabar, Helix Fossil WILL be revived.

It's amusing how Eevee taking up the slot of a surfing Pokemon and delaying progress can be interpreted in terms of the narrative as trying to prevent the revival of the Helix Fossil by preventing access to Cinnabar.

And considering this IS the 151 romhack, there probably is a way to obtain the Dome Fossil/Kabuto as well.

Reviving the fossil means digging into the PC again. That is the path of destruction. The mindless followers of Helix will doom us all.

cdkee

Banned
Given up... for now.

Space will have to be made at one point, and using the PC again before we reach Cinnabar is too risky. Best plan is to make it to daycare before tackling Silph and getting Lapras with the free slot.

Probably after Lapras and before Pokemon Tower.

So they gave up and it cost us ABBBBBK( and Jay Leno? Monsters.

Ricky 7

They should have tried to reset the game after they released the Charmeleon by pressing a,b, Start, Select together. That way the streamer would have been forced to reload from a saved state.

Grizzo

Having now watched this off-and-on for about a half hour, I refuse to believe that anything has been accomplished thus far.

Things were (a little bit) easier when there were only 9000 to 20 000 people in the chat. Now we're 76 000+, and things aren't going as well, haha.

Look at how quick the followers of Helix will turn on their own! Abby was our starter! She was loyal and enduring. But instead you would tarnish her name, and for what? A knight in hollow armor which is Pidgeot. Pidgeot has already peaked. He has no more moves to learn. He cannot lead us through the land of wind and ghosts.

One day the strength of Pidgeot will falter.

Loyal? Loyal!? She was the only pokemon alive when the Nugget was thrown away! I don't think that's very loyal. As for having peaked you shut your mouth! Pidgeot is the only reason we've made it this far.

Reviving the fossil means digging into the PC again. That is the path of destruction. The mindless followers of Helix will doom us all.

I fear this is one subject I agree with you on... Helix is strong, but the zealots who wish to revive him are fools... Not only do we risk what we have, but we risk losing Helix himself upon his rebirth... the risk is far too great, the rewards far too small.

Sianos

I didn't say it was a safe idea, but chat will make sure it happens, just like how we ended up picking up Eevee,

Plus, I like Helix Fossil more as a fossil, a guiding figure. I'd personally save the ressurection for a post Elite-4 endgame goal.

Top Bottom