• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
WTF happened overnight

they threw out their fire starter
they threw out Jay Leno
they threw out another moonstone
no pokedolls so now need to get silph scope
they have a false prophet flareon now
they're in team rocket's hq all hope is lost

they put the true god helix fossil in the pc?!

red stop

ec0ec0

OMG BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DIEING OVER HERE !!!!!! OMG X:D:D:D:D:D:D

4KnTQ8y.jpg

but... but this means that theres NO hope!? i cant believe that.

They are both worthless. I warned against getting Eevee. Now Blastoise, there is a pokemon that can hit ghosts.

Who are you? What are you? First you claim that Abby was the true prophet, and now you tout our rival's starter as a superior choice!

How can you be trusted!?

Until the numbers die down during late night, I don't see much progress being made. The troll ration or just general noise seems to high for this area. But what the fuck do I know, keep at those typewriters mankeys!

Sianos

Praise be to Lapras, whose Silph Scope will pierce the darkness and reveal the ghosts of the past... we will ride her wave to the chosen island of Cinnabar and surf across the world.

Lapras will be the yin to Pidgeot's yang.

Until the numbers die down during late night, I don't see much progress being made. The troll ration or just general noise seems to high for this area. But what the fuck do I know, keep at those typewriters mankeys!

Fun fact: People have been saying "we won't make any progress til the numbers die down" since about 5k viewers. Since then we've beaten 3 more gyms and are now sitting at 78k. The amount of players surprisingly makes very little difference because of the lack of inputs the actual game can accept...

Praise be to Lapras, whose Silph Scope will pierce the darkness and reveal the ghosts of the past... we will ride her wave to the chosen island of Cinnabar, wherein the trolls will release her, Pidgeot and Omanyte, and leave us with no money to buy any Pokeballs with.

fixed

kiguel182

Pidgeot cant even hit ghosts!

How can I feel safe knowing ghosts could come and assault me or steal my PC at any moment?

Pigeot is wise and will lead us to Lapras that can achieve that goal. He never said victory needs to be accomplished alone.

You've lost sight of what's important and Flareon is to blame. Not even the Helix stone can save you now.

the escape rope ah man.

Did they beat the 4th gym?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...7yF8FGtnVmdbPnIwG8FnQ4/preview?pli=1&sle=true

The only official newspaper of the TPP Times.

Pigeot is wise and will lead us to Lapras that can achieve that goal. He never said victory needs to be accomplished alone.

You've lost sight of what's important and Flareon is to blame. Not even the Helix stone can save you now.

Praise to his Glorious Swirling Shell.

Fun fact: People have been saying "we won't make any progress til the numbers die down" since about 5k viewers. Since then we've beaten 3 more gyms and are now sitting at 78k. The amount of players surprisingly makes very little difference because of the lack of inputs the actual game can accept...

Just seems progress, even accounting for the the scale in viewers tends to happen late night early morning EST. Could be a coincidence.

Zacxx201

Banned
Fun fact: The stadium used for the Super Bowl could not hold all of the people playing TPP.

Hey that is a fun fact!

I have a feeling that this Stream is going to get national attention (Morning shows, Talk shows, etc) in a day or two. Depends on if it's a slow news week or not.

Kirye

I haven't played Gen 1 in a long time, but wasn't the Safari zone limited in steps? XD I'm pretty sure that's where this'll stop.

Still impressive that they made it this far though.

Ferrio

Banned

When it comes down to it, it's all pretty much random chance that's weighted toward a rough area of what we want to do.

Blizzard

Banned
I haven't played Gen 1 in a long time, but wasn't the Safari zone limited in steps? XD I'm pretty sure that's where this'll stop.

Supposedly the streamer said they would use a hack in the ROM to give unlimited steps. Maybe they will also use a hack to give money if the game is out of money by that point. Supposedly red/blue, unlike yellow, does not let you into the safari zone for free if you are broke.

I wonder what the percentage of "players" (or at least people with accounts) versus viewers is? I would guess maybe 1/5 people bother to make an account, log in, and type things, but I have no idea really.

The streamer has said he will intervene when the time comes... but we don't know how that intervention will happen. It may be a code to disable the number of steps needed, or he may take over till we get the teeth.

emb

the amount of people playing could fill up my cities population 6 fold
Heh, I haven't really thought of it like that. My city's a little bigger, but there are definitely still more viewers for this stream than people here. So nice. o.o

I can't believe how the viewer count keeps going up every day. Each tiem I go to bed and come back, I think the fad has probably passed, but it went from 5k when I first tuned in, gradually up to what, 70k now?

Top Bottom