• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Feorax

We're up all night 'til the sun
We're up all night to get some
We're up all night for good fun
We're up all night to get lift keys

DaBoss

It cracks me the fuck up to see people complain about the "tediousness" of democracy when it was able to get through the maze in two tries after what, 38 hours of anarchy going in circles?
Because we don't need it outside of a few moments. Do you really want to wait 30 seconds just for Red to just move in one direction?

Blizzard

Banned
It cracks me the fuck up to see people complain about the "tediousness" of democracy when it was able to get through the maze in two tries after what, 38 hours of anarchy going in circles?
The maze was 12-24 hours I thought, so yeah, it's crazy to hear people say they think getting past a maze is more boring than watching the same thing fail for 12+ hours in a row.

Are there any estimates for how many spam bots are in chat by now?

Because we don't need it outside of a few moments. Do you really want to wait 30 seconds just for Red to just move in one direction?
Do we really want to wait 30 hours to see Red move past one floor? :D

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
We're up all night 'til the sun
We're up all night to get some
We're up all night for good fun
We're up all night to get lift keys

Perfect.

qlFduBl.jpg

Even better.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

1+ days of chaos trying to accomplish a goal was far more interesting than a half hour of people slowly trodding through knowing what would happen. I don't understand why anybody would want to watch the stream under the democracy system when you can just play Pokémon waiting thirty seconds between button presses to accomplish the same thing.

There's no compelling reason to watch while it is on democracy mode. Personally I feel there's no compelling reason to watch the stream at all now that it's even an option. There's no longer any question of whether something will be accomplished, it's just a matter of time now.

Bu bu but the spirit of the stream !

Don't worry, anarchy returns nearly instantly. It was why the first try through the maze failed at the last second. People wanted anarchy the second there was a battle but then stepped back into the maze as soon as it was done. Navigation puzzles, expect to see democracy. I will be curious to see how things like the PC work out with the new system. I wonder how the whole Eevee divide would have panned out with the new system.

1+ days of chaos trying to accomplish a goal was far more interesting than a half hour of people slowly trodding through knowing what would happen. I don't understand why anybody would want to watch the stream under the democracy system when you can just play Pokémon waiting thirty seconds between button presses to accomplish the same thing.

There's no compelling reason to watch while it is on democracy mode. Personally I feel there's no compelling reason to watch the stream at all now that it's even an option. There's no longer any question of whether something will be accomplished, it's just a matter of time now.

The compelling reason is to get back to anarchy mode and progress. That maze stopped progress dead.

Scarecrow

This has become significantly more boring. I understand the frustration with the movement puzzles, but this now feels like Apples to Apples instead of Cards Against Humanity.

Tell that to the +40.000 people that came back after the tug of war was placed. Anarchy is awesome, but getting nowhere in 30+ hours because of ONE single wrong input (which was 75% of any usable direction instead of just 25% in the case of the ledge) was a burden.

Cromat

I thought this was a tedious and pointless idea but now I think someone might actually use this to learn about human psychology/sociology.

entremet

I just don't get the 'fun'' of seeing these guys stuck in ledges and mazes for hours.

"But, but, anarchy?!" They cry.

Is that fun to watch? I don't get it.

Interesting? How thousands of people using inputs either randomly, for fun, to troll or to reach a goal interesting for 1 one day and not getting anywhere? If I wanted that I would have watched the RNG stream....

Ambient80

I hate to keep asking, but has chat been broken up to separate the commands from reactions/whatever? If so, how do you get to the non-command chat. I found the reactions to every little accomplishment quite entertaining :)

Honestly seeing the arrow slowly creep towards anarchy was way more exciting than it should have been. I think the supermajority requirement may make this workable as entertainment.

Top Bottom