• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
gkkNllZ.jpg

I really think they need to reinstate voting periods if they want to stick with this system, otherwise people are constantly voting Democracy once Anarchy is up and the other way around.

Say after a voting is done, 30 minutes of no democracy/anarchy voting.

lol @ democracy being boring. How long have you been in this damn maze again?

Yea I could understand the complaining but like we've been here for 24 hrs and it's not like we haven't had "not in the spirit of the original intent" alterations already .

Timeaisis

I'm curious how this whole democracy thing got started. Obviously the guy in charge of the stream implemented it, but was it his idea or the will of the mob?

mclem

The funny thing now is that when democracy wins, the people that voted for it will focus on playing the game, then anarchy will win again, and forcing the democrats to vote and stop acting...

I quite like this, as a solution. Anarchy is sufficiently in-demand that it'll be the natural state, I think, except when precision is absolutely required, and then precision *is* required, there's a finite window of opportunity to work with.

Cse

Banned
So does the emulator change the input scheme automatically based on the number of "democracy" or "anarchy" votes, or does the stream owner have to manually change it each time?

xfactor99

I'm curious how this whole democracy thing got started. Obviously the guy in charge of the stream implemented it, but was it his idea or the will of the mob?

He tried to impose it on us at first, and people rebelled by just voting "start9" all the time. Then he let us vote on it and we voted for democracy to get through the maze...

xfactor99

So does the emulator change the input scheme automatically based on the number of "democracy" or "anarchy" votes, or does the stream owner have to manually change it each time?

Its automatic, we changed to anarchy after the last pokemon battle with that rocket guy and then immediately went up through the maze again

As boring as Democracy is, watching the Start Trolls bring up the menu every 3 seconds was worse.

The anarchy is only fun when the good are more in number than the evil. I guess releasing Abby and Jay Leno were good for some laughs, but that's about it. We should strive for more than just laughs.

There is another Stream with only democracy, so seeing it actually gets things done (albeit slower), they decided to unify the concepts.

Now the mob changes between democracy and anarchy depending on how which one is better suited for their needs. The good thing about democracy is, unlike with the ledge, is that there's only one direction that will advance the puzzle, while every other option only sets us back. With the ledge only one direction was harmful, with the puzzle every other direction is,

The helix is dead, long live the helix.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
As boring as Democracy is, watching the Start Trolls bring up the menu every 3 seconds was worse.

The anarchy is only fun when the good are more in number than the evil. I guess releasing Abby and Jay Leno were good for some laughs, but that's about it. We should strive for more than just laughs.

...good for some laughs? You monster.

Damaniel

Banned

People will probably vote to bring back anarchy mode once they've fully cleared the maze. Democracy is much more boring, but it was obvious that the group, especially with all the bots, wasn't going to ever clear the stupid thing.

DaBoss

Democracy is going to be needed at these places:
1. strength puzzles
2. panel mazes
3. final boss (AKA ledge 2.0)

Outside of that, we need anarchy for speed.

Azuran

Banned
This is just boring now. People will just vote for democracy as soon as we hit the next difficult part even if we only failed a couple of times.

Revven

The only good thing the anarchy/democracy can contribute to all this is the images that will be produced hours from now. The images should consist of the Pokemon yelling at Red, "Democracy!" "Anarchy!" etc etc.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
People will probably vote to bring back anarchy mode once they've fully cleared the maze. Democracy is much more boring, but it was obvious that the group, especially with all the bots, wasn't going to ever clear the stupid thing.

They would have cleared it eventually, even if it might have taken months.

Can someone with a little programming skills emulate this but with no people at all? just entirely random inputs from the computer? This would be a good replacement for the ape study. I guess this democracy nonsense is here to stay

Top Bottom