• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Gardex

Anarchy was fun and all until people tasted blood with the PC/box.

After that, there was literally no progress an entire day.

Can someone with a little programming skills emulate this but with no people at all? just entirely random inputs from the computer? This would be a good replacement for the ape study. I guess this democracy nonsense is here to stay

I actually thought of doing this, but I have o time to do it :/

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Can someone with a little programming skills emulate this but with no people at all? just entirely random inputs from the computer? This would be a good replacement for the ape study. I guess this democracy nonsense is here to stay

We already have an rng stream. They had to restart it since it got permanently stuck.

Majine

Banned
The good thing about Democracy is that I feel more helpful than ever before.

The bad (?) thing is that hilarious mistakes are likely to never happen under democracy.

Talamius

Was already tried and failed horribly. The RNG released the one pokemon with attack moves and was left with a level 7 Magikarp.

Conceptor

There was a feed going off just RNG at 3x the speed but I'm not sure where it is at. I think it was was out of PB and had a magikarp

oRMXDRU.png)

okayfrog

Banned
Wow, this has gotten really damn boring. Beating the game now will be like beating DKC Returns with Super Kong. Yeah, you beat the game, but it's a hollow victory. I'd rather they be stuck in that room for weeks than have it beaten this way. Just sad.

The purely-random stream went nowhere. The stream with a biased random-input generator wound up with only a charizard and magikarp in cerulean, then released the charizard. This was considered a hopeless failure state and they started over.

JoeFu

Banned
... is there a post I can refer to to see what changed the last 2 days? What is this Anarchy/democracy thing, up9... and all this stuff? So confused now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else not at all mind that they switched to Democracy to get through the maze? They clearly weren't progressing at all and it had been over a day.
I do mind. It would probably have happened eventually, once there were less viewers and therefore less people making mistakes or trolling.

I think he needs to refine the multiple input commands and have the inputs reduced to two options, for instance "up" and "up3" that way the chat will actually be able to reach a consensus when moving long distances in one direction instead of just 1 tile every 20 seconds.

DLaicH

To the people who are asking what the deal is with anarchy/democracy, there's a perfectly good description on the Twitch page itself. Just scroll down a bit.

I just had a horrible thought... we aren't beating Giovanni are we...? We're going to have to do this all over again aren't we!?

(edit) In Helix we trust! We shall prevail!

Gawge

When precision is necessary - democracy is obviously superior (ignoring any philosophical claims about the meaning of the game).

But beyond that, it is so tedious and dull (mainly due to the lag).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I just had a horrible thought... we aren't beating Giovanni are we...? We're going to have to do this all over again aren't we!?

We won't. He has two rock types, and one is Rhydon which is pretty damn good. He also has Kangaskhan at a comparatively high-level, who'll be throwing STAB hits off a pretty high attack.

okayfrog

Banned

Aren't you able to get an elevator key that you can use on the first floor without having to go through the arrow maze again?

mclem

the only reason why Democracy came back so fast was because of reentering the maze. Next time we get into a fight or get out of the rocket HQ people will be begging for anarchy.

I'm thinking that it might work better if anarchy was the *natural* state, and when you trigger democracy, you get five minutes of it to play with.

I forsee Safari Zone being painstakingly democratic for 4:30, and then desparately trying to get deep enough into the start menus to be able to re-establish democracy during an anarchic period

one_kill

This is boring and it feels like it's going against the original spirit of the stream.
I think it's a nice change

The meta has changed so now we're watching how that change has affected the behaviour of the users

Hopefully a new system will be integrated later just so we can see the meta change again

It cracks me the fuck up to see people complain about the "tediousness" of democracy when it was able to get through the maze in two tries after what, 38 hours of anarchy going in circles?

mclem

Honestly I'd rather have the streamer just go on and beat this part for us and then walk away to let the story continue on its own, until we get to another place we're stuck at for days.

The problem with that is that the streamer probably doesn't want to keep an eye on it perpetually to judge if he needs to take over, particularly now we're back in the working week. An automated system works around that.

Dario ff

Banned
The meta has changed so now we're watching how that change has affected the behaviour of the users
The meta seems like just beating the game in an efficient way, and the only challenges are the ones offered by the real game. We've already conquered challenges like that before.

The old meta made an insignificant ledge or a PC an incredible hazard. It might not be tedious now, but the meta is nothing new now.

Democracy mode needs shorter voting periods I think. Not sure how it would work with lag though.

It wouldn't. They did test runs last night down to just a few seconds, it's not precise enough unless there is a long voting period.

Besides we WANT a long voting period because it de-incentivizes using Democratic mode all of the time.

Top Bottom