• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Shingro

If all you care about is getting things done, why not just play the game yourself? Or even watch a Let's Play?

Normal folk (those in favor of "anarchy") wish to get things done whilst at the same time overcome much adversity that will make the victory oh so much sweeter.

Mixed in with the anarchy people of course with people who want nothing more then to cease forward progress as much as possible. who would be hitting soft reset if they would be allowed.

This whole thing is a great allegory, you want as much freedom as possible, but there's people who want nothing more then to ruin stuff as much as possible using the granted freedom as a lever.

If society is going to work it can never be just one and just another. Permit each household a nuclear bomb and the world will end by the day. 95% wouldn't use it, but the 5% "just want to see the world burn" would ruin things.

I guess what I'm saying is 'Start9' is the reason we can't have nice things. and ironically the nature of the people who use it is why they can't have what they want either =P

I dunno, are we far enough along in this experiment to call it "stream terrorism?" a minority demanding 'their way or the highway?'

Anustart

what happens if democracy wins?

13QrRN6.png

Faddy

Banned
The voting system suck because it forces people to flood chat to vote as often as they can. Before people would try to communicate messages, post routes and strategy. With this new system there is almost no communication within the group.

Cess007

I'm not in favor of this democracy system, but goddammit the old way was awful. There's got to be a good middle ground. We need more scripters to combat start spammers and trolls is all.

This isn't fun just because it's chaotic. It's when the people work together to make order out of it that it's kinda cool. And anarchy is not that. Anarchy is spending 24 hours in the Rocket Hideout and then going straight back into the maze when we leave it. Anarchy is near indistinguishable from RNG.

So we just need a little organization here. Not democracy, but for shit's sake we need to make efficient progress by working together.

Yes it was. It was pretty damn fun. I get what you mean, but the sensation when the streaming accomplished something (teach Cut, passed Route 9, survived Rock Tunnel, bear Erika) was only so high 'cause it took that much time and dedication to overcome the chaos and do it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yes it was. It was pretty damn fun. I get what you mean, but the sensation when the streaming accomplished something (teach Cut, passed Route 9, survived Rock Tunnel, bear Erika) was only so high 'cause it took that much time and dedication to overcome the chaos and do it.

and what you fail to recognize is that the stream had reached a point where accomplishment was impossible

I don't think that chaos running rampant was fun. I think its presence giving people an incentive to work together was fun.

Inherently, there's nothing fun to me about watching a bunch of trolls move Red around a screen and open the menu. But if, through that, people make meaningful progress by working together to defeat it, then I'm down. That was happening in small portions before. But we can do better.

LProtag

It's stupid to get excited about losing Flareon, as he caused all the mess and therefore it would be worth it just to keep him so we'd have something.

Oh well! So the story goes!

Top Bottom