• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

ibaS3YMa5j7VmX.gif

Sianos

Hahahaha, while everyone is arguing over anarchy and democracy, a swiftly coordinated run is made to release Flareon.

This is dangerous, I can see the run falling apart in this moment.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
People in here yesterday were suggesting than if the crowds died down then it would be easier to get through game corner. Basically, less trashy and troll inputs and more organized action. So how is that any different than the democracy mechanic?
Because every individual input will still count, instead of only one that's decided by the majority. Anarchy, even with a small amount of players, is much more risky and rewarding because every input has the same chance to occur. With democracy, if most players pick the same button then that is what's going to happen, no matter what the others have chosen.

So anarchy requires a lot more planning and a good metagaming strategy, not to mention a bit of luck. Democracy only requires that most people choose the "right" input. Of course, it's not that easy because lag has to be accounted for, but it can't be denied that it's far less rewarding that way.

mclem

The streamer should intervene and implement Democracy when it is NEEDED. It should not be like the way it is implemented. More people are focused on keeping it on Democracy or Anarchy instead of progressing through the game.

Translation:

The streamer should monitor the stream 24 hours a day.

During a working week.

trixx

Riight. All the people that persisted and struggled through 12 hours of ledge didn't want to get anything done.
I'm just saying at the moment there seems to be more people that want to mess around. Honestly, I'm not opposed to that. I think the red stream is funny as hell and its what makes playing through it fun, but I also think there's just too many trolls to do something effectively atm. I respect red stream, but there seems to only be a minority of players that actually want to play. That's the problem.

Wallach

The return of Saint Drowzee, victorious in maintaining the Gan seal until LORD HELIX could build up enough power to cast the beast out of this realm forever.

Top Bottom