• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Didn't work after a few tries? Switch to anarchy
Didn't work after a few tries? Switch to democracy
Didn't work after a few tries? Switch to anarchy.

Anustart

gsG2kZx.png

From reddit.

Didn't work after a few tries? Switch to anarchy

We're playing out an accelerated version of human history, it was bound to end this way. Next come the holy wars.

N4Us

Haha, the Blue stream managed to get to Sabrina in her gym with almost nothing else but a Hitmonlee with a bad moveset.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Do any trainers in R/B use a Flareon? Seeing "The False Prophet" return in battle would be pretty funny for the chat's reactions.

No, none. The only trainer in RBY to use Flareon is Blue in Pokemon Yellow if you win only one of the first two available battles.

okayfrog

Banned
I think it's really hard to argue that democracy isn't better for getting through areas that require precise control than anarchy. With democracy enabled, a group only needs to agree 1-2 moves ahead rather than thousands of individuals trying to think 30-40 moves ahead.

If we get through this maze, it'll be under democracy.

Or it'll be through anarchy (normalcy) after several days/weeks.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Do any trainers in R/B use a Flareon? Seeing "The False Prophet" return in battle would be pretty funny for the chat's reactions.

Unfortunately I'm not sure he does. Maybe around Victory road there is a trainer with Eeveelutions.

Edit: Looks like Gary only gets Eevee in Yellow version.

wmlk

I guess the people who started crying when he made the change have finally settled down. I was upset too, but we've come so far and it's fun to expect the unexpected.

PBalfredo

I thought the problem with Flareon was his bad move set or something.

Flareon actually would have a pretty good movest for what we're doing. Lots of physical attacks to put his 130 Attack stat to good use and his fire moves are backed by a very respectable 110 Special stat. He was guarenteed to learn at least Ember, which is more than we can say about our dearly departed Charmeleon, with the possibility of learning Fire Spin and Flamethrower, and few status moves to get in the way. If we actually leveled and used him, instead of making him the scapegoat and releasing him, he would have been a very good member of our team. Especially since we needed a new fire type.

The whole "Flareon has no moves" thing is from games after R/B where the Special stat was split up into Special Attack and Special Defense and Flareon took a hit to his Special Attack stat when most Fire moves use Special Attack. In gen 6 games though, he can learn Flare Blitz which is a hard-hitting Fire move that uses Attack, so it doesn't really apply any more.

Tawpgun

It gets really dumb to watch after a while, but seeing a timelapse or summary of events is amazing.

I would also watch if I could keep it in the background and there would be some kind of alarm or chime when the player gets close to something important.

Watching them go through a cave would be horrendous.

Top Bottom