• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

santi_yo

It was so close...

doYGyK4.jpg

Toxi

Banned
After sinners die, their souls are bound to twitch accounts with the promise they can only be free when Red beats the Elite 4.

PBalfredo

20 seconds of delay doesn't matter with nearly 14k people spamming buttons.

No, most people are trying to move things along. But things are being impeded by the delay. This is very evident when Red is trying to go out the back of the house down the path. Everyone was saying UP and LEFT to get him through the hole in the house. Then Red was rubbing against the left corner of the backyard for a while. During which everyone was then saying RIGHT, which led to red rubbing against the wall to the right. During that time everyone switched from RIGHT to DOWN which led to Red sprintng straight down and jumping over the ledge and back into Cerulean City.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Why the hell are they back in that ekans/spearow grinding area?

#missed3hours

JulianImp

I forget, do you have to *use* the Silph Scope, or just own it?

There is a trick you can do to avoid the whole sliph scope thing, which is buying a PokéDoll and using it on the Marowak ghost. I think I did that on one of my later playthroughs. However, I think the spazztic Red will be unable to get into a shop, buy the doll, and finally use it against the final ghost but not anything else before it.

Anustart

Next game this should be done with is a Final Fantasy game. I'm biased so I say we need Twitch Plays Final Fantasy 3 (6)!

Good luck beating Vargas!

okayfrog

Banned
I thought it was bad last night, but this is just horrible. They beat Misty at like, what, 9am? They went to Bill, and nothing since.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Where are they currently? What do they need? Did they get the boat ticket?

I thought it was bad last night, but this is just horrible. They beat Misty at like, what, 9am? They went to Bill, and nothing since.

9am? Wha... I wasn't even watching at 9am... It was at like 2-3 PM, and they made it all the way to Vermillion, sans 1 bastard Raticate ruining it.

Where are they currently? What do they need? Did they get the boat ticket?

Need to get to vermillion. Only one trainer standing in the way... oh and threading the eye of a needles twice in building movements.

Toxi

Banned
I'm seriously astounded that they managed to get into Bill's house.

9am? Wha... I wasn't even watching at 9am... It was at like 2-3 PM, and they made it all the way to Vermillion, sans 1 bastard Raticate ruining it.
Time zones are magical things.

JulianImp

The image of Red running around aimlessly, crashing into walls, reading the same signs a thousand times and trying to use the Moon Stone (RIP) in battle is just too damn fun. It seems like the kind of prank you'd see on one of those quirky Japanese TV programs.

The chat is finally starting to dwindle a little now. It was almost 14k, but now it's back down to 13k. The spell may finally be broken and we may get a playable experience with it again in another few hours.

Gozan

I've watched this too long. Got up to go to the kitchen and wondered how the hell I was supposed to make it through two corridors.

Koren

With 13k players spamming the buttons, we'll at least know whether spamming A can help the success rate of the pokeballs ^_^

yes, I know it's not

Top Bottom