• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Shinypogs

Rightful balance has been restored, democracy won't be needed again til safari zone I think. Are we going to dig out way out and heal now?

Disguises

It finally happened :)
4A1SWO0.png

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Down literally isn't even a viable choice right now so I don't know why we're getting a hundred of them.

Cse

Banned
Apparently I'm the only one with a Twitch chat that won't load. I see the flurry of commands in the emulator, so many people don't seem to be having a problem.

Cess007

So... how's the record for most viewers in a single stream? I guess LOL and Starcraft 2 should be popular, so i guess around 200k?

Chris R

Any other way to view the chat? I see mention of IRC so that must be where the stuff is going, because the chat on Twitch is very slow/empty/laggy.

what's up with that anarchy democracy thing? I don't get it. Can someone explain.

People didn't feel like enough progress was being made so the democracy setting makes it so before a command is registered, it "holds" the command and waits for the command to receive enough votes in the form of other people entering that command. Anarchy is it does any command sent to it in the order it was sent to it.

Any other way to view the chat? I see mention of IRC so that must be where the stuff is going, because the chat on Twitch is very slow/empty/laggy.

I can see chat in IE but not firefox for some reason.

edit: i'm an idiot, you can see chat but it's laggy. oops.

Trey

Between this and Melee, Nintendo is getting so much free publicity, but aren't doing a thing with it.

In fact, people are more afraid they'll shut this all down.

PBalfredo

Hypno could. Base 115 special+Psychic+STAB=Easy mode. It also doesn't have shit type matchups like Flareon.

And I've been saying this since we caught Drowzee.

True. Drowzee is so rarely used, it's easy to forget about the poor guy. I really hope the need for him at Pokemon Tower turns things around and we start leveling him instead of giving all the EXP to Pidge-Jeigan.

Drowzee has Confusion, but suffers from Move Roulette a lot. If we could use a TM to teach him Physic in the top slot, then we're in business. But you're right, gen 1 Physics are OP and Hypno would be our strongest with Flareon a close second given the team.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
True. Drowzee is so rarely used, it's easy to forget about the poor guy. I really hope the need for him at Pokemon Tower turns things around and we start leveling him instead of giving all the EXP to Pidge-Jeigan.

Drowzee has Confusion, but suffers from Move Roulette a lot. If we could use a TM to teach him Physic in the top slot, then we're in business. But you're right, gen 1 Physics are OP and Hypno would be our strongest with Flareon a close second given the team.

Flareon is gone, though. Hypno/Lapras is our best shot, but moreso Lapras - Gen 1 Lapras was an absolute powerhouse.

People didn't feel like enough progress was being made so the democracy setting makes it so before a command is registered, it "holds" the command and waits for the command to receive enough votes in the form of other people entering that command. Anarchy is it does any command sent to it in the order it was sent to it.
Thank you.
This is really funny. Can't believe they got that far already

RedShift

I didn't think of it before, but thank god we opened that door, otherwise we'd have to do the maze again after Giovanni curb stomps us.

JonCha

So basically Anarchy is as the stream started and Democracy is like those other streams where people are voting on inputs?

Timeaisis

So... how's the record for most viewers in a single stream? I guess MVC tourney and Starcraft 2 should be popular, so i guess around 200k?

According to http://www.usgamer.net/articles/evo-2013-sets-record-numbers-for-twitch it's 144K for a MVC tourney. I think we can beat it if we keep it up.

EDIT: Looks like http://www.gamespot.com/articles/le...ver-personal-stream-on-twitchtv/1100-6407147/ is the record for a personal stream at 137K.

EDIT 2: Thanks for the correction, DryEyeRelief

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Twitch record is 144k simultaneous viewers with 1.7m unique views. We're on 101k with 1.1m unique views. If we make the E4, we will shatter that, easily.

Top Bottom