• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Man, you are great at finding relevant cartoon clips for this
4tCIK.gif
Thanks a lot! but to be honest I have a system now mostly I steal them from other social media sites/streams who react to the stream.
But some of them I just remember or just randomly stumble upon.

also a FANTASTIC IMG album where almost all fanart is hosted

shink

It was more fun before Anarchy / Democracy. Playing the game in pure anarchy mode would have been super impressive - it wouldn't matter how long it took to finish the game. It was simple and brilliant.

I feel like the update robs this stream of its elegance in order to progress faster ... which will probably get people to watch the stream longer, but that wasn't really the point.

I doubt you would have gotten anywhere with the amount of spam/bots.

ampere

I'm sad to hear that the stream became democratic for a time... it hurts the authenticity of this whole thing.

But I am happy to hear that the false prophet flareon is gone from the world.

Shinypogs

Hmm, I wonder if sony could ever figure out how to do something like using the ps4's weird share/takeover system thing. I'd love to see people try and take on a persona game like that.

Hell I'd love to see a persona game done via the twitch method if it was viable.

This is going to end up being one of those weird hard to describe memories of gaming. Yes mom 100k people were playing the same game of pokemon at the same time and somehow we won.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm sad to hear that the stream became democratic for a time... it hurts the authenticity of this whole thing.

But I am happy to hear that the false prophet flareon is gone from the world.

It has gone democratic a few times and is about to do so again. It doesn't hurt the authenticity, some people are just resistant to new ideas.

I think the new system provides a much more intriguing social experiment aspect to the game.

Blizzard

Banned
Are there any estimates for how many of the stream viewers are account-holders, how many account-holders have submitted at least one command, and how many command-submitters are believed to be bots of some sort?

Trey

How the fuck did we get the lift key?

Kinda both. Democracy got us through the maze and to the lift key pokeball but it switched over to anarchy right before grabbing it. Took about two minutes to pick up a pokeball three tiles away in anarchy.

I'm still fascinated by this stream. Just how the collective of 99,000+ People can get stuff done. Even if it takes awhile it's still pretty neat.

I personally think the Anarchy/Democracy brings a whole new twist to it.

Kadin

Not sure if this was already posted but Kotaku did a pretty decent write-up of how exactly so many people are able to make progress in the game. It's pretty lengthy but if you're bored, give it a read.

Ri'Orius

We definitely would've beaten it in pure Anarchy, simply because eventually most people would leave and it's trivial when there are only three viewers.

The stream is nothing without viewers; if Democracy is what it takes to keep people from getting bored, then so be it.

Top Bottom