• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Ambient80

So is there any chance the streamer will get rid of this ridiculous vote system? Has he even been back today after setting it up?

Really takes away the magic when it goes Democracy and it's just a crappy Let's Play.

No, the campaigns really are piss-easy regardless. Trainer AI is absolutely laughable in the mainline games (surprisingly, in PBR there was actually solid AI).

I mean they're not totally hard but I ran into some trouble here and there on my playthrough. but i was exploring the varied roster of Pokemon available in the game and ended up with over 20 of differing types and persuasions at level parity with trainers by the endgame (with very little grind at that thnx to exp share) and I did appreciate that

Then I disagree with the streamer.

Just because he started the experiment doesn't mean that he is right.

Just imagine if we had the democracy option during "The ledge", or "The tree".

The only thing I agree with altering is Safari zone so we don't have a limit on steps, due to the amount of inputs with how large the stream is it would be impossible.

I'm starting to think the divide comes from some people viewing it as an experiment and others viewing it as entertainment.

Damaniel

Banned
So is there any chance the streamer will get rid of this ridiculous vote system? Has he even been back today after setting it up?

Really takes away the magic when it goes Democracy and it's just a crappy Let's Play.

For all the magic that's supposedly gone, the whole anarchy/democracy thing isn't affecting the viewer count any (103k as we speak).

image.php

Toxi

Banned
Serious question: How is Democracy not also a fascinating social experiment?
As someone who was watching before any hints of Democracy, it feels cheap. :-\ The only places I feel like we NEED help are the obvious Safari Zone and Ledge 2 (since that's not just a maze we have to carefully navigate, that's an incredibly difficult obstacle right before several surf spots and then the scariest cave in the game).

I'm starting to think the divide comes from some people viewing it as an experiment and others viewing it as entertainment.

Nah, I don't give a crap about it as an experiment and view utter chaos as way more entertaining than orderly playing. It's just that I'm completely ok with my entertainment being provided in short bursts for 5 mins ata time twice a day.

Top Bottom