• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Kimaka

Then let it die!

That's the whole point!

It's not how long will it take to beat the game, it's IF we can beat the game.

Don't artificially extend this experiments life by altering the rules mid-game.

The streamer wanted to see if multiple people can play Pokemon in a chat room. Multiple people are still playing Pokemon in a chat room. I don't see the issue. You can talk about the 'purity' of the experiment all you want but the streamer has always considered modifying the rules if certain obstacles prove to be too hard.

Mr. RHC

Sand Attack will teach him!

6ec.gif

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
pidgeot is such a boss....getting so many critical hits o_o

critical hits in RBY are based on the speed difference between you and your opponent, iirc, and not just a random percentage as they are from later gens. Persian was absolute top-tier in RBY because it's speed was sufficient that Slash had 100% critical rate and was STAB'd.

I just hope those in favor of democracy use strategy guides and microtransactions and cheat codes. No reason to take longer than needed in a video game. Challenge is for suckers who have nothing better to do.

I wouldn't mind using cheat codes if a 100k people were pressing buttons on my controller at the same time.

harmonize

Yeah. Don't forget, there is a rock puzzle where you need to use the menu for every push and are able to put it in an unsolvable state, where you have to reset the screen and start over.
Not for every push, just for the first push when you walk into a new "room" of Victory Road.

Even as a 7-year old with Pokemon Yellow I diversified. Ended up rocking Charizard/Blastoise/Venusaur/Pikachu/Snorlax/Zapdos.

people these days see a game with eight billion total Pokemon to capture and items that make training tons of them possible and they steamroll through it with the 'givens' and then complain of ease

critical hits in RBY are based on the speed difference between you and your opponent, iirc, and not just a random percentage as they are from later gens. Persian was absolute top-tier in RBY because it's speed was sufficient that Slash had 100% critical rate and was STAB'd.

Ok that makes more sense; thanks :)

medze

The streamer wanted to see if multiple people can play Pokemon in a chat room. Multiple people are still playing Pokemon in a chat room. I don't see the issue. You can talk about the 'purity' of the experiment all you want but the streamer has always considered modifying the rules if certain obstacles prove to be too hard.

Yup, and this solution is much better and more pure than him hacking the game to allow infinite steps in Safari Zone which was the plan before this system was implemented.

I love this new system of anarchy/democracy. And the people who don't like it should be in chat voting "anarchy" rather than whining about it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
people these days see a game with eight billion total Pokemon to capture and items that make training tons of them possible and they steamroll through it with the 'givens' and then complain of ease

No, the campaigns really are piss-easy regardless. Trainer AI is absolutely laughable in the mainline games (surprisingly, in PBR there was actually solid AI).

Then I disagree with the streamer.

Just because he started the experiment doesn't mean that he is right.

Just imagine if we had the democracy option during "The ledge", or "The tree".

The only thing I agree with altering is Safari zone so we don't have a limit on steps, due to the amount of inputs with how large the stream is it would be impossible.

Top Bottom