• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Dad

Alternatively, anyone wanting the feel of chaos can just whip out a Gameboy and start dancing on the buttons with their toes.

I'd go watch the RNG stream if I wanted to see that, thanks. I don't even have a problem navigating difficult obstacles with democracy, but the thought of having a committee pick our latest and greatest battle strategy turn by turn is just not appealing in the least.

FStop7

Banned
You are totally one of the dudes that presses stuff in the opposite direction, presses start, and presses b huh?

Anarchy is better except for in situations like the hideout

Anarchy is a fascinating social experiment.

Democracy is just a glorified Let's Play.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We really are going to end up soloing the E4 with a level 100 Pidgeot, aren't we?

Grizzo

That guy is unstoppable

tumblr_lwn8hgyxUF1r8jzpeo1_500.gif

Wallach

Giovanni gonna be all down to pidgeot...

There is no pokemon centre before victory road right? So if they died in victory road they'd have to do this every time lol

Yeah. Don't forget, there is a rock puzzle where you need to use the menu for every push and are able to put it in an unsolvable state, where you have to reset the screen and start over.

Trey

Then let it die!

That's the whole point!

It's not how long will it take to beat the game, it's IF we can beat the game.

Don't artificially extend this experiments life by altering the rules mid-game.

Nothing is artificially extended. People are playing the game together still.

Azuran

Banned
You are someone who understands this. Kudos to you. The stream is called "TwitchPlaysPokemon" not "TwitchBeatsPokemon".

Even thought I hate the new system, I had an open mind for a bit. But seeing people changed to it just because they couldn't work a relative simple thing like an elevator completely killed the fun for me. It's like getting a bronze start in SMG2. You may have reached the goal, but the victory was a hollow one with no meaning.

Whools

You are totally one of the dudes that presses stuff in the opposite direction, presses start, and presses b huh?

Anarchy is better except for in situations like the hideout

Lol, I try to play helpfully
I do always try for risky PC plays though :p
Though my Twitch chat has been down for the last hour or so so i've been doing a whole lot of nothing.

and because anarchy has so many fans democracy will probably only be initiated at one or two points during the game

I can't even see it being used in a single ledge type situation, more like 'can't fucking do this' type one
Everything in the game was accomplished by anarchy aside from getting out of the maze and through the elevator.

So basically everything that wasn't a horrible timesink and nigh impossible for 90000 competing voices to complete.

I suppose, But I'd still rather be stuck for days and let the masses and the trolls get bored than use democracy. I guess I'm a purist.

I'd go watch the RNG stream if I wanted to see that, thanks. I don't even have a problem navigating difficult obstacles with democracy, but the thought of having a committee pick our latest and greatest battle strategy turn by turn is just not appealing in the least.

I agree. Battles and general wondering is for anarchy. Democracy is just for "bosses" (mazes, elevators, etc.)

Anarchy is a fascinating social experiment.

Democracy is just a glorified Let's Play.

Democracy is as valid a social experiment for the Twitch chat if you think about it... I don't get the fascination with what's becoming a buzzword like it validates Anarchy over Democracy in and of itself.

Simple thing is there are just some parts of the game that need assistance for progress period. Periodic democracy enables a majority anarchy (and the social experiment throughout increasingly more challenging phases of the game - the ones that aren't STREAM-KILLING) til the end. Instead of anarchy til yesterday and then infinite rocket hideout music until nobody cares anymore

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Hey I beat Red version when I was 7 with like... a level 100 charizard with: Slash, Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Spin.

Even as a 7-year old with Pokemon Yellow I diversified. Ended up rocking Charizard/Blastoise/Venusaur/Pikachu/Snorlax/Zapdos.

Top Bottom