• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

jaded_up_

Banned
As far as I'm aware, there's a minute delay between what the viewers see and what is happening? So all the input is for what happened a minute ago in the game?

Then what's the bloody point? They're giving input for something that's not on screen.

Great concept though. Maybe someone can refine it.

Matriox

Never played any pokemon game, this stream is making me want to buy red, or blue.

Do it! But you will probably find the newer ones better, most including myself love Blue and Red for nostalgia purposes, still great games but the newer ones play a little better.

KarmaCow

As far as I'm aware, there's a minute delay between what the viewers see and what is happening? So all the input is for what happened a minute ago in the game?

Then what's the bloody point? They're giving input for something that's not on screen.

It's not perfect but it does add another layer of people trying to predict what they need to do on top of the trolls and the pure chaos that is the wave of inputs.

rekameohs

Banned
Ah makes sense. Still wish he could program the emulator to pick the most popular input said during each frame.
I kinda feel like that would ruin the charm of this, like some of the smaller counterpart streams. Since the most popular inputs are almost always the right ones, I think that the system might be a little too productive. I think there may need to be a middle ground between the current system and one like that.

kiguel182

it's 20 seconds delay I think.

Twitch should disable that just for this stream. Would that be possible?

Mistel

Banned
So what direction in general are we trying to go right now? I'm not familiar with this game and it's route.
There's a cave at the end of the route called rock tunnel which has a pokecenter near it. Between that is ledges and 3 trainers. We've been stuck at ledges for a while and our team is half dead.

Yawnier

Banned

jaded_up_

Banned
It's not perfect but it does add another layer of people trying to predict what they need to do on top of the trolls and the pure chaos that is the wave of inputs.

One layer too many, in my opinion. The trolls and the multitude of people giving directions is more than enough for entertainment value; the fact that they're giving input to something that that's not even onscreen makes it disingenuous.

it's 20 seconds delay I think.

Twitch should disable that just for this stream. Would that be possible?

Probably not. They should host it on another site which gives a 1:1 viewer/screen interaction (or thereabout).

Cirdan

Neo Member
Right!
Off to bed. Surely this ledge will be just a bad dream when I wake up, right!?
Seems like there are people that still want to go back to Ceruluan City too. Hard to tell with all these inputs really

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is it possible to host something like this in a private channel? Would be great to play a game this way only with members of neogaf.

Is it possible to host something like this in a private channel? Would be great to play a game this way only with members of neogaf.

I think the closest thing you can do to something like that is sub mode.

I don't see how they can beat this portion of the game. I don't even blame the trolls, just the delay. It's not possible to predict.

the twist is that this whole thing was a form of protest to remove new twitch buffering

they're slowly torturing thousands of people until it's reverted back

Symax

The delay is ridiculus. It's like controling a mars roover from earth, except everyone on earth controls it and not just the NASA.

at least safari zone would be fun to watch, this is just boring as hell.
COME ON HELIX FOSSIL LAY GIVE US POWER.

Yeah, at least Safari Zone we can see them pull of miracles and catch Tauros, Chansey, and Scyther.

I do wish there was some mod control in the chat. Things are getting really out of control.

Top Bottom