• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Kriken

4zCSCzY.gif

This might be my favorite yet.

LOL, that's incredible

Grizzo

3000 people down from 21 000 is not gonna make things any easier I guess. It should drop even lower, because right now it's still just a mess.

Madlib

The worst part of this is even if they get past this ledge, there is no way they can beat 3 trainers in a row with the team being half dead.

Rapstah

The worst part of this is even if they get past this ledge, there is no way they can beat 3 trainers in a row with the team being half dead.

The viewers are going to bounce back up the instant they get past the ledge and then it's the same situation again for a couple of hours.

Gardex

People worrying about the cave don't have to fear too much. You can still see the walls, even in the darkness, and considering the random movement of Red, they will navigate around the obstacles sooner or later.

This ledge tho

I really hope the creator doesn't touch the game at all, even if we don't make progress for days.

Eventually people will stop playing the game and progress will happen again.

Dad

I feel like getting to the top of the Celadon department store to buy the water is going to be an absolute nightmare. That's assuming the ledge is mastered someday.

Boogiepop

Yeah, I'm honestly starting to think the creator should step in if this goes on for too much longer. I mean, we're talking hours upon hours of zero progress at this point.

kiguel182

The creator shouldn't intervene, just let things flow naturally.

The side-effect of this stream is realizing how full of stuff and detail this game is. I haven't thought about it in a while. Such a good game.

Brak

I really hope the creator doesn't touch the game at all, even if we don't make progress for days.

Eventually people will stop playing the game and progress will happen again.
I agree.

I really want to see how far this experiment can go without intervention, and this isn't actually that crazy of an obstacle compared to teaching a pokemon cut and flipping the switches in Surge's gym.

kiguel182

I agree.

I really want to see how far this experiment can go without intervention, and this isn't actually that crazy of an obstacle compared to teaching a pokemon cut and flipping the switches in Surge's gym.

they got incredibly lucky with the switches.

DJ88

Holy shit, how does this thing even handle inputs? The inputs are flying by like 20 a second now. Sometimes I'll see tons of lefts and only a couple rights and Red will go right. Is it just grabbing whatever random one input lands at a certain time interval? Instead it should be grabbing the most popular input said between each time interval.

Just remember the next time someone comes into this thread and says that the creator is secretly pulling strings, we can point them to this.

If we can somehow teach a pokemon cut AND use it correctly MORE THAN ONCE, I'd say we can do anything with enough time/emotional trauma.

DaBoss

Unlike other times, the delay didn't affect things like they do now along with the fact it is ridiculously easy to troll. I just wish they could just ban the obvious trolls. The experiment should be how people manage to come together and control the character against the delay, not with trolls.

Stopped watching after they got to Cerulean this morning, and I see they are only on the next route over and are getting tripped up on the ledges.

The sudden flood of commands I'm seeing is like some bizarre mathematical equation.

Nyoro SF

Holy shit, how does this thing even handle inputs? The inputs are flying by like 20 a second. Sometimes I'll see tons of lefts and only a couple rights and Red will go right. Is it just grabbing whatever random one input lands at a certain time interval? Instead it should be grabbing the most popular input said between each time interval.

Essentially it takes the first available input, then while it does the input it's taking all the others at once, so it's essentially ignoring the rest.

rekameohs

Banned
Holy shit, how does this thing even handle inputs? The inputs are flying by like 20 a second. Sometimes I'll see tons of lefts and only a couple rights and Red will go right. Is it just grabbing whatever random one input lands at a certain time interval? Instead it should be grabbing the most popular input said between each time interval.
Yeah it only takes one specific frame's info. Like, if up is selected, nothing will register until he finishes his one step upward.

Dad

Unlike other times, the delay didn't affect things like they do now along with the fact it is ridiculously easy to troll. I just wish they could just ban the obvious trolls. The experiment should be how people manage to come together and control the character against the delay, not with trolls.

Every great journey needs a villain.

DJ88

Essentially it takes the first available input, then while it does the input it's taking all the others at once, so it's essentially ignoring the rest.

Yeah it only takes one specific frame's info. Like, if up is selected, nothing will register until he finishes his one step upward.

Ah makes sense. Still wish he could program the emulator to pick the most popular input said during each frame.

Top Bottom