• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

k91191

Nope, they let you in with one ball if you can't pay the price.

The real trouble is the step limit.

Oh, didn't know that. Neat. If he does modify the step limit, I can see trolls just wasting all the safari balls to get kicked out instead. He should just modify the ball limit too to avoid that.

duxstar

For the record they've been stuck in the same area all day, im sure there were tug of war battles won and lost, but it's getting bigger..... i wonder how long till the fun dies down, and a single group takes over

BlueMagic

Is it possible in Red/Blue/Yellow to not have enough money to enter the safari zone?

Someone said you can still enter if you have no money, not sure if it works though.

About the down thing, the lag plays a major part in that. Whenever we jump the ledge people always go up+left so we end up higher than the corridor. That's when a lot of people go down+right, and with the lag we inevitably end up jumping down.

OMG at the Gold playthrough. Down to the last Pokemon against Silver, a Level 8 Sandshrew against his Level 16 Quilava, and we clutched it out with 1 HP.

Someone post a GIF of that. Please!

Toxi

Banned
So is this ledge the smough of this game and the safari park the four kings?
dark_soulss_by_alo81-d6nrmkr.gif

Sendou

5-6 months is my current estimate.

I don't think it will take that long. People will stop caring long before that and it becomes easier to control when it's not 20k+ people there. Hard to see this interesting the majority of people for more than a month in any case. Certainly not 20k+ for long.

Limit

How long did it take for saltybet's hype to die? This will be much shorter than that. 1/4th the amount of time before the hype dies if I had to guess.

This is going to lead to lots of copycats for sure but the main stream won't remain popular for long at its current state.

Brak

There are fewer trolls than it appears. People who just opened the stream don't understand the lag.
I disagree. Certainly the overshoots are caused by lag. However, if you watch what people are typing in chat, not the input log, you will see dozens of people typing troll inputs.

i.e. Red is left of the stairs or the passageway, and lots of people typing "left". Not typing left 30 seconds ago to get to the stairs and then overshooting, but typing left as they are seeing Red already to the left of the stairs.

Also anyone who ever types start, which is 1 to 4 people per second.

Also people typing down when Red is already at the bottom.

There is actually a foolproof way of getting through here even considering lag. But that would require not a single person trolling which is seemingly impossible.

I'm surprised he hasn't implimented subscriber only mode. Holy shit the amount of money he'd rake in within the first minute.

That would probably open him up to a whole world of legal trouble. Pretty sure Nintendo would come down on him like a ton of bricks if he charged people to play.

Top Bottom