• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Seemingly re-enabling start made this that much less watchable.

TheOGB

Banned
They're still at this place?

I thought they passed it?
Dt1qyxK.png

The lefts and downs now outnumber the ups and rights every time they actually blunder onto the ledge. I guess the trolls will get bored when there's no longer anyone actually attempting to play.

"How do I make the commands not display in the twitch chat (so you can actually see the chat)?

Go to the stream , go to the web console, then type: “setInterval(function(){$('#chat_line_list li').each(function(){ var a = $(this); var t=$.trim(a.text().split(':')[1]); if (t == 'up' || t == 'down' || t == 'left' || t == 'right' || t == 'a' || t == 'b' || t == 'start') { a.hide(); }})}, 500)" without the quotes, into the box, then press ENTER."

One day, I hope I can effortlessly mold the internet like this.

Whogie

It's sorta' been mentioned before, but commands should be tallied every 1 second or so, so the most pressed command goes through.

The lag is killer though. Even without trolls we'd struggle.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I've totally lost interest at this point. I kept a tab of it open while I was at work, but it's just getting fucking annoying at this point. Do kids have to go to school on President's Day? If they don't have the day off, maybe it'll get better then.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I've totally lost interest at this point. I kept a tab of it open while I was at work, but it's just getting fucking annoying at this point. Do kids have to go to school on President's Day? If they don't have the day off, maybe it'll get better then.

Who says the trolls are mostly kids in school?

How is the game not saved+quit or exited out on all the time?
You can't quit the game unless you do a soft reset with a button combination. The way the parser works makes this almost impossible. They actually managed to do it once and overwrote the save file, but the author just loaded a save state and presumably removed the functionality.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
How is the game not saved+quit or exited out on all the time?
There is no Save and Quit option in Pokemon, and the only way to exit is the soft-reset command (A+B+Start+Select at the same time), which I assume is impossible because it's not possible to press more than one button at a time.

EDIT: ...Or maybe it is possible. But it isn't easy.

Lexxon

In my part of the country, it's February vacation. ALL WEEK. Don't expect it to get better if children are your basis for the failures.

...which is pretty likely.

PBalfredo

I sort of wish there were wild pokemon in the ledge loop to fight. It would make things take even longer, but at least then we would be power leveling while we're stuck here for hours. As it is, we're at risk of getting wiped by trainers again once we eventually clear the ledge.

DaBoss

I sort of wish there were wild pokemon in the ledge loop to fight. It would make things take even longer, but at least then we would be power leveling while we're stuck here for hours. As it is, we're at risk of getting wiped by trainers again once we eventually clear the ledge.
Huh? All of the Pokemon are at full HP and should have no problem reaching the Pokemon Center.

Toxi

Banned
There are only two trainers left before the Pokemon Center, IIRC. One's that damn hiker, but the other doesn't have Geodudes.

Rock Tunnel is gonna be filled with those Rock type bastards.

PBalfredo

We currently have only two viable pokemon, both of which have duds in half of their movepool, and the damaging moves they have are resisted by rock-type. I'd feel a lot better if our kinda-overleveled pokemon were instead stupidly overleveled (or if we're dreaming, for the rest of our team to be leveled at all).

Top Bottom