• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Jintor

tpp twitter just posted this

BjYQu9uCUAAyvmH.jpg:large

gawd damn

the crazy thing about this run is that the Pokemon in it are easily ported 100% entirely right up to X/Y without any hacky converters or anything like the last two runs. So this team can be 100% ported to a X/Y WiFi team.

So I expect millions of whatever team we end with all over X/Y wifi for a few days afterwards.

the crazy thing about this run is that the Pokemon in it are easily ported 100% entirely right up to X/Y without any hacky converters or anything like the last two runs. So this team can be 100% ported to a X/Y WiFi team.

So I expect millions of whatever team we end with all over X/Y wifi for a few days afterwards.

Thats if people can actually port the file.

However there are probably people remaking the TTP teams in X/Y as we speak

Kensuke

This is by far the slowest start yet (not a complaint).

With Red it took 9h 12m to get the first badge. Crystal was even faster, 8h 5m. In fact, at 1d 5h 52m we already had 3 badges in that run.

Torchic is a sexy beast, but he can't fight.

This is by far the slowest start yet (not a complaint).

With Red it took 9h 12m to get the first badge. Crystal was even faster, 8h 5m. In fact, at 1d 5h 52m we already had 3 badges in that run.

Torchic is a sexy beast, but he can't fight.

He can, if we choose sand ember, that Geodude would be lava. We suck plain and simple.

Gsnap

Guess it's about time I start paying attention to this.

I doubt I'll watch the stream much though. It's so boring...

But these threads are great.

Whenever we get a chance, Lombre would be a great addition. He has good typing for our team and his evolution can't be cancelled.

Also he's a literal kappa, and that fits good with the Twitch theme

They can directly create the files for generation 5 and send them to Gen 6 through pokebank.

I'm talking about taking the exact team from the rom file (when the TPP run is done) and managing to get it into the trading/transferring stuff legitly. I do know people can go from Gen 3 all the way to Gen 6 via transfers. (Hell I plan to do that once I finish Black 2 and X)

I'm talking about taking the exact team from the rom file (when the TPP run is done) and managing to get it into the trading/transferring stuff legitly. I do know people can go from Gen 3 all the way to Gen 6 via transfers. (Hell I plan to do that once I finish Black 2 and X)

Some people will manage to create pokemon using something like Pokecheck with the appropriate IVs, that will be calculated, the proper ID#, etc.

I think we should stop running into the Rock wall that is Geodude and instead find a ladder that will enable us to conquer this task.

The ladder in this tortured extended metaphor is leveling up Marill on weaker pokemon until it learns water gun.

-Horizon-

Knives do become dull after stabbing a few people.
Anyone reading this without context of TPP will wonder lol

I think we should stop running into the Rock wall that is Geodude and instead find a ladder that will enable us to conquer this task.

The ladder in this tortured extended metaphor is leveling up Marill on weaker pokemon until it learns water gun.
So what you're saying is...rather than burn it, we drown it?

Some people will manage to create pokemon using something like Pokecheck with the appropriate IVs, that will be calculated, the proper ID#, etc.

So basically people can somehow take pokemon from a save file from an emulator and manage to transfer it through various means to gen 6?

I'm not talking about recreating the pokemon, talking about actual ripping/copying them off the file. (Which, since it's on the PC via emulator, duplication/cloning of the pokemon)

And even with the means to transfer them up, it's still doubtful that hordes of people would show up in X/Y with them as in my original reply.

So basically people can somehow take pokemon from a save file from an emulator and manage to transfer it through various means to gen 6?

I'm not talking about recreating the pokemon, talking about actual ripping/copying them off the file. (Which, since it's on the PC via emulator, duplication/cloning of the pokemon)

And even with the means to transfer them up, it's still doubtful that hordes of people would show up in X/Y with them as in my original reply.

Nope, but come on, you're asking for the near impossible

Crayolan

I see we have a good team and are training in the Forest, then come back 10 minutes later to find Poochy and Marill deposited again. The fuck, guys?

Nope, but come on, you're asking for the near impossible

edit - ah missed an important bit of context

Oh I'm aware, but how many are actually keen on constant transferring of pokemon through generations using the tools except the most rabid of pokemon fans. It's a limited base for sure.

Which still goes against my original question of seeing millions of the team in X/Y.

I'm sure we'll see plenty of identical rosters but yeah I don't see straight copies happening really outside of a handful of people, and clones of theirs

Well I'm of to bed, hopefully by the time I wake up we either:

Teached Dogeyena bite
Evolved sexy
Teach Marill a water attack
Catch a shroomish

Or anything that can help us defeat the guardian.

Top Bottom