• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
What exactly is going to be special about this randomization?

We're playing a FireRed randomizer next

Remember the Bill comic in that post

Here;s the follow-up

Ixb2Et4.png

From when we played catz
The emulator had no time based events, so the clock was stuck at 10PM (PARTY LIKE ITS 10PM). Later we glitched the cat to moonwalk for 7 hours strait. The viewership during that intermission went up.

dzbg5ka.jpg

EDIT2: Guys, 1st E4 run after a bunch of grinding. Let's see what happens

PBalfredo

EDIT2: Guys, 1st E4 run after a bunch of grinding. Let's see what happens

Not doing too hot so far. This run is a dub, but today the has inched their way up to the point where I'm wondering if I should go to sleep now and hope to wake up before they defeat the E4, or try staying up because it will happen sooner than later.

IHaveIce

Banned
I really am bored of this now.

The first game was interesting and a funny experiment, it also spawned fanart just by coincidence, but it feels like they only continued playing the games to force nore fanart since Crystal and everything forced feels awkward. Crystal and Emerald are not nearly as iteresting as the first one

Kensuke

Simply extending the deadline is an extremely boring solution. Now there is no need to finish the game any time soon. In fact, we should troll the streamer back and just wander around Hoenn for days. That way he can't start FireRed. :p

In all seriousness, I really think there should have been some kind of punishment for missing the deadline. The streamer kills one of the Pokemon in our party every 2 days, something like that.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Stream is down for a while now.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

That would be horrid.
To put this into perspective

Rollout's power turn 1 to 3 (without STAB)
30+60+120=210

Petal Dance, with STAB
135+135+135=405
135+135=270

Petal Dance's base power was 70 in Generation III. Which would make 105 with STAB.

105+105+105 = 315
105+105 = 210 = Rollout

PBalfredo

Our team is really starting to come together. Petal Dance is a great move. Brick Break has already proven useful on Annie, allowing her to get kills against Dark and Ice types, letting her level up. Once Doge becomes useful for more than just Intimidate, we're in business.

Our team is really starting to come together. Petal Dance is a great move. Brick Break has already proven useful on Annie, allowing her to get kills against Dark and Ice types, letting her level up. Once Doge becomes useful for more than just Intimidate, we're in business.

Shadow Ball+Crunch can/will knock out Phoebe's team

PBalfredo

The only pokemon on our team who hasn't found a role against the E4 is Graveler. While her rock type moves can be super effective against ice, she also takes super effective damage from ice. Rock typing also doesn't help against Ghost or Dark. She's at a good level, but not being fully evolved and lacking good defensive typing is keeping Graveler from being anything more than a termporary meat shield or Curse bait.

A-Team Sprites
8rPncAV.png

NoPenNameGirl said:
Like I promissed, here all the members of the A-Team as sprites!
M4 and Cabbage the White you all already saw, so, let's check the new content:
5'7: Bomb diffusion costume, like some people requested!
Tentacruel: Good and classic Kraken scene!
Mighty Doge: This Sub-reddit flair, with Bird Cop feather.
Annie: A mix of this Sub-Reddit flair with a personal touch. I think the name "Annie" looks like a very cheerful name!
If you all have some suggestion for modifications, just ask!
I hope all enjoy!

PBalfredo

The idea of teaching Rest to M4 is actually a pretty damn good one. If we can do it, it would be an excellent match to the type of pokemon she is, a huge HP tank. It would be very easy to survive the E4 then. The only threat would be Curse, but we've leveled up enough of our team to stave off the ghosts before bringing M4 out.

The idea of teaching Rest to M4 is actually a pretty damn good one. If we can do it, it would be an excellent match to the type of pokemon she is, a huge HP tank. It would be very easy to survive the E4 then. The only threat would be Curse, but we've leveled up enough of our team to stave off the ghosts before bringing M4 out.

If only Rollout wasnt the one move we could replace

Iffy on the idea

EDIT: Read through, deleting rock smash makes it better, but Im only supporting it if we're still i democracy after deleting rock smash

If only Rollout wasnt the one move we could replace

Iffy on the idea
Going to the Move Deleter to get rid of Rock Smash might be really risky, but it's possible in democracy.
If we end up deleting rollout the run is doomed.

PBalfredo

Going to the Move Deleter to get rid of Rock Smash might be really risky, but it's possible in democracy.
If we end up deleting rollout the run is doomed.

We'll be fine if we delete Rollout. We already did that before, remember? Rollout can be relearned from a Move Tutor.

There is virtually no risk. We can relearn Rollout. We can relearn any of the HM moves. Worse case scenario is we teach M4 Rest but somehow delete/overwrite it, putting us back to exactly where we were before.

Top Bottom