• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two California elementary school students might have contracted leprosy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to the commercials by pharmaceutical companies. While it's not a reality at all, I think that hearing

"If you think you have Leprosy, talk to your doctor about Leprodone. Side effects are rare, but may include headache, diarrhea, inability to sleep, inability to stay awake, sexual disfunction, glaucoma, death, death by dying, and death by shitting."

or something like that would make me crane my neck.

Lorcain

http://www.hrsa.gov/hansensdisease/
Without nerve involvement, Hansen's disease (leprosy) is a minor skin disease.
Seeing leprosy depicted in movies and shows, and in novels, scared the shit out of me growing up. So it doesn't rot people's skin and disfigure them with black sores? I'm having a hard time understanding why it would be considered a minor skin disease if it could do that someone if left untreated.

pa22word

Seeing leprosy depicted in movies and shows, and in novels, scared the shit out of me growing up. So it doesn't rot people's skin and disfigure them with black sores? I'm having a hard time understanding why it would be considered a minor skin disease if it could do that someone if left untreated.

Idk about you, but I'm pretty sure Medicine has kind of advanced in the last thousand years or so.

Monocle

If it make you feel any better, the researchers have no clue how it is spread. I know that armadillos carry it in their mucus and it's no airborne.
So what you're saying is people should stop making out with random armadillos, just in case? That's a tall order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom