• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
twoworlds2ot01.jpg

Release dates:

Windows, Mac OS X
NA January 1, 2011
EU November 9, 2010

Xbox 360
NA January 1, 2011
EU November 12, 2010

PlayStation 3
NA January 1, 2011
EU TBA 2011

Despite not being released yet in NA, the game can be purchased by NA gamers via GamersGate if a proxy is used to connect to their site:
wwm0nkey said:
Ok then pretty simple tutorial but take THIS URL and enter it into a german proxy. Here is one.

Or you should just be able to follow THIS LINK and be able to buy it too.

Im going to buy it later, I start my new job tomorrow so hopefully I can get the money soon :lol

EDIT: Oh also if you didnt know there is also English audio rather than just text.

System Requirements:

Intel or AMD Single-Core Prozessor (2,0 GHz)
1 GB RAM (2 GB for Windows Vista and 7)
Windows XP
Radeon HD, Geforce 8800GT (Shader 3.0 and 512 MB RAM)
Mouse, Keyboard, DVD-Drive, Sound card
Internet connection for Multiplayer
DirectX 9.0c or OpenGL
8 GB hard drive space

PR:

GamersGate said:
Return to the vast world of Antaloor in Two Worlds II. Building upon the original game, Two Worlds II offers the willing adventurer a unique and thrilling RPG experience unrivalled in current RPG landscape. Two Worlds II features a completely new game engine pushing hardware to its limits, as well as a revised combat system, new enemies, improved animations and an enhanced AI. This combined with the extremely detailed, interactive environment will be sure to make Two Worlds II a must-have title for RPG fans.

Two Worlds II Download Features

Extensive Character Development system – a huge skill tree giving the player total control over their class and how they want to play
C.R.A.F.T Tool – upgrade items from basic components; with a little time, a player can turn an ordinary weapon into one of legend
D.E.M.O.N.S Magic System – enables users to create their own spells resulting in thousands of unique spells
Unique combat options – combining different melee attacks and an active blocking system with thousands of weapon, armor and class types, alongside mounted combat, duel wielding and dirty tricks
Huge Multiplayer Element – 8 player raids, PvP tournaments and Co-Op action deliver unlimited replay-ability
Village Mode – Build and take care of your own village, craft epic weapons, complete village only quests and invite your friends to see your handiwork

Screenshots (care of DennisK4 and chris-013):

twoworlds2ot02.jpg

twoworlds2ot03.jpg

twoworlds2ot04.jpg

Video (care of DennisK4):

Assassination: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrsBTt0lVy0

Melee combat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfKsHjD_TRk

Scenery: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djAbv4Cg810

Magic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Kv9F_3Cdo

timkunedo

absolutely can't wait. Will probably go the gamersgate route after all of the great reviews/impressions and my impatience.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
pje122 said:
Certainly looks impressive... but is it actually good this time...?
So far the initial reviews have mostly been 90%+ with a few in the upper 80's.

GAF impressions have been positive as well.

Amneisac

I'm going to try to wait it out until the NA release. I've got so many games to play right now it's a little silly. I'm super excited for this though, definitely looks like my kind of game. Kind of a Sacred meets WoW meets Oblivion?

DaBuddaDa

pje122 said:
Certainly looks impressive... but is it actually good this time...?
I think the lowest review score out of about 6 or 7 reviews is an 88/100. The others are 90-92%. They're all German though so I don't have any links. GAF impressions are very positive so far.

pje122

DaBuddaDa said:
I think the lowest review score out of about 6 or 7 reviews is an 88/100. The others are 90-92%. They're all German though so I don't have any links. GAF impressions are very positive so far.
Exactly...

N.A

Banned
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-11-sony-has-two-worlds-ii-pub-hopping-mad

The Two Worlds II release saga continues: now Euro publisher TopWare/Zuxxez is "hopping mad" with Sony because the PS3 version of the game wasn't made on time.

Everything was paid upfront, TopWare/Zuxxez CEO Dirk Hassinger explained on the Zuxxez forum (reported by Eurogamer Germany) - but a bunch of "lazy buggers" at Sony meant Tuesday's European Two Worlds II launch only happened on PC and Xbox 360.

"The PS3 version wasn't delivered on schedule for release. We can choose our pressing plant for PC and 360, but unfortunately not for PS3. I'd preferably post the email and phone number of the lady responsible at Sony here," threatened Hassinger. "We're hopping mad!"

He went on to muse what a press release - which can't be released until Sony says so - would say. Something like, "Sony needs too much time for the production because mainly lazy buggers are working there."

The ramifications of this outburst mean Sony may pull the PS3 version of Two Worlds II. Apparently Hassinger is aware of this.

Initial reaction to Two Worlds II has been overwhelmingly positive. Eurogamer Germany deemed the PC version of the fantasy role-playing game worthy of 9/10.

In October, Eurogamer revealed that Two Worlds II wouldn't make Christmas in the UK (or the US). SouthPeak handles the game here and decided that Two Worlds II wouldn't get "the shelf space it deserves" among the busy Christmas release schedule. The new target is "just after Christmas".

I wonder what could have caused the hold up with disc production?
Gran Turismo 5 causing more problems

So the PC version has 360 controller support? (unless thats the 360 version in those screen shots... I don't think its the 360 version)

Does it work well on a pad?

Median

If I purchase this using my NA Gamersgate account, will I be able to re-download it later on? Or do I have to make another account?

Double D

The appearance of this thread is really the first time I have ever acknowledged either of the Two Worlds games, but that it mainly because I only ever heard terrible things about the first one. Lets get down to the brass tacks here - Is this a competent Oblivion clone? I'd be happy if the answer is yes.

Minsc

Gold Member
Amazing screens, can't wait to get this and run through that breathtaking scenery!

Hopefully there's rain, storms, snow and other variety in the weather/terrain too, though the lush hills and forests I've seen have all been very welcoming.

Dennis

Banned
Vik_Vaughn said:
The appearance of this thread is really the first time I have ever acknowledged either of the Two Worlds games, but that it mainly because I only ever heard terrible things about the first one. Lets get down to the brass tacks here - Is this a competent Oblivion clone? I'd be happy if the answer is yes.
Two Worlds II is a better game than Oblivion. Much better.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So I take it that this game is only good on PC? Asking cause I played the less than stellar 360 demo.

edit: Oh wait, nvm, that was Gothic 4, I played. The UI looked kinda similar.

vixlar

I'm reading the Systems Requirements... that's impossible!!!

I know that's the minimum and won't see as good as the screenshoots with a rig like that. But come on, teorically it could run in my laptop :-S Now I only need that Xbox 360 controller adaptor or a wired 360 controller.

I just started playing for a couple of hours, rest assured this game in no way relates to the the first game's quality, what a huge improvement. :lol

I love the camera and controls, still testing out the combat, I only have melee weapons, it's fine so far.

What I can say for sure atm is that this game is by far the most stunningly beautiful rpg ever created. No contest actually, no game comes close.

HamPster PamPster said:
So the PC version has 360 controller support? (unless thats the 360 version in those screen shots... I don't think its the 360 version)

Does it work well on a pad?
Yes. Works perfectly.

Dennis

Banned
L0st Id3ntity said:
What I can say for sure atm is that this game is by far the most stunningly beautiful rpg ever created. No contest actually, no game comes close.
Quoting and bolding for truth. It isn't just me.

vixlar said:
I'm reading the Systems Requirements... that's impossible!!!
To think what the game could lool like if aimed specifically at high-end GPUs....

Corto

Damn you GT5!!!! Even when I try to forget you by some moments and spike my interest in a completely different game your horrid delayed head comes up to ruin it all. :lol

Edit: I really need a PC. Damn at those screens!

Naeblish

I haven't played the game yet, but from reading i get
  • Huge open world
  • Incredible optimized engine
  • Best looking RPG to date
  • Deep customization systems (crafting, magic)
  • Multiple multiplayer modes (co-op, pvp)
  • Mmorpg type village mode
  • Multi-platform (pc, x360, ps3)
Combine that with the positive reactions so far and wow, huge respect for the developers going from Two worlds to this!

mintylurb

DennisK4 said:
http://www.abload.de/img/twoworlds22010-11-1102lbbg.jpg[/url]
That looks pretty sweet. My pc is mainly for playing civ 4/5 but I might have to get this. What kind of drm does it use?

Klyka

Banned
Ok I hated the first one but all the reviews,videos and impressions have got me to pick this up in the next few days.

How does the multiplayer on PC work?

vixlar

mintylurb said:
That looks pretty sweet. My pc is mainly for playing civ 4/5 but I might have to get this. What kind of drm does it use?
Hehe, My Lap is only for playing Civ 4 and WOW. I have some expectations that it could run Two Worlds II. If not, well, Xbox360.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
3 hours in now. This is easily, and I mean by a fucking county mile, my GOTY 2010. It beats Oblivion (which I worship and spent 300+ hours across two systems playing) at its own game. It's fluid, runs spectacularly well, the story is interesting (although I haven't gotten to the meat of it yet, I sense) and highly polished.

The world itself is stunning in detail. Birds singing, grass waving in the wind and reacting to your movements. Archery is a viable path, which is an oddity in games like this it seems. I've found myself relying on it as close combat was tough for me until I found a good shield.

The crafting and upgrade mechanic is fantastic. Basically, you can bust up found items into their base components and upgrade your existing equipment on the fly, no forge needed, can be done anywhere. All you need is the required components and skill. The magic system is fantastic, allowing for tons of customizable configurations.

The game plays perfectly with the 360 controller. About the only problems I've seen is two crashes now, each time when I took a screenshot, and once a cutscene didn't load properly forcing a restart of the game. That's it. Otherwise, it's been a great experience.

Dennis

Banned
Diseased Yak said:
3 hours in now. This is easily, and I mean by a fucking county mile, my GOTY 2010. It beats Oblivion (which I worship and spent 300+ hours across two systems playing) at its own game.
The bar has been raised so fucking high for Elder Scrolls V

This game is my 2010 GOTY - even over Mass Effect 2

Diseased Yak said:
The game plays perfectly with the 360 controller.
Yes

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Looking forward to this on PC, should be able to get it looking pretty fucking nice. Hopefully the mod community will embrace it as much as they have Oblivion.

Naeblish

Woa easy guys, now i gotta keep my hype in check, can't play this till saturday. Quick, someone post a really ugly screenshot!

Moobabe

So - talk me through the multiplayer, specifically the co-op and raiding - that'll be the decisive factor for me I think.

Corto

Ok... I now need to get out of this thread before I commit financial suicide and buy the PC that I'm eye-balling for some time to play this game. You guys with all your hype are making this really difficult. :D

Alucrid

Banned
I actually enjoyed the first game despite all the problems. Definitely a pick up if it's as good as the hype suggests.

Loudninja

Sounds fantastic, the game has alot of nice online modes as well
The online mode is expansive, with eight-player PvP duels (ranging from 4v4 to free for all bloodbaths), a separate co-op campaign that supports eight players as well as a unique quest and environments, and a “Village” mode where you can grow and evolve your own fantasy-RPG city. In the Village mode, you’ll be able to invite your PSN friends to visit your town and share their specific talents with your townspeople, be it leather crafting or weaponsmithing. Guild support for online play is also a go.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/07/09/e3-encounters-two-worlds-ii-for-ps3/
Really incredible.

Huge Multiplayer Element – 8 player raids, PvP tournaments and Co-Op action deliver unlimited replay-ability
Village Mode – Build and take care of your own village, craft epic weapons, complete village only quests and invite your friends to see your handiwork

Wait what? This game has multiplayer? /mind blown....

Any impressions of that so far from those of you guys that have played it?

edit:..thanks loudninja..

Karak

Not only is the game amazing in pretty much every way.

But how they got it to look this good and post CRAZY high FPS is beyond me. THis game looks better than almost every other game out there and runs at nearly double the FPS. I kept running the counters to see how it was possible. Jezuz.

This is either:
  • The most optimized game engine ever
  • Made by fairys and sprinkled with magic tear dust

syllogism

The plot/acting/writing is pretty cheesy and the combat, especially until you unlock more abilities, is a bit of a click/ai abuse fest. I'm liking the game a lot though, just wanted to highlight some possible negatives. Also I wouldn't have too high hopes for the multiplayer modes.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
First game I avoided so this wasn't exactly on my radar, but Jesus. Those videos are ridiculous, Dennis.

I'm loving all these Euro RPGs lately.

Dennis

Banned
Advice: don't panic if you run into enemies that should be easy but seem to take no damage. Some enemies like Necris (skeletons) are immune to damage from sharp-edged weapons like swords. They can be defeated with maces and clubs or magic.

Klyka

Banned
SO the co-op campaign is seperate and is not the full main game?

And the village you build is only in a separate multiplayer element and NOT in the single player campaign? that about right?

bloke

Vik_Vaughn said:

Two Worlds 2 is Gothic-like game, just like Risen and Divinity2, I'd put Oblivion/Morrowind in different category...

Anyway TW2 has improved in almost every level over the first game, especially when it comes to graphics and overall atmosphere, though I still don't like that clunky interface and melee combat feels kinda laggy to me....like I already mentioned games like Risen, Divinity2 and even Arcania did better job there.

Karak

The lighting...the lighting.
Fighting skeletons with a sword and torch, reveales the cracks in the skeletons heads, as light passes through the cracks to the walls behind them.

I only noticed after taking a screenshot. I kept staring at it in complete amazement.
How the "F" can a company so handily turn around.

I have to say...ME2 was my Game of the Year. But...I after 20+ hours of this...I am seriously have a hard time deciding if this replaces it. The story isn't as good but man...everything else.
The amount of customization is in excess of games known for it such as Torchlight or others with random loot. You can...do so much.

Top Bottom