• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Good to see that we have an official thread. Got the impression that i will come here often in the next coming weeks.

Vik_Vaughn said:
Is this a competent Oblivion clone?

It's not an Oblivion clone. Visualy it's much better. The world size is bigger i think. More like Morrowind size judging by the map. I spent the entire first 8 hours only on the tiny island (compared to the other islands) where the game begins. Melee combat and magic is much much better then in Oblivion.

The game itself is not completely as free and do whatever you want as Oblivion. It's very far from a linear RPG too tho. It's structured a bit like a GTA game for comparison.

bloke said:
melee combat feels kinda laggy to me....

That changed for me when i improved my character and crafted a kickass weapon. It feels much fluider now and i can take on multiple enemies at the same time without a problem.

Ceebs

I caved last night and picked it up. Just played through the intro and was released on the first island. The game looks fantastic. If you were wondering about performance fear not. I am hovering around 45-65 FPS outside at 1440X900 on a X2 500 CPU @ 3.1 GHZ and a 4870 with all the settings in the menu at max. It heats my video card up like a sun however.

No Quick save option I can find when using a 360 pad though. Also the in game Vsync does nothing.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
PC Purchase. Thanks for the link and instructions up there! Hopefully my midrange rig (lol Intel Core 2 Duo at 1.86) can run it well. Now if only my 360 Wireless Adapter arrived dammit :lol

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Ceebs said:
Also the in game Vsync does nothing.

Really? I'm seeing no tearing at all with it turned on. Doesn't mean it isn't doing anything, though, I could just not be getting tearing. I'm super sensitive to tearing so I'd see it. Odd it doesn't work for ya.

Did anyone else get their asses handed to them the first time they encounter Varns? I ended up kiting them around with the bow. You really do need to level up and upgrade equipment, even on Medium, I'm finding. I can handle them fine now in melee range, but I'm finding that I like archery so much that I'm sticking with that. Nothing like taking fools out from so far away you can barely see them.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ACE 1991 said:
So is there a distinct chance that this game will be great?

I could totally go for more open-world fantasy RPG's.

Hey it received so much feedback I had to get it :lol What's the worst that can happen? Another GAF Hivemind fail? =P.

Ceebs

Diseased Yak said:
Really? I'm seeing no tearing at all with it turned on. Doesn't mean it isn't doing anything, though, I could just not be getting tearing. I'm super sensitive to tearing so I'd see it. Odd it doesn't work for ya.

Did anyone else get their asses handed to them the first time they encounter Varns? I ended up kiting them around with the bow. You really do need to level up and upgrade equipment, even on Medium, I'm finding. I can handle them fine now in melee range, but I'm finding that I like archery so much that I'm sticking with that. Nothing like taking fools out from so far away you can barely see them.
It's not frequent tearing, but I did catch it just a few times. Gonna force it through tray tools to see if that helps.

wwm0nkey

I was able to buy this game...having so much fun with it so far, the graphics are great and the gameplay is awesome. Only 3 hours in but I love it.

LOVE going into peoples houses and stealing everything :lol

Also I like how it doesn't tell you where some people are, makes it more interesting and makes you explore more. This so far is a 10/10 game for me.

Trickster

Randy said:
I'm there too, but the damn ostriches don't drop the much-needed quest items...

Anyway, amazing game!

Need to kill the ones that are in a certain area, just set that quest as the active one and it'll show you where on the map.

Anyway, here are 4 screenshots :)

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee154/scwasp/SCREEN_0006.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee154/scwasp/SCREEN_0020.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee154/scwasp/SCREEN_0022.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee154/scwasp/SCREEN_0025.jpg

Dennis

Banned
You know you are playing on Hard when you have to run from a Warthog on the Savannah :lol

Also, what exactly are the Baboon enemies flinging at you? Maybe I don't want to know.....

Haven't done too much research on this game but it looks great. I'm all about the inventory; how is it in this game? I read a few things about crafting, but I usually like grinding to find the best items. Is there an epic/unique style or at least weapons that are really good without modifying them?

Amir0x

Banned
So I should get this game? Your shots look amazing Dennis2k4. The first Two Worlds was, like, one of the most painful gaming experiences of that year, so I need to really be convinced :lol

koji

Lol at thread title, picking up my retail Royal Edition in the store tomorrow. Drowning in good EUROrpgs, what is happening to the world... :lol

Dresden

The first Two Worlds was awful, but all the positive impressions--and the gorgeous screens--are making me consider it. Wow.

Raide

Amir0x said:
So I should get this game? Your shots look amazing Dennis2k4. The first Two Worlds was, like, one of the most painful gaming experiences of that year, so I need to really be convinced :lol

:lol

I am in the same boat. The first game was painful to play. Seeing all these high scores still makes me sceptical but I am open to the prospect that the 2nd game might actually be damn good. :lol

syllogism

vareon said:
Sounds awesome. Can anyone talk about the character creation in the game?
You gain skill/attribute points when you level up and for doing things (lockpick, kill enemies, craft etc.), which you can then spend whenever you please, though you've to unlock the skill first by finding a skill book. Some of the skills don't appear all that useful, but I think there's no level cap and you'll get tons of skill points eventually so it's not a big deal.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Damn you, NeoGAF.

Stop putting awesome looking games on my radar. I'm trying to save some money here.

ajf009

never even heard of the first one, but this looks really impressive. Screenshot look downright sexy. But like someone else on here said, is it actually a good game?

The multiplayer stuff might sell me on this game.

Need some more impressions, or video. Couldn't find any with a search for "Two Words II multiplayer" but I guess some will get recorded eventually after the game has been out for a bit longer than a few days.

Looks better than Gothic 4 in any event.

Ceebs

The foliage is great and all but the most impressive thing so far for me is the lighting and how it effects shadows.

Take a look at this screen and look at the orc's shadow on the wall. It grows and changes position based on his movement relative to all the the lighting in the room. It's sorta subtle but it adds so much to the look of the game.

http://www.abload.de/img/tw2x6md.png

Amneisac

Ceebs said:
The foliage is great and all but the most impressive thing so far for me is the lighting and how it effects shadows.

Take a look at this screen and look at the orc's shadow on the wall. It grows and changes position based on his movement relative to all the the lighting in the room. It's sorta subtle but it adds so much to the look of the game.

http://www.abload.de/img/tw2x6md.png

The first thing I noticed was the sword clipping through the anvil.

Concept17

Was watching a stream last night of it. Everything looks fantastic. Animations are the worst part of the game, but are passable. Stealth kills look extremely satisfying. I'll be picking this up on PC the day it comes out in the states. (or whenever it lands on Steam)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I always wanted to try a WRPG, i wonder how bad the PS3 version is.

AllIsOneIsNone said:
I read a few things about crafting, but I usually like grinding to find the best items. Is there an epic/unique style or at least weapons that are really good without modifying them?

You still find the best items by grinding. Then you break up all the other loot into pieces and use them to improve your favourite gear even further. Some of the stuff that you find is already improved to some degree.

What you also can do is take out the crystals from a boss weapon if you don't like it and put them on your favourite weapon instead. Or you can melt multiple crytals to form even more powerful ones.

Top Bottom