• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Replaying this on PS3 through gamefly after beating it on 360. Sadly, I had to abandon my magic build because the game starts so hard. Now that I am slaying shit left and right with melee again, I'm afraid it will be hard to go back once I get enough cards. Any good guides to using magic most effectively? Your own tips would be awromse as well.

I only ever tried melee combat in the original. The expansion lets you create a new high level character (warrior, ranger or mage specific) stacked with unspent talent points and equipment. So I might use that for experimenting with different character builds.

Read a mini guide, respeced my character, and went on a hyena and dog men killing tour for 10 minutes summoning and throwing homing rockets everywhere. Decided to tackle a quest. Enter a house, get slaughtered without being able to cast a single spell. Repeat 7 times. Loaded up previous warrior save and continued from there.

Fuck magic.

So rolling with a ranged character for the first time in the expansion wasn't such a good idea.

I was trying to make my way through an enclosed cemetery with zombies and skeletons rushing me. A lot of potions and sprinting was used. I did find a sweet looking crossbow, although it takes about 5 years to load a damn bolt. The final challenge was a sealed enclosure about the size of a small room with more fucking ghouls rushing me and me trying to load a crossbow. :<

A new tactic is needed I think.

Ricker

What is it with those western/Euro RPG`s like Risen and this and the end Bosses...I played 50 hours of this pretty good game and for the final fight,I have to use/fire a fucking ballista...?,something I never used or saw in the entire game...nevermind my 40 levels that I gained and the armor I improved and the melee mace that I forged and slotted with crystals and the like,I did all this for nothing because I have to use a ballista...jesus fucking christ. :p

Xena

I have a question, is this game somewhat like Sacred 2? I played it a few weeks ago and loved it. Is the world huge like that too?

I saw the game for cheap and I'm really inclined to get it, but just wondering what kind of game it is first...

Ricker

seabee said:
I have a question, is this game somewhat like Sacred 2? I played it a few weeks ago and loved it. Is the world huge like that too?

I saw the game for cheap and I'm really inclined to get it, but just wondering what kind of game it is first...

No,it`s more like Oblivion,Risen and the like...yes it`s huge and there is tons of sidequests to do,exploration etc etc...

Ricker

lastplayed said:
So rolling with a ranged character for the first time in the expansion wasn't such a good idea.

I was trying to make my way through an enclosed cemetery with zombies and skeletons rushing me. A lot of potions and sprinting was used. I did find a sweet looking crossbow, although it takes about 5 years to load a damn bolt. The final challenge was a sealed enclosure about the size of a small room with more fucking ghouls rushing me and me trying to load a crossbow. :<

A new tactic is needed I think.

The expansion finally showed up on the XBox Live Marketplace this week...even though I hated the end game Boss fight,I liked Two Worlds II....can you use your character from the first in the expansion or start a new guy? how long is it?....I`m tempted to get it but it`s 30 bucks(2400ms points)on the Marketplace.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
RANT:
I've had it with this games shitty ass end-boss.

Who ever thought i twas a great Idea not to have checkpoints nor the ability to save in-between waves of lava creatures, can go drown themselves.

Fucking ridiculous to build a style of character all the way to the end of the game and have to rely on some shitty ass ballista, then repeat over and over cuz 3 lava guys inevitably block your ability to get out of the way of the 4 firebombs every 15seconds and you die from not being able to move.

What a shitty way to end a game and leave real sour note to the whole experience.

Uninstalling and deleting savegames, never gonna be tempted to ever try that again.
/RANT

Joe Molotov

Lucky Forward said:
When you bring up your inventory screen, what does the little animated hammer and anvil on a piece of equipment indicate?

It means you can have enough materials and skill level to upgrade it.

TemplaerDude said:
So I bought this on the PS3. I have one question: Is there a climb button? For serious.
Nope.

Just bought the pirates expansion, awesome so far. Love the subtle twists to the music and I can tell the quests are going to be very interesting.

Ricker said:
The expansion finally showed up on the XBox Live Marketplace this week...even though I hated the end game Boss fight,I liked Two Worlds II....can you use your character from the first in the expansion or start a new guy? how long is it?....I`m tempted to get it but it`s 30 bucks(2400ms points)on the Marketplace.
You start a new guy but you pick between warrior, mage and archer. He starts somewhere around level 40 and with a ton of extra points for you to put into skills as you see fit.

Can't speak to how long it is, I just started yesterday. Seems meaty though.

Effect

Can't believe I'm about to double dip on this but sorta need to. This is one of the few PC games I have that has a console port. Never finished the PC game but I'm trying to move what titles I can, for the least amount of money, to the console if there is an option since I'm done with PC gaming outside of Starcraft. PS3 is the only option for me as I don't pay for Xbox Live Gold and would like to take advantage of the online mode. If only just to create my own town as I had fun messing arounding with that.

How is the combat in the console version compared to the PC version? That is if anyone has played both. I found combat to be pretty fast and easy to die in the PC version. Divinity 2 was the same way for me. Is it just as easy to die on the console or are things different?

Thanks

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Sorry for the bump but I saw this mod mentioned on RPGWatch and thought some people might be interested.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=18550
Worldmerge - though done without SDK/Toolkit - combines the Two World 2 main campaign, the eleven multiplayer adventure maps and the whole Pirates of Flying Fortress Expansion into one coherent, newly balanced singleplayer gameworld. It ties everything together with a very long new questline sending you all around the world of Antaloor, even to the most hidden corners. You will find three new difficulty levels (Novice, Expert and Master) with various tweaks and enhancements, each for a female or male player character, that bring a lot of extra challenge. In addition to that many great mods by gifted modders from the Two Worlds 2 community are included (see details below). The singleplayer game time (compared to the 45+ hours of TW2+PotFF) is easily extended by more than 15 extra hours (25+ if you choose the Master Difficulty).
http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=40153

Also, is it me or does this game look better than Skyrim in some pretty significant ways... I haven't touched it in a while (what an awful ending/boss btw) but yeah, it was super smooth, polished and very detailed in an up close and personal way rather than merely having a vast landscape that looks best from a distance...

Dennis

Banned
Sorry for the bump but I saw this mod mentioned on RPGWatch and thought some people might be interested.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=18550

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=40153

Also, is it me or does this game look better than Skyrim in some pretty significant ways... I haven't touched it in a while (what an awful ending/boss btw) but yeah, it was super smooth, polished and very detailed in an up close and personal way rather than merely having a vast landscape that looks best from a distance...

Very cool mod.

And yes in some aspects Two Worlds II looks better than Skyrim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZRwEFpr3KQ

Woo-Fu

Banned
That mod sounds great. I just picked up the expansion and was trying to figure out if I should start a new character or use my main campaign character. Suppose putting that mod on and starting a new character/game is the way to go.

I really enjoyed the game the first time through. I did cheese the combat system by dual-wielding two very quick blunt weapons for most of the game, admittedly. :p

Log4Girlz

Sorry for the bump, but I've decided to write a few opinions about the game lol.

The game is fairly pretty, though sometimes the style can be all over the place. Nice textures (some great), nice character models (especially faces). I also love how many NPC's can be around in a city...makes it feel more alive.

Great upgrade system...looting old, obsolete weapons and armor is not a pain at all, since they can be recycled. I actually can't wait to find some old hammers or whatnot to get me some iron.

Really fun lock picking mechanic. The tougher the lock, the more fun it is.

Horrible voice acting, to the point that I would just prefer all text.

I'm 35 hours in and have no idea how close to the end I am. The story opened well, had a good pace, then fell off a cliff. WTF is going on? What am I doing? Its easy to forget. I'm in chapter 2.

Everything is bordered by rocks. This is not an open game world. All areas are corralled...annoyingly so. There are teleporters everywhere...with little thought on their placement...meaning they look like they were just tossed on the ground. Would be nice if they were like mini-temples or something cool looking.

You begin in a european setting, typical of this type of game...only to be very quickly whisked away to some african setting that suddenly doesn't fit. Its weird to be fighting ostriches, warthogs, cheetahs (though no lions) Then its off to an eastern style land...again the style is a jarring change. Espeically when most NPC's are still white europeans.

There is not a great variety of enemy models.

Combat has become a cake walk. Sure, I'm not playing on hard...I usually don't, but its no excuse for being a cake walk. I recently got this monstrously powerful hammer, as I upgrade it...man I swear I'm Thor.

Overall its a pretty fun game, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it until sometime in the future...I think I want to move on.

HELP!!! I'm playing the Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion, and I'm
on this subconscious boss with these 4 altars and have no idea what to do. I read somewhere you have to destroy them with melee but my character's a ranged weapons guy.
Am I totally hosed or what?

Sorry for the bump but I Picked this up yesterday for £9 on the pc hoping it would be like the first which was equal parts awesome/awful.
Man It just confuses me.. so I did a few quests to the point I had to retrive some teleport dodad.

I get it and proceed to kill my way across the island looking for new stuff.
I then get to the point where I kill 3 dudes in a row easy then take a left down a path to find 3 similar fellows.
They run over and smash they absolute shit out of me! reloaded 4 times with the same results.
Ok ill go in this cave..
Dude smashes me to bits while I seemingly poke him like a bee.
I ran around for abit more and the same results, I did manage to kite kill one guy that gave me a level 7 sword so I guess im like 3 levels too low?

After this I gave up and carried on with the main quest , I ended up in what appears to be Africa and got killed by a rhino and a warthog. Apparently I have to kill some ostriches and take out their insides for mint leaves or something.

wait WHAT!?

Also the audio just seems to cutoff randomly but to be honest I have no idea what the fuck people are talking about most of the time.

I have a feeling I should have spent the extra £7 and got The Witcher 2.. or £5 and got Risen.

Keep playing, it'll grow on you. Be sure to turn off the camera shake, the motion blur and knock down the DOF to 1.

Yeah suggestions on setting would be nice!pretty sure I can max it on my laptop but jesus lord all mighty the UI is bad for one thing.

I will keep playing just takes some adjusting control wise and so on!

CatPee

Man, despite all the jank, I'm hopelessly addicted to this game right now. There's just that certain something about it that makes it so adoring to play.

Sorry for the bump but I Picked this up yesterday for £9 on the pc hoping it would be like the first which was equal parts awesome/awful.
Man It just confuses me.. so I did a few quests to the point I had to retrive some teleport dodad.

I get it and proceed to kill my way across the island looking for new stuff.
I then get to the point where I kill 3 dudes in a row easy then take a left down a path to find 3 similar fellows.
They run over and smash they absolute shit out of me! reloaded 4 times with the same results.
Ok ill go in this cave..
Dude smashes me to bits while I seemingly poke him like a bee.
I ran around for abit more and the same results, I did manage to kite kill one guy that gave me a level 7 sword so I guess im like 3 levels too low?

After this I gave up and carried on with the main quest , I ended up in what appears to be Africa and got killed by a rhino and a warthog. Apparently I have to kill some ostriches and take out their insides for mint leaves or something.

wait WHAT!?

Also the audio just seems to cutoff randomly but to be honest I have no idea what the fuck people are talking about most of the time.

I have a feeling I should have spent the extra £7 and got The Witcher 2.. or £5 and got Risen.

The nice thing about this game is that there's no enemy scaling bullshit. You start off weak as hell and there are plenty of things that you can't make a scratch against, even a little ways into the game. Like Neuromancer said, it'll grow on you as it did to me.

Log4Girlz

I played about 40 hours and stopped playing. I'll eventually get back into it. I absolutely love the upgrade system...you never need to worry about picking up a weapon...and the lock picking is fun. Part 3 if ever made has a tremendous potential.

I played about 40 hours and stopped playing. I'll eventually get back into it. I absolutely love the upgrade system...you never need to worry about picking up a weapon...and the lock picking is fun. Part 3 if ever made has a tremendous potential.

My sentiments exactly. And I too quit around 40 or 50 hours I think (PS3). Regretfully I traded it in for credit towards Skyrim. And now I don't play Skyrim either.

Log4Girlz

My sentiments exactly. And I too quit around 40 or 50 hours I think (PS3). Regretfully I traded it in for credit towards Skyrim. And now I don't play Skyrim either.

Skyrim hooked me good. I think the disjointed, corralled locations put me off to TWT. When done well, I don't mind being in a corral, but this game was just lined with massive boulders everywhere. Also, starting in a coniferous northern area only to immediately leave to basically Africa (leaving out most of the cool animals), then off to China...just felt way off.

Skyrim hooked me good. I think the disjointed, corralled locations put me off to TWT. When done well, I don't mind being in a corral, but this game was just lined with massive boulders everywhere. Also, starting in a coniferous northern area only to immediately leave to basically Africa (leaving out most of the cool animals), then off to China...just felt way off.

That's crazy. I didn't even get past the first big city after the opening island. I just fucked around with side-quests and leveling for forty hours.

Apparently I still have a lot of this game to see!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Ugh. I don't know if this is a bug or not but I cannot for the life of me change the active quest. Which is annoying.

Tess3ract

Banned
On the first little island you're on, there's a crashed ship with a locked chest to the northeast, how do I unlock it? It wont let me pick it.

Tizoc

So this game is going for $10 on US PSN and $5 for Plus. Is it worth getting, how's the gameplay and framerate on the PS3 ver.?

So this game is going for $10 on US PSN and $5 for Plus. Is it worth getting, how's the gameplay and framerate on the PS3 ver.?

I picked it up for the $5, and I feel it was money well spent. I might have been pissed had I paid sixty bones for this game, but at $5 it's hard not to get your money's worth. I am having fun with it so far, at least! Frame rate seems a bit spotty during scripted encounters of all things.

I've got a question. Why is the Pirates of the Flying Fortress DLC so expensive on the American store compared with the UK one? It's $30 compared to £4. I bought the game off eBay a while ago, but it turned out to be an American copy. Worked fine on my PS3, but it presents the problem of not being able to play any DLC bought off the UK store.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
A long shot, I realize...
However, is there anyone out there willing to help me boost the online-only trophies?
I'm about done solo'ing the online adventuring missions, but the more competitive ones truly are online-only, I believe.

Please feel free to PM me if you're up for a couple of rounds...

Noone's posted in this thread in forever but there's no lltp thread or anything so I'm asking here.

I need some advice on the combat

enemies seem to just keep blocking forever (immediately after block break too)
Me blocking and counter attacking doesn't seem viable so far as I still take a lot of dmg while blocking.

Being a caster doesn't seem to work early in the game either as mobs just pummel on me and interupt casts.

I've done about 5 mage guild quests atm and am at the second town to give you an idea of how far in I am.

I can't call my horse unless it's super nearby? Seems to kind of defeat the point of there being one in the game as it's a chore to keep it around

Also anyone have any alchemy tips?

Top Bottom