• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

maxxpower

FunkyPajamas said:
Thanks for the answer, and awesome avatar btw.

Didn't know it was a separate mode though. Hopefully you won't mind a few more questions:

1. Does it use the character (skills, experience, inventory) progression from the single player or is it a separate save/character?
2. Is it possible to trade items/weapons/armor with friends online?
3. Just to make sure: It has voice chat, right?
4. Is it like Sacred 2 where you can be on one end of the map and your friend in another, or are all members of the party confined to the same area?
5. Somebody mentioned above that the co-op mode can't be finished with only a party of two. Does it have to be a full party of seven for the end game?
6. Is it drop-in/drop-out?
7. To be clear: is it like a parallel campaign, or is it more like a series of missions? I mean, does it have a cohesive story, or is it more like an Uncharted 2 co-op/MW2 Spec-ops where you just choose a mission and complete it?

Thanks again for the answers!

Thanks.

1) It's a completely different character, and you're allowed to have 4 different characters for the multiplayer, which means that you can develop a warrior, ranger, and mage if you please.

Most people did not like the fact that you couldn't use your single player campaign character, me personally, I could have gone either way.
2) Yes.
3)Yes.
4)It is like Sacred 2, you can go wherever you want regardless of where your friends are. There are teleports scattered throughout each region so if you decide to venture somewhere else you can catch a teleport to where your friends are.
5)To be honest, I haven't completed the co-op yet, but so far I've been playing by myself or with another person so I would assume that you can indeed finish it yourself or with just two people.
6)Yes, but only if the host remains, if the host leaves the session ends.
7)It's a parallel campaign divided into chapters, just like the single player. The story and quests are similar to Sacred 2 where they don't really add much to the experience, they're just there to make you go out and beat the crap outta stuff.

It's a hack n' slash just like Sacred 2, which means that it's a ton of fun and addictive as hell.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
FunkyPajamas said:
1. Does it use the character (skills, experience, inventory) progression from the single player or is it a separate save/character?

Seperate characters.

FunkyPajamas said:
2. Is it possible to trade items/weapons/armor with friends online?

Yep

FunkyPajamas said:
3. Just to make sure: It has voice chat, right?

If you're talking console then yea, PC no.

FunkyPajamas said:
4. Is it like Sacred 2 where you can be on one end of the map and your friend in another, or are all members of the party confined to the same area?

Each adventure is a enclosed instance. Players are free to wander where they want, but they aren't super sprawling or anything. It's nothing like Sacred 2 where they could be like 200 miles away.

FunkyPajamas said:
5. Somebody mentioned above that the co-op mode can't be finished with only a party of two. Does it have to be a full party of seven for the end game?

I imagine it depends on your level and quality of gear, but the later instances are definitely tuned towards larger groups.

FunkyPajamas said:
6. Is it drop-in/drop-out?

Don't believe so.

FunkyPajamas said:
7. To be clear: is it like a parallel campaign, or is it more like a series of missions? I mean, does it have a cohesive story, or is it more like an Uncharted 2 co-op/MW2 Spec-ops where you just choose a mission and complete it?

They all tie together with a simple narrative. Don't expect anything deep though.

Sinatar and maxxpower, you guys are awesome to the maxx. Thanks a bunch. I'll be getting this soon to play with a friend (ordering two two worlds two copies!) and will post impressions.

Thanks again!

Timber

The people have grown weary of my drumming. I'm trying to reinvent myself by becoming a flutist but this has yielded disastrous results so far.

Timber

If you're going to make a rhythm minigame where the notes are assigned to the shoulder triggers and bumpers then please have the courtesy not to allign them horizontically on the screen. This is a mess.

Alucrid

Banned
Timber said:
If you're going to make a rhythm minigame where the notes are assigned to the shoulder triggers and bumpers then please have the courtesy not to allign them horizontically on the screen. This is a mess.

Just do drums. Easiest instrument.

Timber

I'm taking my drumming show on the road but so far Varn have responded with nothing but murderous bloodlust. It goes so heavily with their disposition.

Alucrid said:
Just do drums. Easiest instrument.
Yeah drums and the other instruments are like night and day. I'm making a killing just pushing the triggers like a jolly imbecile right now. Then I try the violin and it's a relentless stream of oooohmyygoood. Most I've ever gotten out of it was 5 bucks.

Timber

wwm0nkey said:
so many post from you on one page...
Alpha Protocol has a functioning economy system. Can't think of any more.

Right now all I'm buying is nomad pants so I can break them down into leather.

ajf009

I love this freaking game. Although I have slowed down a lot (I'm just starting chapter 3) it's still crazy fun when I do find the time to play. this is actually the first game that I've had success being an archer on... maybe because of the lock on haha

Justin

Just picked up the game and and got up to level 4. I was wondering if anyone had tips for building a mage? So far I have put all my attribute points into endurance and willpower and have been saving my skill points. Do I need to spend points in accuracy? Are any of the crafting skills worth it? Some general character building tips would be appreciated.

BeeDog

Justin said:
Just picked up the game and and got up to level 4. I was wondering if anyone had tips for building a mage? So far I have put all my attribute points into endurance and willpower and have been saving my skill points. Do I need to spend points in accuracy? Are any of the crafting skills worth it? Some general character building tips would be appreciated.

Just FYI, you can always respec your character somewhat early in the game, so don't be afraid to experiment.

I bought this game from Steam and and I'm wondering, did I get any kind of manual when I downloaded the game? It would be nice to have a reference so I can learn the ins and outs of assigning hotkeys, switching weapons, etc. I looked in the Two Worlds II folders that were created but I don't see a manual.

Corto

Lucky Forward said:
I bought this game from Steam and and I'm wondering, did I get any kind of manual when I downloaded the game? It would be nice to have a reference so I can learn the ins and outs of assigning hotkeys, switching weapons, etc. I looked in the Two Worlds II folders that were created but I don't see a manual.

Go to the game page on steam and on the right you have the link to the manual.

dxjzp3.jpg

Corto

Lucky Forward said:
Thanks, I knew I must be missing something obvious!

No problem. I knew it because when I bought Mount&Blade some time ago I needed to read the manual so I did a google search and one of the first results was... the game's steam page! hehehehe

larvi

Gamefly just sent this game to me for the 360 and I can't seem to figure out how to start a multiplayer campaign game. When I go to the xbox live menu and try to start a match from there I only get the options for deathmatch and village. Anyone know how I can start a campaign instead? I wanted to play around with the pre-made classes in multiplayer before playing the single player campaign so I have a better idea what class I best suits my play style.

Edit - Never mind, finally figured it out. I started the single play campaign then when I went back to create a match I now see an option for Adventure mode and was able to play that. So either I completely missed it last night when I was looking or you have to start the single player campaign first for that option to show up.

Well, I was enjoying this game up until the first horse race. Rambling around on the horse had been fun up to this point, but now that I have to ride with speed and precision, the controls have become a total clusterfuck. For starters, as the race begins I run up to the horse, and the icon to mount him will appear/disappear/appear/disappear just as I hit the space bar, leaving my character jumping and prancing around the horse like a ninny, meanwhile ten valuable seconds have elapsed off the clock. I've had to stop and reload many times before I even get on the fucking horse. Then, any attempts at making tight turns with the A and D keys send him whipping wildly to the left and right. Sometimes he gets into oscillations where he will only move 180 degrees to the left or right, so he's always pointed perpendicular to the trail and I can't get him pointed straight again.

Anybody got any tips for how to control this goddamn horse?

epmode

So I finally have a video card that will let me play this at max detail with a good framerate. I'm enjoying it but every 5-10 minutes, the screen will go entirely black and I have to kill the process via the task manager.

I think it only happens in the DX10 build but I want to avoid having to use DX9.

Has anyone figured this out?

Well, so far I've figured out that in order to mount, I need to run up to the horse, stand perfectly still in order for the mount icon to appear, and only then can I hit space bar. I still find that control with the A and D keys is wildly inconsistent--some times when I tap the keys I get no response, some times I get fine increments of course change, and then some times tapping A and D sends him careening wildly left and right, and it takes me long enough to straighten him out that I know I don't have a shot at winning the race. So far I've put three or four fist-sized dents in the top of my computer table.

edit: Okay, I finally won that stupid race, after I figured out that I could pause and save mid-race after I had run a good stretch of it successfully. And now the game is fun again.

voltron

Does anyone know where in the sweet jesus fuck I can find a PAL version of this game?

I actually had it ordered and paid for from Play Asia a few weeks ago (the Asian version that was region free), and then at the last minute I get an email saying its out of stock and my money refunded.

Its fucking impossible to find for some reason. Where was it developed? Germany? Isnt Germany a PAL region itself anyway?

Grinchy

Banned
tekumseh said:
So, is this really like 2(worlds) x 3 = 6 worlds? Or is it more 2(worlds)x 2(worlds)x 2(worlds) = 8 worlds?
This post successfully made the word "world" look really strange to me, as if it were spelled incorrectly or something.

epmode

voltron said:
Does anyone know where in the sweet jesus fuck I can find a PAL version of this game?
On the off chance that you're talking about a PC version and you don't already know, you can use this thread to have someone from another region gift it into your Steam account.

Effect

AwRy108 said:
Official URL is selling console versions for $30 w/ free shipping until 5PM CST on 5/20: http://www.twoworldstwo.com/game-offer/

Also, game + strategy guide is $34.99.

Wish I had checked this thread sooner. Decided to get the game today. Though went with the PC versions from D2D. I might have considered the console version at that price. Oh well. Downloading now but won't get into the game till tomorrow.

Effect

Been playing for a few hours and I have to say this is really enjoyable. More so then I imagined. Not only does it look great but touches like actually having towns and cities populated with people wandering around during the day and disappear at night go a long way for me. Don't even mind that they are all copies of themselves. Just that there are actual NPCs and a decent amount of them is something I enjoy.

Instead of pushing on with the main story I've been exploring the Savannah part of the island and I have to wonder about something. The various Varn creatures (I think they're called that) around. Does clearing them out have any change on the story or how people see you if they aren't quest related? Or are they just something you can occuply your time with if you don't want to push on with the story?

Also the game doesn't level scale the way Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas do right? I just keep getting stronger and stronger while enemies stay the same? Is there a certain level cap your character can reach?

Thanks.

Trumpets

I'm thinking of getting this to tee me up for Skyrim. Which is the best console version? Are there any differences graphically?

Badgerst3

Finally finished it yesterday.

It starts strong and slows by the end. I liked the console commands, you have to turn off camera move to not get sick.

I don't think the varn are quest related. By chapter 3 I was returned to farm their hearts for health potions.

Loved the weapon and armor crafting. This was a fun warmup for skyrim. I though the 360 graphics, in some areas were quite good.

I ended level 41 and did about 85% of all the quests.

Just bought the game, going in completely cherry- I know literally NOTHING about Two Worlds except that the first was hilariously buggy and the second is much better.

So, is there any non-spoiler advice you guys can give regarding obvious early game mistakes, crap classes, and so on?

PS I'm on 360

Joe Molotov

Thagomizer said:
So, is there any non-spoiler advice you guys can give regarding obvious early game mistakes, crap classes, and so on?

Don't do the Runestone quest or the Archpriest Tomb quest unless you're a masochist.

I did them both. :(

Top Bottom