• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

U-god suing RZA and Wu Tang Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://2dopeboyz.com/2016/11/30/u-god-sues-rza-the-wu-tang-clan/

According to bastion of all things hip hop, TMZ, U-God has recently filed a lawsuit against both the RZA and the entire Clan in general. According to court documents filed in New York, U-God (née Lamont Jody Hawkins) alleges that he has not gotten his share of royalties off of 12 Wu-Tang albums for at least the last six years. His contract with the Wu-Tang Clan requires that he receive two annual payments for his share of merchandising, but U-God also claims that he has has been "cut off" from those monies.
On top of that, U-God also says that he hasn't received any money from the sale of Once Upon a Time in Shaolin — which was infamously purchased by Shkreli for $2 million.

Super freak physique, like Raphael Sadiq.

Golden arms the fuck you doing man

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Who is more of a weaker link - U-God or Crunchy Black?

At rapping. Get that dance meme out of here.

Dabanton

Olympic torch flaming, we burn so sweet
The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat
We crush slow, flaming deluxe slow for
Judgment Day cometh, conquer, it's war
Allow us to escape Hell globe spinning bomb
Pocket full of shells out the sky, Golden Arms
Tunes spit the shitty Mortal Kombat sound
The fake false step make the blood stain the ground
A jungle junkie, vigilante tantrum
A death kiss catwalk, squeeze another anthem
Hold it for ransom, tranquilized with anaesthesias
My orchestra, graceful, music ballerinas
My music Sicily, rich California smell
An axe kill adventure, paint a picture well
I sing a song from Sing-Sing, sipping on ginseng
Righteous wax chaperon, rotating ring kings

Still one of his best verses.

Bonus from 2014 RZA quoting U God

https://www.facebook.com/RZAWU/posts/10153448887592588

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
This is sad. RZA has been making questionable moves for years now. Once Upon A Time in Shaolin should be heard by fans.

IrishNinja

At the height of their fame and glory, they turned on one another
Each struggling in vain for ultimate supremacy
In the passion and depth of their struggle
The very art that had raised them to such Olympian heights was lost
Their techniques vanished

This is sad. RZA has been making questionable moves for years now. Once Upon A Time in Shaolin should be heard by fans.

if it sounds like A Better Tomorrow, i think i'm okay with it staying in the vault

A Better Tomorrow wasn't that bad...but if Shkreli's and Cilvarings' leaked samples are any indication, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin is the Wu Tang we've all been waiting for.

A Better Tomorrow wasn't that bad...but if Shkreli's and Cilvarings' leaked samples are any indication, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin is the Wu Tang we've all been waiting for.
I knoooooooooooooow

I listened to the leaks hoping it would be terrible so I wouldn't have to feel bad about the fact that I'm never going to hear it.

Shit bangs.

:(

IrishNinja

what samples did you hear that gave you that impression? sounded like another killa beez type mixtape at best, and the way it was put together verse/beat wise reinforced that for me. cilvarings ain't shit

also which tracks did you really hold onto from Better Tomorrow? cause i thought that was a 8 diagram level mess. the last thing they collectively did that knocked was stuff on OB4CL2 and a few off that Rae one.

Completely missing the point

yeah, he's only the weakest since cappa got the boot

norm9

yeah, he's only the weakest since cappa got the boot

I felt like Cappadonna robbed me with his first album. There's like three rhymes total in that album and one hot beat.

IMO Masta Killa is the weakest WuTang member. U-God has some solid verses.

Masta Killa's wack flow has grown on me over the years, mostly because he hitched himself with GZA. He's definitely a smart wordsmith, but man that lazy ass rhyme style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom