• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 Lineup - Rayman to be Wii launch title, first pic

Amir0x

Banned
Sgt. Killjoy said:
oh shutup. really it doesn't matter too much to me as i have never played Rayman and probably won't get this either. But I'm fine with the way it looks, god forbid i can't count the hairs on the rabbits.

what man! I was just saying that the future is in shitty low-poly retard bunnies. Now that's art! PS3 and 360 can learn a thing or two!

3-15-04.jpg

omgz this game am pathetic LOL LOL NONMOVING WHEELS LASTLASTGEN TOTAL

duckroll

Kato said:
Let's see, considering this is still somewhat about the game and not a "you can't say anything positive about this game. If you do you are a Wiitard and are spinning or in a sad state of denial and you need to turn in your coat"-thread:

I think you posted 4 pages too late.

Amir0x

Banned
Sgt. Killjoy said:

omgz this game am pathetic LOL LOL NONMOVING WHEELS LASTLASTGEN TOTAL

I don't know whether to laugh or cry over this. I mean, maybe you actually thought that was a good argument or point but man Sgt. Killjoy you probably should go get a drink.

duckroll said:
Good comparison if a Monopoly cost several hundred bucks.

Diamond crusted monopoly cost several THOUSAND dollars!

Amir0x said:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry over this. I mean, maybe you actually thought that was a good argument or point but man Sgt. Killjoy you probably should go get a drink.

Diamond crusted monopoly cost several THOUSAND dollars!

Good god, I'm not even criticizing another system like i did last time. Do i own a 360? yea. Will i get a PS3 and Wii? yea. So. Maybe I'm fine with it because i know what to expect out of it and i don't jack up my expectations like half of this forum.

I'm keeping my jacket.

:lol at people basing their total outlook of Wii on this 1 screenshot

If one screenshot puts u off buying something then tbh u weren't going to get it in the first place.

:lol this thread is hilarious

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
is there anything worthwhile to read in this thread other than the shot of the kid with the crazy hair and the photoshops?

Since when is consoles worth dependent on its graphical prowess? The ps2 was barely above my dreamcast standards and its leagues better than the xbox and the gamecube as a platform because of the huge library with lots of genre variety. I expect the wiimote to offer new control mechanisms that can make control schemes more intuitive and thusly provide enjoyment. this rayman game looks crazy fun, what kind of person who actually enjoys playing games gives a fuck whether or not that spider is (relatively) low poly?

For the record, I would like the rev to have higher end graphics and would be willing to pay a premium to recieve them, but this isnt the ds in terms of lack of processing strength. The best looking games from last gen arent going to suddenly become eyesores when mgs4 or gears of ware comes out.

GET OVER IT

duckroll

MrPing1000 said:

If one screenshot puts u off buying something then tbh u weren't going to get it in the first place.

We're basing our total outlook of one Wii game based on this official PR screenshot of a Wii game. :)

It looks awful, anyone who disagrees is a wiitard. Simple!

Amir0x

Banned
Sgt. Killjoy said:
Good god, I'm not even criticizing another system like i did last time. Do i own a 360? yea. Will i get a PS3 and Wii? yea. So. Maybe I'm fine with it because i know what to expect out of it and i don't jack up my expectations like half of this forum.

I'm keeping my jacket.

ok, i see the problem. you missed the point back there. The only reason I joked on your post was because the Rayman Rabbid Rabits pic made you think "maybe Wii devs will focus more on art"

I mean, that's just funny in so many ways. ;)

KINGMOKU

MrPing1000 said:

NO. NO. NO.

We Nintendard fans waited for a fucking YEAR for the first screenshots, and they turned out to be ass. Ass on a level that is beyond what I thought ass would look like.

A YEAR AND WE HAVE GAMECUBE-1 GRAPHICS.

Good god. Nintendo really screwed the puppy this time. Fucking Wii people. That's the name of a system that has a penis shape controller, and gamecube graphics!

GOOD GOD I AM GOING INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocked

I can't believe people getting upset over the graphics of a multi-platform game?! How ridiculous. It could've been built for PS2 and lazily ported over for all we know. Wait for the exclusives before judging, Red Steel already looks far better than this IMO.

Alucard

Banned
Uhh, that screen looks fine. I don't see the problem. Plus, it's only one shot AND it's Rayman, which usually makes for some really fun and awesome gaming. This bitching makes no sense to me.

Sgt. Killjoy said:

I'm keeping my jacket.

Or maybe half the forum wasn't planning on buying Wii in the first place and just enters threads and throws their jackets in order to make it look like something horrible has happened to Nintendo and the mods allow them to troll for some unknown reason?

Just a theory.

In any case, I still find it funny that this same game is coming to other systems and probably looks the same for them and yet Wii takes the heat for it.

Edit: And for the record, I loved the thread when it was a photo-shop-a-thon. But now that the trolls have come in to talk graphics and assume Wii is the only system with these graphics and assume that they are horrific, it is sucky.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
looks at pics

goes back to ignoring the Rayman franchise

At least this thread made me laugh with all the photoshops. :lol

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Alucard said:
Uhh, that screen looks fine. I don't see the problem. Plus, it's only one shot AND it's Rayman, which usually makes for some really fun and awesome gaming. This bitching makes no sense to me.

and Ancel is actually making it

lancubap

moku said:
NO. NO. NO.

We Nintendard fans waited for a fucking YEAR for the first screenshots, and they turned out to be ass. Ass on a level that is beyond what I thought ass would look like.

Good god. Nintendo really screwed the puppy this time. Fucking Wii people. That's the name of a system that has a penis shape controller, and gamecube graphics!

Yeah, you're going insane. This is the only right thing you said.

Comparing an Ancel-developed Rayman to the Conker remake in a negative fashion is the saddest thing about this thread. If it looked like Rayman DS, it would still undoubtedly be the better game.

Seriously, trying to use the Conker remake to mock the Wii's graphics does more to bolster Nintendo's philosophy than any Reggie interview I've ever read.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Probationsmack said:
Since when is consoles worth dependent on its graphical prowess? The ps2 was barely above my dreamcast standards

LAZY8s!??!

Oh, and as sad as it is to see people dismissing the console because of a screen, it's worse to see damage controllers "laughing" at people displeased with the shot.

It's NOT a good shot and Ubisoft is one hell of a developer. Stop spinning.

moku said:
NO. NO. NO.

Quit being a whiny bitch. If you're gonna base the entire system around an early build of a launch title, that's also a 3rd party title, you just wanted a reason to not buy the Wii.

One of the other camps will gladly take you.

jett

D-Member
Pedigree Chum said:
That's one SWEET line-up, methinks I'll be buying a metric fuckton of Ubi titles in the fall. Assassin's Creed, R6:Vegas, BiA...yum.

Meh, only Assassin's Creed piques my interest, and only because it reminds me of PoP.

(PS3, Xbox 360, NRev, PC, PS2, handhelds)

I want some 360 or PS3 shots for comparison. Need to see if i need to prepare a dish of crow or not.

Rocked

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Um, well, Rayman 2 for DC blew away the PSOne and N64 versions, and nobody mistook it for a previous gen game.

A large number of X360 games could be mistaken for the previous generation. Rayman 2 looked poor compared to the exclusives. My point was, that although I'm not expecting a major leap myself, it's retarded to judge a consoles graphical power on a multiplatform third party RAYMAN game. Were the likes of moku expecting to see individual sweat glands and photorealistic textures?

Amir0x said:
citrus lump: Why did you add the "that's also a 3rd party title" caveat?

If rumors are correct, the first party stuff looks much better than the other stuff.

Honestly, I think this looks OK. It'll probably look better in motion as well.

Wow, you guys...wow.

We already knew the graphics would be underwhelming, so don't act like this is some suprise.

Freaking Rayman will not be the best looking Revolution game at E3 anyway. -_-

Top Bottom