• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 198 Werdum vs. Miocic |OT| No hespect Werdum time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, the entire point of having this fight on the prelim is to get people to buy the ppv and probably the majority of casual fans won't understand how impressive and dominate maia is. They'll just be bored that it's only grappling

Matt Brown is usually super exciting but Maia is gonna Maia. Can't really blame him when he dominates like that, but I could see the UFC not wanting him anywhere near a title shot.

ldcommando

Banned
My jiu jitsu instructor is a black belt and used to wrestle div 1 in college and said that when he rolled against Maia, nothing he did worked on him, he was crazy

edit: JIU JITSU'D

Frank Mir said pretty much the same thing and he is a heavyweight bjj black belt. Maia is insane

I'm not saying it's not impressive. He's probably the most effective grappler at just staying all over a guy, but I think there are definitely more exciting grapplers like Brian Ortega. His transitions and willingness to strike from bottom or anywhere is a more exciting style of grappling to me.
I can definitely see your point of view, but its just as exciting for me to see Maia slowly dominate another killer on the ground

Matt Brown is usually super exciting but Maia is gonna Maia. Can't really blame him when he dominates like that, but I could see the UFC not wanting him anywhere near a title shot.

Thats why I'm surprised they put him at the top of the FS1 prelim, even Matt Brown knew it was gonna be a bad match-up for him

iddqd

Wait, what?

frank-mir-headphones.gif

broz0rs

well deserved win by BamBam. Alves looked like he had his soul sucked out of him when the decision was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom