• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 306: O'Malley vs Dvalishvili | Noche UFC (9.14.24)

Fight picks?

• O'Malley, Shevchenko, Ortega

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dvalishvili, Shevchenko, Ortega

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont follow Omalleys career but I;ve seen some of his big fights. No doubt the worst fight I;ve seen. He's done nothing all match except get tackled by the Russian guy.

Omalley is just standing there not even punching or kicking.

Such a lame card lmao

Thank god for that ribovics fight

Insane production value

MVP: octagon ring girl outfits
Lol, what? The only snoozers were Aldana vs Dumont, Grasso vs Shevchenko, and O'Malley vs Dvalishvili.

All of the other fights were great.
I dont follow Omalleys career but I;ve seen some of his big fights. No doubt the worst fight I;ve seen. He's done nothing all match except get tackled by the Russian guy.

Omalley is just standing there not even punching or kicking.
To be fair, Merab does that to EVERYONE.

JohnnyPhats

O’Malley got schooled. Looked sluggish. Like he smoked a joint before the fight. He will likely bounce back from this but he taught people how to beat him tonight. Worst fight of the night.

That said I’m BLOWN away by the Sphere. I was aware of it, obviously. But goddamn. The venue was the star of the show. Best live event I’ve seen. Triple H surely was watching this. We need WWE in here.

Only watched the last fight but that was a bit disappointing especially rooting for Sean.
Merab wrestle fucked him 80% of the fight and that was not pleasant to watch but that was his gameplan and he is not there to make his fights enjoyable for the crowd but to win championships and he did that, so kudos to him.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Only watched the last fight but that was a bit disappointing especially rooting for Sean.
Merab wrestle fucked him 80% of the fight and that was not pleasant to watch but that was his gameplan and he is not there to make his fights enjoyable for the crowd but to win championships and he did that, so kudos to him.

Zellhuber vs ribovics and chaired vs van were good fights to check out

Kings Field

Whole care was good minus the comain. Gotta appreciate high level grappling like Merab showed. Suga is who we thought he was, one dimensional striker.

Cejudo callee him out and I feel like it’s an even worse matchup for Sean.

Umar beats Merab imo. Both are amazing grapplers but Umar has the edge on the feet and on the ground if it goes there.

Zellhuber vs ribovics and chaired vs van were good fights to check out

Chairez vs Van, Torres vs Bahamondes, Rodriguez vs Osbourne, Zellhuber vs Ribovics, and Ortega vs Lopes were great fights and worth watching.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Is it me or were the championship matches the worst of the card? The first three fights were good. Later matches too many eyes were on things like eye poking, coaching etc.

Is it me or were the championship matches the worst of the card? The first three fights were good. Later matches too many eyes were on things like eye poking, coaching etc.
100%. Rosas vs Aoriqileng and Aldana vs Dumont were bad ones too.

No surprises with how the title fights turned out. Those types of fights are Shevchenko and Dvalishvili 101. Dominant? Sure. Exciting? No.

Hilarious how earlier in the night Joe Rogan said Herb Dean is the best referee in MMA, and then during the main event Herb wouldn't stfu calling out "excessive coaching!" and "c'mon, let's work!" constantly throughout the fight.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Dumont fight was only lame if you look at the fight instead of her big ass, such a rookie mistake.

Last edited:

calistan

Watched the whole thing. What an epic show. One of the best live sporting events ever at that sphere.
It looked spectacular, but watching on TV there was something very off about the atmosphere. It reminded me of those covid lockdown events they did, with hardly any spectators.

You could hear the cornermen shouting louder than the crowd, and instead of a huge roar after Bruce Buffer did his bit, it was just quiet.

calistan

Damn i wish we had Suga Champ some more...

Also Islam being his usual unsufferable self already pushing his boring cousin towards a title fight.

I can't watch any of those chinbeard Russian wrestlers. I know they're good and they're legit champions, but their style just puts me to sleep. If that's the way the sport is going across the board, I'm out.

I didn't watch the main event at the weekend because I knew it would be 25 minutes of high-energy grapplefucking. At least if they have them fighting each other, that frees up a spot elsewhere in the card for a fight I might actually enjoy.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
It looked spectacular, but watching on TV there was something very off about the atmosphere. It reminded me of those covid lockdown events they did, with hardly any spectators.

You could hear the cornermen shouting louder than the crowd, and instead of a huge roar after Bruce Buffer did his bit, it was just quiet.
I remember reading that they turned off audience audio

GymWolf

Gold Member
Zellhuber vs ribovics is EASILY fight of the year for me, it was a striking wet dream.

I expect great thing from zellhuber, the dude is still super young.

Last edited:
Top Bottom