• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is "ground game" considered boring now? That last fight was exciting as hell. If I wanted to watch a sport with no ground game I'd watch kick boxing.

People want to see guys advance position and go for finishes. Finishing guys ont he ground is not boring. Laying on a guy and not advancing position to the point where the ref has to stand you up (twice) is boring. Brock at least tried to finish the fight in the best way he knows how, which is to overpower a guy and start laying into their faces with those lunchbox fists of his.

Kacho

Gold Member
Is "ground game" considered boring now? That last fight was exciting as hell. If I wanted to watch a sport with no ground game I'd watch kick boxing.

There is good ground game and bad ground game. Most of the time it's slow and boring. I thought Brock's was sloppy but because of the stakes I found it entertaining.

M_A_C

1.gif

He really is the best.

Great win for Brock. Sorta slow burn but at least their was some form. I do wonder though how he would fare with someone like Josh Barnett or Junior Dos Santos. Those fights need to happen!

I know it wasn't originally the main event, but I'm very happy the women are main eventing UFC 200 when there weren't any women's divisions at UFC 100. This is a great moment for women's sports.

I think it's boring when the guy is just trying to grind their fat gut on a guy for 20 minutes. Ground submissions and ground and pound is interesting but neither fight had that.

Poor 200, the most hyped card in history and 202-204 are all 100x more better looking.

Eh, on paper no. This card from a name and matchup standpoint is the best they've ever done. 202 may turn out better in reality, and probably will, but the card itself on paper is not better than 200.

nick nacc

Banned
People want to see guys advance position and go for finishes. Finishing guys ont he ground is not boring. Laying on a guy and not advancing position to the point where the ref has to stand you up (twice) is boring. Brock at least tried to finish the fight in the best way he knows how, which is to overpower a guy and start laying into their faces with those lunchbox fists of his.

Amanda is a beast in the first round. If she doesn't take Miesha out in the 1st or maybe the 2nd, she'll tire out like she does and get finished in the 3rd or 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom