• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 205 at MSG |OT| Conor McGregor vs Eddie Alvarez | Who Da Fook Are These Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
151221-news-steve-harvey-hp-lg.jpg

They both had their moments but they were too careful of each other's strength and I don't blame them. Wonderboy has used his longer reach but couldn't use his power to capitalize his power and Woodley had the power but couldn't utilize his wrestling. They both cancelled each other out. I wouldn't mind another rematch where they both studied each other to their fullest.

But.... What the fuck is happening?! Damn, Trump fucked us even with MMA!!

brentech

Woodley probably writing up a report on how he was robbed due to racism.

UFC just bumbling around like this is their 1st event, ever.

Felt so bad for Woodley when I saw the look on his face, oh man.

I'm glad they'll be doing it again but I want to see Woodley/Maia first. Maia is a very worthy contender and it's a stylistic match up I'm interested in seeing.

Macattk15

Buffer drunk? I thought when I heard the 2 draws it was a draw as well ... but then he said split decision and I just said "Oh. Well ok."

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Man I really hate one dimensional fighters like Woodly. completely reliant on their opponents making a mistake.

I wouldn't say he is one dimensional

Wonderboy is still a pretty big puzzle to solve, Woodley was just being cautious. Him being cautious is what won him the fight as well

Fitts

Real talk: I have no idea how the results cards work. It's not identical to the judges' scorecards I assume. Does he make his own notes or is "Woodley wins, lol" written on it by someone else? At any rate, he's worked enough events to know what scores would constitute a majority draw, but still he could just be the kind of guy that's on auto pilot when he reads them.

EDIT: Looks like he makes his own notes. Welp.

Wonderboy took everything Woodley had and still got back up ........ Woodley couldnt beat him.

Wonderboy deserved it on that basis alone.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
As far as I'm concerned Conor is now the rightful welterweight champion

The fuck? 😂

Most sane people would score that 47-47. If anything, you could even argue Wonderboy won because he finished round 4 sitting on Woodley's chest throwing hands, so it shouldn't have been a 10-8 round.

Did you aee the replay? Wonderboy was missing on top and Woody was landing from the bottom in the final seconds...

Wallach

Woodley got robbed. But man Wonderboy was tough out there.

was the correct score, woodley 1 & 4, thompson 2, 3 & 5, but round 4 was worth calling a 10-8 round I think

the only person that could have been robbed is thompson if round 4 wasn't good enough for a 10-8, he won 3 rounds clean

brentech

Based on everything Eddie says about Conor, I have to think he's going to be hounding after the take down. Wants to prove that Conor hasn't faced someone that will just ground him out.

Most sane people would score that 47-47. If anything, you could even argue Wonderboy won because he finished round 4 sitting on Woodley's chest throwing hands, so it shouldn't have been a 10-8 round.

It was a 10-8. He was almost finished on multiple occasions in the round. He had top control for the last 10 or 15 seconds.

Wazzy

Banned
How exactly did he win? What rounds besides 1 and 4 did he win? Wonderboy got robbed if anything but I'm fine with a draw.
Come on. He took him down multiple times and almost knocked him out. He was barely landing punches towards the end after multiple kicks to the stomach and punches to his head.

He gets credit for lasting but draw? No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom