• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 214 |OT| Jones vs Cormier 2 - Dad Bod vs Coke Bod ft.

Come on. Barao from just a few years ago would have run through Sterling.

Maybe. Barao made his name and record off beating nobodies for the vast majority of his career. His only really impressive wins are the 2 Faber fights (and I love Faber but he's lost plenty of fights himself) and I guess MacDonald and Wineland are pretty solid

As soon as Barao started fighting really difficult competition he started losing

NH Apache

Banned
Mike Beltran is awesome and also a super nice dude.

That stache is next level legendary

13391271_1127223520674242_705620258_n.jpg

No joke. That was reffed well.

brentech

Ariel Helwani‏ @arielhelwani 5m5 minutes ago
Great stuff from Brian Ortega backstage. Told a story about how close he was to missing weight and considering cutting his "Tarzan hair."

Yikes

Baconmonk

Ariel Helwani‏ @arielhelwani 5m5 minutes ago
Great stuff from Brian Ortega backstage. Told a story about how close he was to missing weight and considering cutting his "Tarzan hair."

Yikes

Damn, always a shame to hear. Was my favorite fight of the night so far. Dude has a great pace and that guillotine was real clean.

That prelim card was so damn good I'm worried about this main card

If it delivers on the same level these prelims did this will be one hell of a night

That fight was Korean zombie vs Lamas... Knight was the replacement

Fair play to him then.

I actually forgot both Zombie and Choi were both meant to be on this card. I know Choi was meant to be fighting Fili, but for some reason I was looking forward to 215 thinking Zombie was fighting on that one.

Ridisc

Banned
Way joes been talking last few months, wonder how much more hes going to do with the UFC having already cut back.

oneils

Completely forgot about this card! I'm glad I decided to browse neogaf before going to bed. Just bought this on fight pass.

Were the prelims good?

Baconmonk

Way joes been talking last few months, wonder how much more hes going to do with the UFC having already cut back.

Yeah, I feel the same but I'm less worried than I was a few years back. The UFC has been smart about getting fresh blood in the commentator booth, Anik is fine and guys like DC and Brian Stann have been great so I'm hopeful for the future.

It would be the end of an era for sure, but as long as he keeps producing fight companions I'm cool with it. Dude has a lot on his plate. Plus the inevitable post-UFC years podcast with Goldie is sure to have some great behind the scenes stories.

Top Bottom