• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[UK] Being from an ethnic minority background does not provide a defence to racially abusing someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAÏSanÏa

Sounds like an isolated abuse of power by petty tyrants, outside chance maybe provocateurs working in the public service, rather than widespread enforcement change in the country. Alarmists may be jumping to conclusions again by witnessing and hallelujahing it's the end times.

If the crime was a serious public danger other charges would've been laid and this would be in the litany for prosecution to bargain with. At least, that's how it seems to be used unless it applies to a very specific problem already under judicial review.

Courts will sort it out, hopefully if there is abuse and provocation that the culprits are fired.

It is fascinating to see how different countries handle these things. We've got problems with ideologues in law enforcement too.

Last edited:

Artoris

Gold Member
UK has become one of the most pathetic countries on earth. Which is impressive given where it was just 150 years ago.

I give it 50 years before it either collapses or becomes islamic state.
50 years is very generous though

Go_Ly_Dow

skynews-keir-starmer-angela-rayner_5009693.jpg

Cyberpunkd

People will one day figure out that the British Empire was not build by enlightened and quality citizens, but by physical subjugation of lesser people. The country itself, as opposed to France, was and is absolute thrash.

Also, all the UK rappers right now:

Im In Trouble GIF by Farmer Wants A Wife

jason10mm

Gold Member
Ok, I'll bite. Why did they take this picture in a tiny room with tiny table and tiny chairs? I mean that table would have been appropriate for me when I was 5.
I wanna know why the photographer didn't tell that lady that her choice of skirt and decision to drop her right knee while also being on the right side of the frame is giving us all a view of her knickers :p And WTF boots is she wearing?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Sounds like an isolated abuse of power by petty tyrants, outside chance maybe provocateurs working in the public service, rather than widespread enforcement change in the country. Alarmists may be jumping to conclusions again by witnessing and hallelujahing it's the end times.

If the crime was a serious public danger other charges would've been laid and this would be in the litany for prosecution to bargain with. At least, that's how it seems to be used unless it applies to a very specific problem already under judicial review.

Courts will sort it out, hopefully if there is abuse and provocation that the culprits are fired.

It is fascinating to see how different countries handle these things. We've got problems with ideologues in law enforcement too.
Courts? Police? Procedures to follow? Evidence? Being able to defend yourself?

Nah that shit is ridiculous - what we need is completely random twitter mobs picking a target of the day and then ruining that person's life while someone does something much worse but no-one notices because something happened involving Taylor Swift the same day.
Now that is justice.

raduque

UK has become one of the most pathetic countries on earth. Which is impressive given where it was just 150 years ago.

I give it 50 years before it either collapses or becomes islamic state.
50?! At the rate they're importing the 3rd world, it'll be 10.

It is extremely depressing for me to watch and I am not even british. Same thing happening to Canada and many western european countries. It's like the west decided to commit collective civilizational suicide.

Starmer feels a hell of a lot like Trudeau, the same arrogance and pigheadedness. These cunts forget they're public servants, not the King.

It's a strange feeling being mugged out of your own homeland. I love this country, its people and its history but I know where all this censorship shit is leading precisely because I love history.

RAÏSanÏa

Courts? Police? Procedures to follow? Evidence? Being able to defend yourself?

Nah that shit is ridiculous - what we need is completely random twitter mobs picking a target of the day and then ruining that person's life while someone does something much worse but no-one notices because something happened involving Taylor Swift the same day.
Now that is justice.
And use every minor incident like this to proclaim it's the end of civilization with gripes like some tea drinking bitty from the 70s whose worldview comes from church and religious shows.

While there is no general right to free speech in the UK,[British citizens have a negative right to freedom of expression under the common law,[2] and since 1998, freedom of expression is guaranteed according to Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights, as applied in British law through the Human Rights Act.

Problem with that... It's very subjective and those in charge can deem what is hate or not.

YCoCg

Starmer feels a hell of a lot like Trudeau, the same arrogance and pigheadedness. These cunts forget they're public servants, not the King.

It's a strange feeling being mugged out of your own homeland. I love this country, its people and its history but I know where all this censorship shit is leading precisely because I love history.
Once again, this was done under the Tories, she was reported and investigated in December 2023, the courts only just got around to this case.

I get people hate Starmer but people saying this is a Labour thing are wrong as it happened months before they even got in power.

YCoCg

What are you referring to exactly?
The subject of this thread, the OP, the issue that someone has been charged for what they posted online.

You then posted a photo of the current leads of the government currently in power. The party that took over in July 2024. The incident in the OP happened in December 2023, when the previous party was still ruling the country.

Go_Ly_Dow

The subject of this thread, the OP, the issue that someone has been charged for what they posted online.

You then posted a photo of the current leads of the government currently in power. The party that took over in July 2024. The incident in the OP happened in December 2023, when the previous party was still ruling the country.

The Metropolitan Police called her in for questioning in December 2023 and the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) told The Independent she was charged under the Communications Act of 2003 this month.

As per the above, she was questioned in December 2023 and then left alone and has now been charged 8 months later in August 2024.

Last edited:

YCoCg

As per the above, she was questioned in December 2023 and then left alone and has now been charged 8 months later in August 2024.
The courts in this country have a huge backlog, if anything this being done in 8 months is actually fast compared to some of the stuff people are still waiting for in the system.

Go_Ly_Dow

The courts in this country have a huge backlog, if anything this being done in 8 months is actually fast compared to some of the stuff people are still waiting for in the system.
I'd rather the police and courts focus 99.9% of their resources into ensuring anti social chavs who ruin neighbourhoods, violent criminals, knifing maniacs who kill women and children and murderers in general, thieves that brazingly mug you and break into our homes, drug dealers who wrap up kids in criminality and ruin families and communities, child grooming gangs and human traffickers, terrorists who blow up kids at a Taylor Swift concert etc... are caught over sitting at a cozy desk looking for "harmful" words online.

The amount of knife crime in this country is shocking if you search it up. The MSM just doesn't seem to care enough to make it a big story unless it's horrific to the point that young kids are stabbed in their droves. My parents house was broken into a few years ago with several thieves sneaking in whilst my mother was in the shower and hiding until she left home and we never had a single follow up from the cops about whether or not they caught anyone. This seems to be common up and down the country. Yet they have all the resources in the world to police speech on X or Facebook.

This is why stories such as this and when politicians and the law saying online "harm" is our biggest woe and not all the things I've mentioned above, ticks of a lot of people and we start to say this country has become a joke and lose all faith in the leadership.

(Also she has been charged 8 months later by the police rather than her only being just processed in the courts, so it's not a backlog issue here, rather the cops deciding to resurface this and then taking the time out to prosecute her.)

Last edited:

YCoCg

I'd rather the police and courts focus 99.9% of their resources into ensuring anti social chavs who ruin neighbourhoods, violent criminals, knifing maniacs who kill women and children and murderers in general, thieves that brazingly mug you and break into your homes, drug dealers who wrap up kids in criminality and ruin families and communities, child rape gangs and human traffickers, terrorists who blow up kids at a Taylor Swift concert etc... are caught over sitting behind a desk looking for "harmful" words online.

The amount of knife crime in this country is shocking if you search it up. The MSM just doesn't seem to care enough to make it a big story unless it's horrific to the point that young kids are stabbed in their droves. My parents house was broken into several years ago with thieves sneaking in whilst my mother was in the shower and hiding until left home and we never had a single follow up from the cops about whether or not they caught anyone or if they had a suspect. This seems to be common up and down the country. Yet they have all the resources in the world to police speech on X or Facebook it seems.

This is why stories such as this and when politicians and the law saying online "harm" is our biggest woe and not all the things I've mentioned above, ticks of a lot of people and we start to say this country has become a joke and lose all faith in the leadership.

(Also she has been charged 8 months later by the police rather than her only being just processed in the courts, so it's not a backlog issue here, rather the cops deciding to take the time out to prosecute her.)
And they do tackle these issues, that's why the less serious stuff gets bumped back in the courts, a stabbing, rape, etc, will be seen in court within hopefully two to three weeks depending on the district.

Same goes for the police processing system, you complain the police should be focusing on more serious issues and that is what they're doing and that's why this case took over 8 months.

If that's the issue you wanted to discuss then you should've said that instead of posting a picture of Starmer which again, this case precedes Labour getting in power, it just finished under Labour but the processing and court dates would've been set weeks/months ago.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'd rather the police and courts focus 99.9% of their resources into ensuring anti social chavs who ruin neighbourhoods, violent criminals, knifing maniacs who kill women and children and murderers in general, thieves that brazingly mug you and break into your homes, drug dealers who wrap up kids in criminality and ruin families and communities, child rape gangs and human traffickers, terrorists who blow up kids at a Taylor Swift concert etc... are caught over sitting at a cozy desk looking for "harmful" words online.

The amount of knife crime in this country is shocking if you search it up. The MSM just doesn't seem to care enough to make it a big story unless it's horrific to the point that young kids are stabbed in their droves. My parents house was broken into several years ago with several thieves sneaking in whilst my mother was in the shower and hiding until she left home and we never had a single follow up from the cops about whether or not they caught anyone. This seems to be common up and down the country. Yet they have all the resources in the world to police speech on X or Facebook.

(Also she has been charged 8 months later by the police rather than her only being just processed in the courts, so it's not a backlog issue here, rather the cops deciding to resurface this and then taking the time out to prosecute her.)

My own has this problem. Crime has skyrocketed, even in the nice areas where I live. We have kids riding around on electric bikes pulling out knives and running drugs. The police do nothing and these kids are allowed to do as they please.

The police should be targeting these sort of criminals. Instead, they're going after people for inappropriate comments online. If I call the police to report my garage has been broken into and that my bikes have been nicked, I'll be lucky if they even turn up. If I make a comment online that might cause offence to others, I'll have the police at my door in a flash and get dragged to court.

YCoCg

If I call the police to report my garage has been broken into and that my bikes have been nicked, I'll be lucky if they even turn up.
Sadly I remember a few years back when a friend's car was broken into, the police pretty much said upright that unless at least £1,000 worth of stuff has been stolen then it's not worth the time and resources because they're stretched that thin.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
People will one day figure out that the British Empire was not build by enlightened and quality citizens, but by physical subjugation of lesser people. The country itself, as opposed to France, was and is absolute thrash.

Awfully smug words coming from a Frenchman.

A-new-Study-on-the-current-events-in-France.jpg.webp

Virtually the entire Western world is suffering from wretched globalists pushing unfettered immigration and authoritarian policies. Great Britain is not unique in this respect, nor is France somehow exempt.

Go_Ly_Dow

Awfully smug words coming from a Frenchman.

A-new-Study-on-the-current-events-in-France.jpg.webp

Virtually the entire Western world is suffering from wretched globalists pushing unfettered immigration and authoritarian policies. Great Britain is not unique in this respect, nor is France somehow exempt.

Yup and not to forget this last summer:

The riots that have taken place in France since June 27 have set fire to 2,508 buildings and 12,031 cars, and 3,505 people, mostly young people, have been arrested on suspicion of involvement in these crimes, the French executive announced today.

+this lovely annual tradition.

Car burning has effectively become an annual event in French suburbs since riots in 2005 in several cities.
Some 95,000 police and gendarmes were mobilised during recent New Year's celebrations, French media report - including 32,000 firefighters and security personnel.

Everyone's favourite Sweden is also the gun capital of Europe.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
This is the most irrational police behavior I have seen. Just imagine that woman had to fight for her right to "think"

This is distopia, but on real Life.
Come on - she is standing outside an abortion center where there is a order banning protests but she isn't 'protesting' just silently praying for the fetuses. She isn't being arrested or fined for praying or thought crimes she is being fined for violating an order against protesting in that area.
It's like when a kid holds their finger a fraction of an inch from their siblings face when told to not touch them.

Come on - she is standing outside an abortion center where there is a order banning protests but she isn't 'protesting' just silently praying for the fetuses. She isn't being arrested or fined for praying or thought crimes she is being fined for violating an order against protesting in that area.

Denton

And use every minor incident like this to proclaim it's the end of civilization with gripes like some tea drinking bitty from the 70s whose worldview comes from church and religious shows.
When these every minor incidents start happening on daily basis and demographic trends are what they are, one does not have to be tea drinking bitty from 70s to see where it will lead. One can simply look at Lebanon, or, you know, every other country that used to not be islamic, and is islamic today, which is the entire middle east.

Last edited:

Mistake

It's like when a kid holds their finger a fraction of an inch from their siblings face when told to not touch them.
You said she isn't protesting, but she's being arrested for protesting. Wat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom