• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Donkey Konga TV advert

http://media.nintendo-europe.com/compel/video/Video_03cee819-1d76-465f-8619-967178153d79.mov

The theme is a Japanese game show where you have to play Donkey Konga without smiling, which everyone knows is impossible, especially with Donkey putting you off at every opportunity!

The advert debuts on October 11th on Channel 4 during Hollyoaks' ad break, and will continue to be shown on ITV, C4, C5, Sky One and E4, as well as all the main Music channels. So keep a beady eye out for the ad in programs such as The OC, Ministry of Mayhem, CDUK, The Simpsons, Dawson's Creek and Malcolm in the Middle.

And that's not all!!! Donkey Konga is also sponsoring the most insane TV show in the world (allegedly), Takeshi's Castle on Challenge TV!!! The sponsorship sees Donkey trying to put off an unfortunate Konga-player in a variety of hilarious and utterly ridiculous ways. The Takeshi's Castle sponsorship began on October the 4th, and lasts for approximately 6 weeks. Takeshi's Castle is shown on Challenge TV Mondays to Saturdays at 18:00 and 18:30, and then for about half the day on Sundays!

The game is released on October 15th, so get ready to boogie with the bongo-tastic banana beats with the brilliant Donkey Konga!On October 11th, everyone's favorite Gorilla is back on TV to launch Donkey Konga on Nintendo GameCube.

I really wish I or someone else I know had gone to auditions now :(

Deg

Banned
Image_332077a9-5538-405e-8538-ec95ca62724b.jpg

Image_ce3cef42-52cf-4e19-85bd-e7003844f8f1.jpg

Image_a3590f59-8b61-4315-9944-ef46d3cbdf93.jpg

Image_69d697cd-abe8-453e-bf8c-8c4d0dadc74e.jpg

Rahul

Crazy Japanese adverts! This is perfect material for the GIA's old collection feature.

Wait, this is a UK advert.

Deku Tree said:
Doesn't make me want to buy it. But I don't live in the UK so.

I think most of Nintendo's ads are more targeted at informing mainstream of a title's existence and application moreso than its inherent awesomeness.

Top Bottom