• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Robin64

Official UK store Zelda stuff:

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/the-legend-of-zelda-collection.list

11396526-5004453691336625.png
11396525-9714453691310177.png

11396528-1514453691393742.png
11396527-1994453691364657.png

Probably brexit, everything is brexit now, but I did read these would be slightly larger and more detailed in general, not just the guardian, so maybe that's it?

Probably brexit, everything is brexit now, but I did read these would be slightly larger and more detailed in general, not just the guardian, so maybe that's it?

Yeah, they are costing more to make, and they arent selling as much. Itas not much, and i can always get most of the amiibos for cheap latter on if they dont become rare (looking at you OotLink)

Yeah, they are costing more to make, and they arent selling as much. Itas not much, and i can always get most of the amiibos for cheap latter on if they dont become rare (looking at you OotLink)

Haha I wrote my post before I saw your last one but right enough, it goes beyond brexit. I don't really mind them going up a little if they are going to be a bit more extravagant to match. I don't buy many at launch but I have all the zelda related Amiibos so far and these look really nice. Almost as excited for them as the actual switch launch haha

Chopper

That Guardian amiibo is fucking awesome. I can't afford to commit to all of them day one this time though. Gonna have to gamble on which ones might not go out of stock.

Edit: Gonna get Guardian, Bokoblin and Archer Link. I'm hoping Rider and Zelda will be readily available the following month.

I went for...ALL OF THEM. Hah. First time I ever went after a whole set, I've really just picked up Amiibo here and there. My partner got me the 30th anniversary set of 4 though and I just love them, by far the nicest I own.

Koren

I'm surprised people are still bothering with preorders. Is it hard to find them in UK?

I don't even bother looking for them in the first week...

I thought I'd just pick up one of them Ocarina of Time Links some point around its release and then they were just all out of stock or with jacked up prices.
So it actually makes some sense to pre-order, you just don't know which amiibos will get smaller runs.

Koren

I thought I'd just pick up one of them Ocarina of Time Links some point around its release and then they were just all out of stock or with jacked up prices.
You think it won't be restocked?

If so, thanks for the remainder... Since you talked about it yesterday (and I still hadn't bought it), I ordered it yesterday evening (at slightly discounted price). Granted, it was out of stock on Amazon, and there were a lot of scalpers but available in most place elsewhere (and I'm pretty sure you can find it in stores quite easily).

Robin64

So many more amiibo work with the 3DS version of Woolly World! All the AC ones do, Lucas and Ryu do, Callie and Marie do. Sadly Chibi Robo and Shovel Knight do not. :(

So many more amiibo work with the 3DS version of Woolly World! All the AC ones do, Lucas and Ryu do, Callie and Marie do. Sadly Chibi Robo and Shovel Knight do not. :(

Haha, we tried loads successfully too, and they are so cute! I loved going around as Rosalina, the colour pattern was really cool.

I'm surprised people are still bothering with preorders. Is it hard to find them in UK?

I don't even bother looking for them in the first week...

No idea about restocks, but the 30th anniversary Zelda ones have certainly been sold out in a bunch of places. I need to order online anyway and they don't charge until dispatch, so I'm not sure why you'd be surprised. It's literally no effort and can be cancelled at any time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm sure there'll be a restock. Typical Amibo pattern of high demand in the beginning before settling back to normal/crashing in price.

The BotW Amiibo are available at the largest Dutch retailer. For 17 euro a piece. Since I'm also buying a Switch that day, I'm skipping the Amiibo. It's too much Nintendo.

They were sold out when I looked. Hoping Game or Amazon soon maybe.

Ah sorry man >_< yea, I don't believe they came up on either yet. I'll post if I spot them!

The BotW Amiibo are available at the largest Dutch retailer. For 17 euro a piece. Since I'm also buying a Switch that day, I'm skipping the Amiibo. It's too much Nintendo.

It is pretty intense haha, they might have been better staggering the amiibo a week or two before/after.

Koren

Do you have the Japanese Monster Hunter Amiibo?

I'm only missing those and the Skylanders stuff.

Only Link is unboxed. I'm a terrible person.
Same, I'm only missing Skylanders and non-EU stuff (by design, that's already expensive enough)... and everything is still boxed.

No I somehow missed those because I'm poor at the moment and probably subconsciously ignored it! How many are there?
Ignore them, that's for the best.

Really.

(I don't want to think how much I spent :/ )

A bit more than 100.

Currently 56 in the Smash series (plus megaman repaint), 13 in the Mario series (plus golden/silver mario repaints), 8 in the Splatoon series (5 + 3 repaints), 16 in Animal Crossing series (Marie has two versions), 4 in the Zelda anniversary, 4 in Kirby, plus Shovel Knight, Chibi Robo, 2 pixel mario, 3 wool yoshis and a large one, a wool poochy, two skylanders. I think that's it.

Chopper

No I somehow missed those because I'm poor at the moment and probably subconsciously ignored it! How many are there?
There are 6 Monster Hunter Amiibo. Each is currently available at Play Asia for £16.50. I am also extremely poor at the moment, so I can't indulge. I will at some point though.

So including those, the three unreleased Smash Bros amiibo that we know are coming, and the Breath of the Wild amiibo coming out in a few weeks, there are 128 amiibo in total, according to my spreadsheet.

Yes, I have a spreadsheet.

Robin64

So the Woolly World update for Wii U is out, which adds support for Yarn Poochy, but you can't buy Yarn Poochy seperately here in the UK. As Nintendo always do for some reason, it's only bundled with a game. Joy!

TheMoon

So the Woolly World update for Wii U is out, which adds support for Yarn Poochy, but you can't buy Yarn Poochy seperately here in the UK. As Nintendo always do for some reason, it's only bundled with a game. Joy!

Nintendo UK is weird. It's specifically always the UK where they do this.

There are 6 Monster Hunter Amiibo. Each is currently available at Play Asia for £16.50. I am also extremely poor at the moment, so I can't indulge. I will at some point though.

So including those, the three unreleased Smash Bros amiibo that we know are coming, and the Breath of the Wild amiibo coming out in a few weeks, there are 128 amiibo in total, according to my spreadsheet.

Yes, I have a spreadsheet.

I wouldn't mind a copy of that spreadsheet! :)
Also 6 wtf damnnn

Maybe they will release it later like the Kirby one?

Koren

I wouldn't mind a copy of that spreadsheet! :)
Here is a csv (well, a semicolon separated) version of mine (so you can import it where you want), minus my data:

Code:
Smash ; Mario
Smash ; Peach
Smash ; Yoshi
Smash ; Donkey Kong
Smash ; Link
Smash ; Fox
Smash ; Samus
Smash ; Wii Fit Trainer
Smash ; Villager
Smash ; Pikachu
Smash ; Kirby
Smash ; Marth
Smash ; Zelda
Smash ; Diddy Kong
Smash ; Luigi
Smash ; Little Mac
Smash ; Pit
Smash ; Captain Falcon
Smash ; Harmony
Smash ; Bowser
Smash ; Lucario
Smash ; Toon Link
Smash ; Sheik
Smash ; Ike
Smash ; Shulk
Smash ; Sonic
Smash ; Mega Man
Smash ; King Dedede
Smash ; Meta Knight
Smash ; Robin
Smash ; Lucina
Smash ; Wario
Smash ; Charizard
Smash ; Ness
Smash ; Pac-Man
Smash ; Lucario
Smash ; Jigglypuff
Smash ; Palutena
Smash ; Dark Pit
Smash ; Suitless Samus
Smash ; Ganondorf
Smash ; Dr Mario
Smash ; Bowser Jr.
Smash ; Olimar
Smash ; Mr. Game & Watch
Smash ; R.O.B.
Smash ; Duck hunt
Smash ; Mii Brawler
Smash ; Mii Swordfighter
Smash ; Mii Gunner
Smash ; Mewtwo
Smash ; Falco
Smash ; Lucas
Smash ; Famicom R.O.B.
Smash ; Roy
Smash ; Ryu
Smash ; Cloud ; ?
Smash ; Corrin ; ?
Smash ; Bayonetta ; ?
Mario ; Mario
Mario ; Luigi
Mario ; Bowser
Mario ; Peach
Mario ; Yoshi
Mario ; Toad
Mario ; Wario
Mario ; Boo
Mario ; Harmony
Mario ; Donkey Kong
Mario ; Waluigi
Mario ; Daisy
Mario ; Diddy Kong
Yoshi's Woolly World ; Green yoshi
Yoshi's Woolly World ; Blue yoshi
Yoshi's Woolly World ; Pink Yoshi
Yoshi's Woolly World ; Mega Yoshi
Yoshi's Woolly World ; Poochy
Animal Crossing ; Isabelle
Animal Crossing ; Tom Nook
Animal Crossing ; Mabel
Animal Crossing ; K. K. Slider
Animal Crossing ; Digby
Animal Crossing ; Reese
Animal Crossing ; Cyrus
Animal Crossing ; Lottie
Animal Crossing ; Blathers
Animal Crossing ; Celeste
Animal Crossing ; Kicks
Animal Crossing ; Resetti
Animal Crossing ; Kapp'n
Animal Crossing ; Rover
Animal Crossing ; Timmy and Tommy
Animal Crossing ; Isabelle (summer)
Splatoon ; Inkling boy
Splatoon ; Inkling girl
Splatoon ; Squid
Splatoon ; Marie
Splatoon ; Callie
Splatoon ; Inkling boy (purple)
Splatoon ; Inkling girl (green)
Splatoon ; Squid (orange)
Mario 30th ; Mario (classic)
Mario 30th ; Mario (modern)
Zelda 30th ; Link (OoT)
Zelda 30th ; Link (LoZ)
Zelda 30th ; Toon Link
Zelda 30th ; Zelda
Chibi-Robo ; Chibi-Robo
Shovel Knight ; Shovel Knight
Kirby ; Kirby
Kirby ; Meta Knight
Kirby ; King Dedede
Kirby ; Waddle Dee
Legend of Zelda ; Link (wolf) ; 3/3/2017
Legend of Zelda ; Link (archer) ; 3/3/2017
Legend of Zelda ; Link (horse) ; 3/3/2017
Legend of Zelda ; Guardian ; 3/3/2017
Legend of Zelda ; Bokoblin ; 3/3/2017
Legend of Zelda ; Zelda ; 3/3/2017
Fire Emblem ; Alm ; 19/5/2017
Fire Emblem ; Celica ; 19/5/2017
That's 110 released ones, and 11 announced.

You may want to add non-EU (gold mario, silver mario, gold megaman, and the six MH ones) and the four skylanders.

Thanks for that, I'm going to double check everything tomorrow but no I haven't pre ordered the zelda ones yet so hopefully they won't be hard to find when they come out... I think skylanders do count, at least the normal ones because they appear on the American amiibo website. Do you not have any of the non UK ones then?

Edit:so is there 132 total? (the spreadsheet plus skylanders)

Chopper

Thanks for that, I'm going to double check everything tomorrow but no I haven't pre ordered the zelda ones yet so hopefully they won't be hard to find when they come out... I think skylanders do count, at least the normal ones because they appear on the American amiibo website. Do you not have any of the non UK ones then?

Edit:so is there 132 total? (the spreadsheet plus skylanders)
134 including the Skylanders stuff and the two new Fire Emblem ones, which I completely forgot about (and hastily added to my spreadsheet!).

The question is: Do the Skylanders vehicles count? Do they have amiibo functionality, or are they just aesthetic?

134 including the Skylanders stuff and the two new Fire Emblem ones, which I completely forgot about (and hastily added to my spreadsheet!).

The question is: Do the Skylanders vehicles count? Do they have amiibo functionality, or are they just aesthetic?

They're just for the skylanders portal, no amiibo functionality on the DK or Bowser vehicles.

Koren

so hopefully they won't be hard to find when they come out...
I don't remember a single Amiibo being difficult to find for ages... It seems that OoT Link is being scalped a bit, but I had no trouble to find it under MSRP when I looked.

I think skylanders do count, at least the normal ones because they appear on the American amiibo website.
Don't the cards appear, too? Two of those Skylanders are only in bundles, too, it's annoying.

Do you not have any of the non UK ones then?
I stopped at Amiibos officially released here. That's a way to avoid having to build cheap repaints like Mario ou Megaman, at least, at expensive prices.

Semajer

I got an email from the Nintendo UK Store yesterday about Mario Sports Superstars amiibo cards, have these been previously announced? This is the first I've heard of them.

Top Bottom