• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

JonnyKong

Oh jeez, I only have room for 5 more on my display shelves, and I have 4 on pre order from the next wave, but how can I not buy Olimar, Duck Hunt, ROB and Ganondorf? And probably Game n Watch guy when they come out? Life is hard.

Yeah, i'm in too deep with waves 1,2 and 3 completed. I've got wave 4 and Mario party wave 1 pre-ordered, so there's really no going back now.

I just hope that they stop releasing waves somewhere along the line!!!

It can't be stopped and we know it. I resisted Mario Party but who knows what devilish plans Nintendo has.

Ashler

It can't be stopped and we know it. I resisted Mario Party but who knows what devilish plans Nintendo has.

You know that when they release those amiibo you're going to look back and know you had a real change to get them and passed it, right?

Just like a few people did with Rosalina now :)

Inotti

People either want it so they have a complete collection or they want it ironically because it's such a dumb thing to have on your desk/shelf.

Wii fit trainer reminds me of Community mascot "human being" and that's why I like her.
tumblr_kwkut25ybg1qzer51o1_500.jpg

Spades

Shulk has been in and out of stock at GameStop.co.uk again this morning. I had one in my basket on my mobile but checkout just looped around so I missed it. He's OOS again now, but worth keeping an eye on him today.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was thinking getting Dedede could be nice but then I read he's hard to find in the UK so looks like I won't be bothering with that.

Hobohodo

Shulk has been in and out of stock at GameStop.co.uk again this morning. I had one in my basket on my mobile but checkout just looped around so I missed it. He's OOS again now, but worth keeping an eye on him today.

Well I'm going to be refreshing constantly during this lecture now

for fuck's sake

Do you know how long he was available?

Kyonashi

the looping checkout is the same problem I had with MK. I wonder if they are actually in stock or if they just say they are and no-one can buy them.

You know that when they release those amiibo you're going to look back and know you had a real change to get them and passed it, right?

Just like a few people did with Rosalina now :)

Wouldn't be surprised, but then again, I'm guessing anything related to the main Mario line (outside of Rosalina!) will get a healthy dose of stock.

Still, I'd never risk it!

Spades

Despite my scepticism the Argos order came through! Wasn't delivered until after 6PM and only packaged in a plastic bag so the boxes are a little bent. Doesn't matter because I open them anyway.

Congrats dude! How were you able to order them for delivery again?

paulrobinbrown

Neo Member
Congrats dude! How were you able to order them for delivery again?

I had Tesco, Toys R Us and Argos stock pages open. I randomly checked it during my lunch on Monday around 12:00PM and they were available for Home Delivery. Quickly processed the order and paid the £3.95 delivery. By the time I got back to a PC they were on AmiiboFiguresUK twitter and had already gone :(

In case they get any more stock I would recommend adding the ones you want to an Argos basket and then refresh periodically to see if home delivery (or 10 local stores) have any. Also Tesco and Toys R Us must be due some stock at some point so I would do the same with them.

H1PSTER

I had Tesco, Toys R Us and Argos stock pages open. I randomly checked it during my lunch on Monday around 12:00PM and they were available for Home Delivery. Quickly processed the order and paid the £3.95 delivery. By the time I got back to a PC they were on AmiiboFiguresUK twitter and had already gone :(

In case they get any more stock I would recommend adding the ones you want to an Argos basket and then refresh periodically to see if home delivery (or 10 local stores) have any. Also Tesco and Toys R Us must be due some stock at some point so I would do the same with them.

I ordered some to be delivered to the store for today on the 20th, the lady at the store seemed pretty set on me getting them today.

I'm going to wait until 12 and call, I doubt they were able to get any in :(.

H1PSTER

Little Mac is showing as in stock on the Tesco Direct website.

However when you try and pay for it it goes immediately to out of stock.

Gutted.

Edit: He is now out of stock, no fake in stock or whatever.

Cappa

Banned
Amiibos are impossible to find here in spain this is ridiculous.... Can't even find the "basic ones" like Mario pikachu etc.... So far only have ike and lucario meh

Andrin

Had to go out of my way and travel for about an hour by train, but I managed to pick up two each of Shulk and Meta Knight yesterday. That's all waves so far accounted for plus two extra super rare figures for trading if I happen to miss another rare in the future.

Amiibos are really starting to get bad for my wallet..

Ashler

Does anyone know whether Nintendo plans to release the Silver and Gold Amiibo in Europe? I can't stand the thought of having to buy one off eBay as its a retail exclusive in the US.

Spades

Does anyone know whether Nintendo plans to release the Silver and Gold Amiibo in Europe? I can't stand the thought of having to buy one off eBay as its a retail exclusive in the US.

I highly doubt it, to be honest. If they do, it'll be a GAME exclusive I'd guess.

H1PSTER

Are you from Denmark? I think it was the Fona store in Lyngby that had it.

But I saw Amiibo's in many places yesterday and in multiple Fona stores. And GameStop of course.

I have a friend that lives there and she was interested in trying to find them, thank you for the advice.

H1PSTER

Sorry for the double post.

I ordered a King Dedede and Shulk from Argos on the 20th and I just called them to check my order, turns out they can't for fill it as their stockists don't have any available, this is including Meta Knight, Megaman, Peach and others.

I don't think I'll be ordering from an Argos store when it comes to these again, it's such a pain :(.

MicH

I have a friend that lives there and she was interested in trying to find them, thank you for the advice.
Toys R Us In Field's had about three Villagers when I checked last Friday. Toys R Us and FONA stores are your best bet. Maybe Elgiganten too, but I've found that quite a few stores don't even carry Amiibo. I wouldn't waste my time in GameStop. Their selection is tiny and mostly consists of Pikachu and Mario

Spades

Once again, HUGE thank you to Shadow Ranger, Meta Knight just arrived:

nU3KtRv.jpg

And to make things even better, my Shulk also came in the post today also:

fQcPUZo.jpg

Not a bad morning!

So, my collection is complete again.
Until next month!

H1PSTER

Just bought a Toon Link... If I can't get King Dedede or Shulk I might as well make up for it and get something for the new Zelda game!

MicH

Once again, HUGE thank you to Shadow Ranger, Meta Knight just arrived:

nU3KtRv.jpg

And to make things even better, my Shulk also came in the post today also:

fQcPUZo.jpg

Not a bad morning!

So, my collection is complete again.
Until next month!
Awesome pictures!

lunch_box

I have a spare villager I can trade for any of meta knight, shill, king dedee. Anyone interested?

I still can't believe amazin did not get enough stock to fulfil my preorder.

Bazry

Little Mac is showing as in stock on the Tesco Direct website.

However when you try and pay for it it goes immediately to out of stock.

Gutted.

Edit: He is now out of stock, no fake in stock or whatever.

Currently doing the same thing again

Koren

Wouldn't actual scalper prices be a lot higher then that?
At which % scalping begin ?

I'd say it depends... Most shops here already have increased their price to 14.99€. I'm surprised the video game shop that sells a lot of rare merchandise (both new and used) near me doesn't sell rare ones for more. For example, they were selling Majora 3DS for 299€.

I still like the fact that they sell a lot of rare merchandise (they currently have two Virtual Boys on display, for example, and a mint Panasonic Q. All for 300-400€ though :/ )

Top Bottom