• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

TheMoon

Meanwhile, I missed the bus on the Yarn Yoshi preorders it seems. Is it comfirmed whether the Smash Yoshi Amiibo will also unlock the clone mode though?

No reason he wouldn't. The whole thing for amiibo is that they all unlock things in multiple games. Yoshi is Yoshi is Yoshi.

It's been lasting far longer than the Wave 4 Amazon.de ever did (all preorders are still up). Is this because there's more stock of Jiggly and Greninja or because they aren't shipping to the US this time around?

Koren

Check Amazon.de from time to time. As people cancel pre-orders, some things might show up there.
Actually, I got a perorder on de for the blue and pink Yoshi... but as others, I feel a bit bad for it.

I've ordered a couple Amiibos in the past from Germany, because in France, it's often a nightmare (Game died, Micromania didn't want to open preorders anymore because they were angry at Nintendo, FNAC is utterly unreliable and cancelled most of my preorders, etc.)

I was doing it without a lot of remorse because Amiibos there seemed to be more readily available. It doesn't seem to be the case anymore :/

Koren

It's been lasting far longer than the Wave 4 Amazon.de ever did (all preorders are still up). Is this because there's more stock of Jiggly and Greninja or because they aren't shipping to the US this time around?
Maybe more because many people are not at work and on their computer but in family?

(and I hope it's not just an inventory mistake on their part)

Amazon.de doesn't ship to the US either (they stopped with wave 3b if I remember correctly).

Maybe more because many people are not at work and on their computer but in family?

Amazon.de doesn't ship to the US either (they stopped with wave 3b if I remember correctly).

Ah, I didn't know that. The former seems like the more plausible then (along with maybe a bigger stock?).

I am guessing none of the Amazon EU line will do it since they use the same distributor.
Guess I will have to rely on Nippon-Yassan. They should be cheaper than a scalper.

jaina

Dammit, I sold my Wii at Xmas! Guess I'll just sell the game on its own. Does the squid come in a proper amiibo box inside the Splatoon LE?

The Mario Party LE was just a box combining the Mario amiibo and MP 10 game in their individual regular retail packaging. I assume the same for Wooly World / Splatoon.
(makes sense because Nintendo only needs to produce one amiibo SKU and can even repackage unsold bundles later)

Linius

The Woolly World game/Amiibo combo is gonna force a Wii U on me. Or it will be like the time that I bought Mario Kart on the Wii. I sold it years later and never bought a Wii
p1kx90C.png

Robin64

I wish something could be done to stop this shit, but I know it never can. Really sours the whole experience though.

They're starting to go out of stock... Greninja gives a "no item in basket" message. It's lasted an hour! After the 10 minute preorder window on Amazon.de for Wave 4 this seems like an eternity, yet I'm sure many people will miss this anyway :(

Thanks again to the fellow gaffer who posted the link!

Not shipping to the US could be one reason it lasted so long no?

Yes. It turns out that only greninja could be shipped to the US, and once that was found out, he sold out within seconds this time.

Jiggs and the others are only slowing going out now. Hopefully the nintendo store uk will stock everything.

TheMoon

This may sound awful, but I'm so happy they stopped shipping to the US. Hopefully Amazon UK follows suit

Same here, honestly. It's bad enough we have to fight amongst ourselves with everybody ordering everybody else's county's amiibo. We shouldn't need to worry about paranoid Americans too^^

Anybody know if Greninja/Jiggly already went up on amazon.de?

Seeing that .fr put them out without even using a proper picture, they might have?

Koren

Jiggly and Greninja did not go up on DE
The webpages definitively went up a couple of days ago. I posted the links on saterday IIRC.

e.g. for Greninja:
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00VK5P27U/

I don't know whether there has been stock, though. It was already "out of stock" when I found the pages. Could have always been this way. But last time Amazon.de created Amiibo pages (for the first 6 Amiibos of Wave 4), stock was added just a couple hours after the page (page during the night, stock in the afternoon). It's strange if they created the webpages ~3-4 days ago and still haven't open preorders.

Pages for other announced Amiibos have *not* been created yet. And pages for Wave 4b Amiibos on Amazon.fr were only created today, when stock arrived (got a "404" this morning, or rather a redirection in fact), and same on UK (still a redirection, last time I checked*)

* edit : yes, that's still the case, and it's the same for amazon.es and amazon.it: pages don't exist yet. Only german and french pages exists.

The webpages definitively went up a couple of days ago. I posted the links on saterday IIRC.

e.g. for Greninja:
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00VK5P27U/

I don't know whether there has been stock, though. It was already "out of stock" when I found the pages. Could have always been this way. But last time Amazon.de created Amiibo pages (for the first 6 Amiibos of Wave 4), stock was added just a couple hours after the page (page during the night, stock in the afternoon). It's strange if they created the webpages ~3-4 days ago and still haven't open preorders.

Pages for other announced Amiibos have *not* been created yet. And pages for Wave 4b Amiibos on Amazon.fr were only created today, when stock arrived (got a "404" this morning, or rather a redirection in fact), and same on UK (still a redirection, last time I checked)

Yup, pages went up a few days ago. I suspect they did not put up stock yet because they are missing official art. Amazon.fr did not care.

de_reddy

Neo Member
For those who ordered, what where the prices for the smash, splatoon and yoshi amiibo's?

Getting tired of refreshing sites all day long and amiibo's popping up in the two hours you're away from home.

So how rare is the Super Mario collection in Europe (Scandinavia to be precise)? Haven't found a single one in any store or in stock online. I really need that Mario one and maybe Bowser. Should I just import from Japan or wait for those suckers to appear somewhere (re-stock/re-print)?

69wpm

For those who ordered, what where the prices for the smash, splatoon and yoshi amiibo's?

Getting tired of refreshing sites all day long and amiibo's popping up in the two hours you're away from home.

Yoshi Wooly amiibo: 19,99 €
Splatoon amiibo: 14,99 €

So how rare is the Super Mario collection in Europe (Scandinavia to be precise)? Haven't found a single one in any store or in stock online. I really need that Mario one and maybe Bowser. Should I just import from Japan or wait for those suckers to appear somewhere (re-stock/re-print)?

Mario, Peach and Toad are semi-rare. E.g. Mario only released in the LE in Germany despite reports of a single release. Toad because people want him. Peach because she is seemingly the least produced figure of the set.

Cappa

Banned

If all you want is Mario and Bowser there is plenty of stock... just look online.

FoxOfShadows

Neo Member
Bad news. As seen here, GAME will announce the time for their pre orders the day before they come out. So now every single American will also get a chance to pre order Ganondorf, Dark Pit etc. months before their pre orders come up, once again fucking us out of amiibo. Thanks

TheMoon

sorry if already asked, but is the splatoon amiibo tripple pack from the direct also comming to europe?
->
Thankyou, Ordered them all even the game bundles in case they are hard to get over here.

Are the 3 pack yoshi bundles and the 3 pack splatoon bundle coming to the UK?

The Splatoon one isn't (Squid is exclusive to thegame bundle)and nothing has been announced in regards to a Yarn Yoshi triple pack

Shibata said the Squid is exclusive to the Splatoon LE in Europe.

Australia will get the triple pack, though (but no LE!). In Japan you can buy them all separately, too.

Top Bottom