• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

PrimeX

Hey guys, just received my first amiibos and don't know how to do the following thing:
- Smash Mario amiibo has been setup within Smash Bros. Now trying to play with this amiibo in online mode of Smash and no matter how I close the figurine to the nfc reader, it doesn't show in the game. Is this amiibo functionality only working in local multi or single player modes?

MicH

Hey guys, just received my first amiibos and don't know how to do the following thing:
- Smash Mario amiibo has been setup within Smash Bros. Now trying to play with this amiibo in online mode of Smash and no matter how I close the figurine to the nfc reader, it doesn't show in the game. Is this amiibo functionality only working in local multi or single player modes?
Yeah, you can't use Amiibo in online play

JonnyKong

Jesus, I'm starting to get genuinely worried I won't be able to get any yarn Yoshi or the squid or the new Smash Bros peeps. It's shocking how it all it comes down to is being on the Internet at the right time. It will most likely happen when I'm at work as per usual.

Jesus, I'm starting to get genuinely worried I won't be able to get any yarn Yoshi or the squid or the new Smash Bros peeps. It's shocking how it all it comes down to is being on the Internet at the right time. It will most likely happen when I'm at work as per usual.

Amiibo are both our reward for staying loyal to Nintendo, and punishment for being too few to sustain them.

That's why there are never enough of them.

Koren

I don't think you should be worried too much for the Squid and the green Yoshi. Bundles are usually not rare in shops. The only one that was really impossible to find was the Bayoneta one.

Even the steelboxes Pokemon ORAS bundles were "sold out" at launch, but I've seen countless of those in the following weeks.

But for the other amiibos... I'm not starting to get worried, I AM worried since last month, seeing how 3b is awful (still looking for Dedede) and 4 will probably be worse.

It's a holiday so most likely tomorrow.
You expect Amazon to be predictable?

Wave 4 preorders appeared on 'de' more than three weeks after 'uk'...

JonnyKong

I'm hoping now that the UK Nintendo store site has implemented a one per customer allowance it might be a little easier to get them, but we'll see.

Getting pretty excited for the next batch coming soon, mainly just to use the Pacman helmet in Mario Kart.

nemisis0

I'm hoping now that the UK Nintendo store site has implemented a one per customer allowance it might be a little easier to get them, but we'll see.

Getting pretty excited for the next batch coming soon, mainly just to use the Pacman helmet in Mario Kart.

They already implemented that, you order more than one then they will reduce it to one or cancel the whole order But the stock on nintendos site run's out very fast.

Has there been any news about the Amiibo cards? I'm really wondering if they are going to sell them as booster packs, or separate cards.

jaina

Has there been any news about the Amiibo cards? I'm really wondering if they are going to sell them as booster packs, or separate cards.

I haven't seen any additional info about it. Our biggest clue is the number "095" in one of the cards. I doubt they would sell over a hundred cards individually. So I'm very curious myself about booster pack prices. Probably also depends on whether Happy Home Designer itself is free or not.

Dee Dee

Hey, for any Berlin Gaffers here:
I was at GameStop in Neukölln late on saturday, they had a Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and King DeDeDe just chilling there.
Meanwhile, I missed the bus on the Yarn Yoshi preorders it seems. Is it comfirmed whether the Smash Yoshi Amiibo will also unlock the clone mode though?

taranatar

Thankyou, Ordered them all even the game bundles in case they are hard to get over here.

Are the 3 pack yoshi bundles and the 3 pack splatoon bundle coming to the UK?

MicH

Thankyou, Ordered them all even the game bundles in case they are hard to get over here.

The Splatoon one isn't (Squid is exclusive to thegame bundle)and nothing has been announced in regards to a Yarn Yoshi triple pack

I believe the 3 pack of yoshi amiibo is, but the splatton is not. The squid amiibo is exclusive to a splatoon +squid amiibo bundle.

taranatar

Dammit, I sold my Wii at Xmas! Guess I'll just sell the game on its own. Does the squid come in a proper amiibo box inside the Splatoon LE?

Also we shouldn't feel bad for ordering from France. As all the Americans order from Amazon UK and take our stock anyway!

Does Amazon France no longer allow you to pay with £'s anymore?

I remember paying in £'s with my card when ordering a extended wiiu gamepad battery from their

Bydobob

i feel like a scumbag for pre ordering stuff on Amazon France when i'm in the uk, SORRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :'(

Exactly my thoughts. If I secure them any other way in the UK I'll be cancelling. Been on the receiving end enough times to know the frustration!

My kids were thrilled when I told them though, Greninja and Jiggly are two of their favourites.

Koren

Excellent, thanks! That's the Inklings, Greninja and Jigglypuff all ordered. Should be able to get the bundles more easily at launch, so I'll hold off on them.
Same for me, except that I go the bundles from Auchamp already... I just hope being half an hour late isn't bad news :/

Now, I only need the Yarn Yoshi amiibos (especially the blue one) and I'm done till they release the next wave of Smash Amiibos (Palutena, Dark Pit, ZSS and Ganon, if I'm not mistaken)

69wpm

Same for me, except that I go the bundles from Auchamp already... I just hope being half an hour late isn't bad news :/

Now, I only need the Yarn Yoshi amiibos (especially the blue one) and I'm done till they release the next wave of Smash Amiibos (Palutena, Dark Pit, ZSS and Ganon, if I'm not mistaken)

Check Amazon.de from time to time. As people cancel pre-orders, some things might show up there.

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=sr_nr_se...|B00VK5OJ9M|B00VK5O6YU&ie=UTF8&qid=1428044434

Exactly my thoughts. If I secure them any other way in the UK I'll be cancelling. Been on the receiving end enough times to know the frustration!

My kids were thrilled when I told them though, Greninja and Jiggly are two of their favourites.

The European Amazon sites - .de and .fr - are the only ones I use outside of the UK, and even there I've cancelled orders if I can track an item down locally. I don't touch local game shops or chain stores in other countries, and I don't go outside Europe - partly a financial decision (I don't intend to spend anything more than retail price plus 50% for an amiibo, max) and partly because it feels like taking away from local customers.

Linius

I'm just gonna wait for Bol.com to come with pre-orders. Then I can choose to pay once it releases at least. And it's annoying that Amazon only accepts CC and giftcards. Wish they would go with Paypal already.

Top Bottom