• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Not really. Tories won't lose unless there's a large swing in Labour's way, and boring everyone to sleep will prevent that.

Yeah, she's the frontrunner, she wins from score-draws, and as much as the comparison is tempting, the Corbyn-May distance is bigger than Trump-Clinton so it's not like she has pressure to exceed a score-draw.

Empty

may did well. she diffused the big issue on the dementia tax and was boring without saying anything bad on her weaknesses.

Faddy

Banned
Yeah, she's the frontrunner, she wins from score-draws, and as much as the comparison is tempting, the Corbyn-May distance is bigger than Trump-Clinton so it's not like she has pressure to exceed a score-draw.

"score draws" are good for Corbyn when the main Tory theme is Theresa is "Strong and Stable" and Corbyn is a despot. If people put them on an even footing that is bad for the Tories.

PJV3

Not really. Tories won't lose unless there's a large swing in Labour's way, and boring everyone to sleep will prevent that.

Ah, I'm thinking more of what the Tories were expecting at the beginning of the campaign, I'm not expecting an actual full blown defeat at this point.

I'm getting carried away with how relatively well its going so far.

kmag

The softball "difficult woman" question about EU negotiations. May as well have asked "what are your strengths as a strong and stable leader"

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
"score draws" are good for Corbyn when the main Tory theme is Theresa is "Strong and Stable" and Corbyn is a despot. If people put them on an even footing that is bad for the Tories.

I mean sure, but what I'm saying is, if you're May, and you have a choice between high risk/high reward vs low risk/low reward, you're going to take low risk - you're the frontrunner, after all. I do think Corbyn might gain on this performance, but not enough, because May avoided making any big howlers, which was the point. She was using boringness as a weapon.

Tregard

Soothsayer
The average voter couldn't really care less about Fox Hunting at the best of times, but especially right now.

That's why I expected it to come up. "Why is this a point of your manifesto when there are more important things to be doing?", that sort of thing

Watching this shit is mostly just annoying.

Q - "What about losing funding for schools"

A - "i want all our kids to have a good education, blah blah blah blah..."

Does anyone listen to these sorts of "answers" and think they made a good point? Hell any point at all?

And these "we will work out a fair cap / budget once you have voted us in" answers are even worse.

Uzzy

Bad for the Tories is a majority of 30 for them.

I mean, for sure you'll have some annoyed Tory leaders lamenting a poor campaign that should have been a slam dunk with a majority of 150 and Labour in meltdown, but they'll still be in power. Power smooths over disappointment quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom